Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bi Barbarian
Dec 9, 2003

quack quack

Liquid Communism posted:

Oldschool player checking in. Played in highschool, up until '03, then gave it up because I despise speedball and noone was running big woodsball anymore. Got rid of all my gear except for the pistols. A matched pair of pre-2001 PGP's, one serial number different. Sure, they're way obsolete, but they don't break and have more kills on them than any other paintgun I've ever owned.

Plus, I got to tell people I spent less on my markers than they did on paint.

Seriously, though, I really don't like what the proliferation of electros and the tourney mindset have done to the game. It felt like the game stopped being a bunch of people playing tag, and turned into wannabe high-speed low-drag operators who've traded any sort of accuracy for sheer paint dumping.

Another oldschool player here. I played from 2000-2002, primarily woodsball. I had a great automag that my brother accidentally threw away

That said, a few of my friends had PGPs and one of the games we'd play was to pit the best guy, armed with only a PGP, against the rest of us with semi-auto markers.

Man. I really, really miss old school paintball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU