Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Loooogan
Jul 1, 2007
Ahem.

I would like to apologize in advance for the lovely thread.

Somewhere between 1992-1995, I would say, I remember a commercial of Hulk Hogan advertising a certain pair of shoes. Inside the sole there was a drawer-like compartment in which one was supposed to keep small pieces of meat such as beef jerky or ham. This meat would be kept warm while they walked.

I have asked roughly twenty people if they remember this product, none of them do. Someone suggested that due to the outrageousness of the product, it's possible that I am remembering a spoof commercial from Saturday Night Live. That is most definitely a possibility. But I remember seeing this commercial on more than one occasion. Certainly my seven-year-old self couldn't have been having reoccurring dreams of Hulk Hogan shoes. Help me, Internet.

Here is a picture of what I vaguely remember it to look like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atticus
Nov 7, 2002

this is how u post~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/fo...php?forumid=171

Mr. G
Aug 23, 2007

by angerbotSD

I think you just ate a lot of paint chips when you were a kid. Either that or saw some comedy sketch show. Terry Hogan would never endorse a product like that.

Meho
Feb 1, 2006
Born to Lurk

No, but I do seem to remember a commercial where the Ultimate Warrior was selling shorts with an extra pocket in the crotch to keep your fried chicken warm......

Handen
Jun 29, 2003

NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKER

Ah yes, the Hulk Hogan forum.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003
And now the only married news team in the tri-county area: Jan & Wayne Skylar with special news correspondant Dr. Steve Brule

What the hell? Why would you keep meat in a shoe???

The more I think of it the more my head hurts. I have never heard of this in my life but I want to own a pair right now

Xacto Wife
Aug 19, 2005

I should be somewhere erasing indigenous people, not fetching super vagina.

sounds like you fell asleep during Nitro and had a hosed-up dream.

atticus
Nov 7, 2002

this is how u post~

Handen posted:

Ah yes, the Hulk Hogan forum.

ah yes, a sarcastic retort back at you for somehow defending the fact that this was posted in the completely wrong forum

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

I'm wearing a pair right now, my meat should be warm soon.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

fear itself

If you make this you'll earn a million dollars.

Johnny Walker
Jun 14, 2005

I've got a home for
Bloggers Let's exchange
ideas,stories and photos
with friendly writers
and editors.

I'm a guy on the go and so tired of cold meat...this is brilliant!

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

No, but I do remember Hulk Hogan talking in a faux English accent while painting and hawking deodorant.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Likes: Katanas, Corea, Entertainment Centre, Couch, Yellow, Bald, Power, Teen Panties

click my av for a fun surprise

idiot race's bald fail admin of the week winner 2013

You are out of your loving mind.

X-Sgt. Zypygski
Oct 23, 2006

by T. Finninho

I had shoes with little pockets in them as a kid, but I usually put a quarter or something in there, not meat.

They also weren't Hulk Hogan shoes.

There WERE Hulk Hogan vitamins, but my mom would never buy those.

Screaming Hand
Jul 30, 2004

Looks like you dropped acid, watched some TV, and assimilated a Macho Man Randy Savage Slim Jim commercial into a shoe commercial. Either that or you're the next incarnation of Leonardo DaVinci. Enjoy your newfound fortune and fame.

Johnny Walker
Jun 14, 2005

I've got a home for
Bloggers Let's exchange
ideas,stories and photos
with friendly writers
and editors.

X-Sgt. Zypygski posted:

I had shoes with little pockets in them as a kid, but I usually put a quarter or something in there, not meat.

They also weren't Hulk Hogan shoes.
Those were Roos.

The Swinemaster
Dec 28, 2005

I will always remember this day as the first day I ever heard of meat warming shoes.

And yes you are completely insane.

Dirp
May 16, 2007

I'd think keeping beef jerky near your crotch would be alot more effective in warming it.

Also, who the gently caress eats warm beef jerky?

giancarlo
Feb 19, 2007

very free

I had those shoes!
They were white with some yellow stripes, I used to wear them all the time and roam the streets, slyly grabbing bits of jerky from my feet mid-stride.

Ruck
Jun 1, 2000

Forum Veteran

Could have been a comedy skit. It just doesn't make sense at all.

I want a pair.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Likes: Katanas, Corea, Entertainment Centre, Couch, Yellow, Bald, Power, Teen Panties

click my av for a fun surprise

idiot race's bald fail admin of the week winner 2013

"You want some of this beef jerky?"
"Yeah I'm starving, where the hell did you get the from?"
"My shoes!"
"..."

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

no... but you gotta patent that quick! That product is borderline insane/genius. Maybe you can add some of those roller things on the bottom that kids like and hook it up to a heat coil in the compartment to make your meat medium rare while you're on the go?

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

Dirp posted:

Also, who the gently caress eats warm beef jerky?

Bizzaro Hogan, apparently.

Barbwire Mike
Dec 17, 2004

Let me tell you something about stepping in someone else's cornflakes... it's a weird way to eat cornflakes

There are plenty of places that showcase the stupid products that have come from professional wrestling. I promise you if this had ever existed, it would be the centerpiece of every single one of them.

So, no... although if someone does patent this, make sure you use "hide the salami" somewhere in your advertising.

Dza
Feb 16, 2003

Wow, that's awesome! I really hope that these shoes somehow exist. If not, someone should carve up a pair of shoes to add a meat compartment and maybe paste on a Hulk head. Bonus points for red and yellow color scheme.

Oncogene
Jan 27, 2006

You like the man on the Kool-Aid pack. How you break your back like that?

Loooogan posted:

I can't stop loving laughing at the concept of these things.

Oh man, I wish so much they were real. There's no way in hell they are though.

Kalash
May 2, 2007

Нет человека, нет проблемы.

Whacked out pot/meth/LSD head.

Dave Thorpe Painting
Aug 9, 2004
Dictator of The World - 2033

I'm pretty sure I remember these as well, but the beef jerky part, that's insanity.

FarticusRex
May 8, 2007

It was not Hulk Hogan. It was a comedian whose name escapes me. He kinda looked like a thin David Crosby. But it was a fake commercial possibly on SNL of "The Broiler." It uses the heat of your feet to cook the meat, at least that was the tagline.

pintle
Aug 3, 2007
to err is human, dear fez

The hulkster does have a grill, maybe that's where the meat comes in. And at some point or another, there must've been endorsed sneakers. 'tis yer brain that's cross wired OP.

^^ edit: or that. I still maintain that you are crazy

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

MATSUYAAAAAAY

The Hulk Hogan grill is perfect for all my hulkamaniacs BROTHER.

Water Cucumber
Mar 16, 2007

Feelin' so good!

Kalash posted:

Whacked out pot/meth/LSD head.

I was just thinking this.

What a retarded concept.

Swiftboat Rookie
Jan 12, 2005

It's Sexin' Time!

I haven't laughed this hard at a thread concept/execution for since... gently caress, I can't remember! Tears running down my face, whole nine yards. Holy gently caress my sides hurt.

I'd buy those shoes in a heartbeat.

Sonny_Crockett
Jun 1, 2000

Rings a bell, but I can't really tell from that image. Can we maybe get a more detailed mockup? It's not getting the Hulk Hogan brand across successfully.

(thread of the day for sure)

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

This sounds vaguely like something that Comedy Central aired many moons ago.

Maybe it was a Carrot Top gag?

Mister Jefe
May 18, 2004
STUPID CHILD.
I founded a forum to abuse the IP relay service

FarticusRex posted:

It was not Hulk Hogan. It was a comedian whose name escapes me. He kinda looked like a thin David Crosby. But it was a fake commercial possibly on SNL of "The Broiler." It uses the heat of your feet to cook the meat, at least that was the tagline.

Sounds like Bruce Baum.

FarticusRex
May 8, 2007

Yup Bruce Baum that was him. I've had no luck finding a video of it though.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

That's ok man, keep searching. I couldn't convince anyone that The Noozles existed for like ten years before I found it on a old cartoons web page. I didn't remember the title and the premise sounds so hosed up nobody would believe I wasn't imagining it.

For reference: It's about refugee magical koalas from an evil Outback dimension (Koala-Wala Land) with (apparently) a police state and a wallaby gestapo. On Earth, in exile or whatever, they stay with this kid, spending most of their time as stuffed animals, becoming their real animate selves again only when 'noozled', or Nose-nuzzled. What a mindfuck of a series for a kid to watch. Actually, I just checked wikipedia for my facts and it appears this show was originally Japanese, which I didn't know but explains A LOT.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

This is awesome. You should go ahead and produce these shoes. I don't think Hulk Hogan will care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Nathilus posted:

That's ok man, keep searching. I couldn't convince anyone that The Noozles existed for like ten years before I found it on a old cartoons web page. I didn't remember the title and the premise sounds so hosed up nobody would believe I wasn't imagining it.

haha, I actually had to look this up on wiki because I was sure you were talking out your arse. The Koala in it was actually named Brinky. I cannot work out if Blinky Bill ripped off Brinky or if it was the other way round.

Edit: Blinky Bill was created in 1934 so I think I know who was created first.

Meanwhile, Until I am eating warmed foot meat I dont beleive in these shoes.

«6 »