Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

astrakio posted:

Don't you mean like the Gears-of-War-esque game now on hiatus?

I'm kinda glad, because a Chrysler is the worst Ecto-1 replacement ever imagined.

And when the gently caress did the Ghostbusters borrow their guns from the Colonial Marines?

awwww
Guess it will have to be a Saleen Mustang from Transformers then. (When I win the lottery that is, any day now. According to the math nerds I have an equal chance not actually playing, therefore by not playing I should win eventually.)

Crane fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Holy poo poo, OP. Those are nothing short of amazing, and your level of dedication makes me proud to be a goon. I do have a question though; aside from the $4000 vehicle cost for the Jurassic Park jeep, how much did parts/labour you didn't do cost?

Also, I live next to a guy who has a replica Mystery Machine. It doesn't have "Mystery Machine" on the side, but it was his old van that had repainted with housepaint... poo poo brown and piss yellow. When that didn't work out, he got some more paint and did all the Mystery Machine colours and graphics. I'll see if I can't get a pic up sometime soon.

MrGiggleswick
Sep 7, 2004
If you don't mind me asking since noone else has, how much money and time did you put into the whole project. This is seriously the coolest car I have ever seen and it's still so functional/practical. I would love to have a vehcile like that or the green and yellow explorer.

wckd
May 4, 2004

So when you see Mr. Cocksmoker later, just walk by and go "Hey Cocksmoker, eat a bag of dicks."
Oh my god these are awesome! I love that the Ecto1's orange lights work.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Seeing the finished jeep, I ejaculated all over my house and am going to have to hose the place down. Every surface is sticky.

:bravo:

When are you going to add the side steps?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

One question. Where did you learn how to do all this car work? I've always wanted to do projects like this but I'm worries I'll gently caress something up in the car and kill someone/me.

eightcell
Jul 14, 2004
Did this for another thread but thought relevant somehow:

BTW: great work OP

eightcell fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 14, 2007

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

In the mid-1980s through the early 1990s, a Rice University employee/former Rice student owned a replica of the Animal House Deathmobile. You'd always see the Deathmobile parked in the Rice Stadium parking lot. :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Boomerjinks posted:

Thoughts?

Oh my god I laughed so hard at the shaving cream in the back. That is AMAZING. :awesome: Dammit I want one.

MechaRedneck
Jan 9, 2005
After you finish the rails and lightbar, you need to take a road trip to Cabazon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabazon_Dinosaurs

Edit: gently caress it, I just can't get the hang of this VB code stuff.

MechaRedneck fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 15, 2007

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

The Human Cow posted:

Here is your next project:

I don't know what that it, but its not the Bluesmobile.

I believe this is

Also to the op, job well done.

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales

Boomerjinks posted:

With the Ecto at night.

This is all kinds of loving awesome.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Make the Bluth Company Staircar

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Awesome Work!

Also while not nearly as iconic as the Ectomobile or the Jurassic Park ranger what about the Knight Rider car for a future project?

Crymson
May 21, 2001

O Arashi
Both of those cars look great. I think your next project should be the Ninja Turtles Party Wagon as that would kick rear end kinds of rear end, or get an actual Delorean, even though they are hard to find, and make the Time Machine.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Awesome project!

Why is it that when I go to Best Buy and see all three JP movies for $20, I decide to not buy them? Then nearly every time I get home and see a reason why I should have gotten them. :/

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."
My God, you are awesome and insane and insanely awesom! :aaaaa:

Basilson
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, right, buddy, liquor store robbery, officer down. Sure. And I'm Edward G. Robinson.
As many others have said, that is incredible. I'm in love.

I have long dreamed of doing this to my Jeep ever since I got her.

Behold:

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm thinking of making my own 'hybrid' version, by adding the red stripes and assorted decals to the current colour, rather than repainting to the correct gray colour you have.

All that I lack is the funds... (and the equipment, and the space, and the know-how) :(

Basilson fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 15, 2007

IzzyNobre
Dec 8, 2005

Long live Mario
Having just finished reading Jurassic Park for the millionth time (I'm a huge Michael Crichton fan), this thread made me incredibly jealous. Awesome, OP.

CrackyMcZap
Oct 17, 2004

Do you guys have any idea how much kinetic energy a pound of tannerite has?
Here are some lovely cell phone shots I took of a Bluesmobile in Eugene, OR.
I think it gets bonus style points for being beat to poo poo and full of trash. I think someone lives in it.

Dies
Jun 27, 2004

I AM OWEN, BOW TO YOUR GOD
What's the law on having vehicles painted in police colour schemes over in the US? I've always wondered this. Surely the cops would have something to say about it if you wanted to drive around in a car painted in the traditional black and white?

edit: Also I've been wondering why jeeps in Jurassic Park need parking passes. What, were they worried about some fucker stealing their spot? On an island accessible only by helicopter, filled with gigantic murderous lizards? :v:

Dies fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 15, 2007

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I think it varies by municipality. Only thing you can't have for sure are lightbars but a lot of police cars don't have them anymore either.

Not sure if it's popular elsewhere but around here a lot of the drug dealers drive either old copcars or they buy old while Caprices and Crown Vics and tint the windows and put spotlights on them.

For the parking pass thing, I imagine it also served some sort of fancy security measure for going through gates and all.

gobblebox
Mar 20, 2004
awesome work, looking forward to your next endeavour

Blob in Tuxedo
Jul 14, 2004

Dies posted:

What's the law on having vehicles painted in police colour schemes over in the US? I've always wondered this. Surely the cops would have something to say about it if you wanted to drive around in a car painted in the traditional black and white?

I drive around in an old police car thats still painted black and white and have no problems there is nothing illegal about it. Just stay away from the lights, sirens, and anything else that shouldnt be in or on the car and you should be good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Great job, and great pics!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That is a cool project, definitely looking forward to seeing what you do next. :)

QuarkMartial posted:

Awesome project!

Why is it that when I go to Best Buy and see all three JP movies for $20, I decide to not buy them? Then nearly every time I get home and see a reason why I should have gotten them. :/

One good reason is that JP3 loving blew.

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?
You guys are the epitome of awesome. My friend and I saw you in Ft Collins and talked to you at a stop light near Barnes and Noble - nice dance moves! Hope to see the ectomobile around Old Town soon!

Steneub
Sep 13, 2003

For the people

CrackyMcZap posted:

Here are some lovely cell phone shots I took of a Bluesmobile in Eugene, OR.
I think it gets bonus style points for being beat to poo poo and full of trash. I think someone lives in it.

Nice, it even has the right license plate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unzercharlie
Aug 23, 2005

Amazing job, very impressive.

You have to do the ninja turtle party van next, I'd suggest an early seventies van like this one.

When you're done can I have it?