Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

meek posted:

what the hell is "Hoke"
"Hope" with a K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

VarangianSam posted:

where the hell is ted rall pulling this "OBAMA'S GOING TO BOMB IRAN" poo poo? honestly

More to the point, where the hell is Ted Rall pulling this "Obama's opaque oratory" poo poo from? I don't see how anyone could have trouble figuring out what he's saying, except if they're reta- oh wait. Never mind.

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

Of course I first had to kill the man with some ingenious plan

Third panel: The sun is hot.

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

Also I like how they made a general look like a caricature of Vladimir Putin way to support the troops duder

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dr. West posted:

i'd say being a community organizer is much better presidential qualification :shobon:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Uncle Wemus posted:

i'd say being a community organizer is much better presidential qualification :shobon:

hes just stating facts

Mylakovich
Feb 25, 2008

Now more Modern
than ever before!

Dr. West posted:

is his head some kind of pulsating mass because it is changing shape midsentence

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

meek posted:

what the hell is "Hoke"

it's what Miss Daisy uses to get to the Piggly Wiggly

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

More of these cartoons please

I want our great-grandchildren to be look back on these and recognize CEOs for the robber barons they are

Magister
May 13, 2006

by The Finn

Dr. West posted:

More of these cartoons please

I want our great-grandchildren to be look back on these and recognize CEOs for the robber barons they are

Corporations still complainabout minimum wage hikes, even though current minimum wage has half the buying power it did when the system was first established. And yet CEO pay continues to rise and get nice bonuses, regardless of the market. Robber barons is a pretty apt title.

Huh. He... he remembered to tell a joke. Granted it's a "lol, politicians," joke, but still a joke.

Magister fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 3, 2008

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Magister posted:

Huh. He... he remembered to tell a joke. Granted it's a "lol, politicians," joke, but still a joke.
Not only did he remember to tell a joke, the punchline wasn't "lol liberals".

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I can't help thinking that that mallard strip is missing a last panel saying "Orange you glad I didn't say 'Niggers'?"

come on you know he wanted to

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I can't help thinking that that mallard strip is missing a last panel saying "Orange you glad I didn't say 'Niggers'?"

come on you know he wanted to

Yeah because lol niggers amirite?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. West posted:

Why look its a comic full of THINGS HE DIDN'T SAY.

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Why look its a comic full of THINGS HE DIDN'T SAY.

Are political cartoonists completely exempt from libel laws?

Cause I'm pretty sure most of the conservative poo poo in here is a misdemeanor

Bestial Acts
Jan 24, 2007

what do you mean you forgot the chicken nuggets

Magister posted:

I don't even know what's wrong with that guy's face, it's just so horribly drawn.

Hyosho
May 9, 2006

Magister posted:

Why is MF mumbling into his hand (wing?) when there's a dude trying to make a "niggers" joke to his identical twin on the phone behind him?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
of all the things tinsley sucks at drawing, somebody talking on the phone is by far his worst

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah because lol niggers amirite?

That was part of the joke. Who do you think 'people more likely to rob me' are in the minds of cabbies?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it's what Miss Daisy uses to get to the Piggly Wiggly

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Strawman posted:

That was part of the joke. Who do you think 'people more likely to rob me' are in the minds of conservatives?

nidpants
Jul 19, 2007
see above.

Dr. West posted:

Whoops, you forgot to make an argument!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dr. West posted:

Did a cartoonist really just portray the Supreme Court killing Uncle Sam in a positive light?

Even that fake right-wing political cartoon in Watchmen is more sane than this. What the gently caress, conservatives?
Actually Rob Rogers appeared to be a pretty left-leaning cartoonist who spends most of his time criticizing the war in Iraq, the Bush administration, opponents of gay marriage etc. so i assume he thinks this is not a good thing

www.post-gazette.com/robrogers/

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Diagnosed posted:

gently caress you, people with unreliable republican representatives who vote against increased funding for levies and securing rivers and doing checkups on this stuff better!

welcome to cedar rapids iowa

struan87
Sep 8, 2004

What's your sign?

Dr. West posted:

jesus christ

hey idiots
this is why we want to take away your guns
BECAUSE YOU JOKE ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE WITH THEM

Hysterical Woman
Nov 27, 2007
I'm disappointed in you, lf. Anime is for children and pedophiles.

*watches Death Note*

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Actually Rob Rogers appeared to be a pretty left-leaning cartoonist who spends most of his time criticizing the war in Iraq, the Bush administration, opponents of gay marriage etc. so i assume he thinks this is not a good thing

https://www.post-gazette.com/robrogers/

It was on the same cagle page as the one where the Supreme Court is shooting a hippie wearing a pink shirt and short-shorts gimme a break

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dr. West posted:

It was on the same cagle page as the one where the Supreme Court is shooting a hippie wearing a pink shirt and short-shorts gimme a break
nah it's an easy mistake to make i just wanted to know for sure

also the post-gazette is full of great cranks:
"Why Fireworks are a Constitutional Right"
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08184/894090-154.stm

quote:

Oh, yes, firecrackers are dangerous all right. Any idiot can blow his fingers off -- and many idiots do. But many idiots also shoot themselves or others, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, because they are idiots. Thanks to the Supreme Court, their idiocy is of a superior nature now because it is rooted in the exercising of an individual constitutional right.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

I don't see why any of these are a bad thing, but maybe that is what makes me a godless liberal

can't remember if this was posted already, sorry if it's a repeat. i still don't get it though.

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

can't remember if this was posted already, sorry if it's a repeat. i still don't get it though.

The Easter Bunny is a fake being made of fluff and magic, as is the target of Eric Allie's current amphetamine-fueled rage

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

creationist believer posted:

of all the things tinsley sucks at drawing, somebody talking on the phone is by far his worst

he does a better job than the hack that does dick tracy.

struan87
Sep 8, 2004

What's your sign?

stubblyhead posted:

I don't see why any of these are a bad thing, but maybe that is what makes me a godless liberal
the problem is the assumption that gas prices should be lower

conservatives are great
"free market free market free market OH GOD THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE HELP ME GOVERNMENT"

Farin U is Queer
Jun 14, 2005

Real punk comes from best-friend-butt-fucking pacifistic straight-edge vegaquarians. Ts.

Aaron Burr posted:

"What's that? Timmy's stuck in a well?"

"Bark. Bark bark bark bark bark ... bark."

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa

This needs to be guoted again.

nidpants
Jul 19, 2007
see above.

stubblyhead posted:

These are a bad thing because they won't let the US economy grow as fast as it needs to in order to grow out of the oncoming depression:wtc:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

stubblyhead posted:

His last name's Kelly...

Space Kimchi
Jan 7, 2007

by Peatpot

stubblyhead posted:

jesus christ she has a claw

The Glistening
Feb 8, 2007

by Fragmaster

nidpants posted:

These are a bad thing because they won't let the US economy grow as fast as it needs to in order to grow out of the oncoming depression:wtc:

which is Clinton's fault

nidpants
Jul 19, 2007
see above.

The Glistening posted:

which is Clinton's fault
it is truly amazing the policy failures that 6 years of an aligned Republican administration and congress couldn't fix, huh

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

nidpants posted:

it is truly amazing the policy failures that 6 years of an aligned Republican administration and congress couldn't fix, huh

Give em 8 more.

They'll clear right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

stubblyhead posted:

Chester Gould is spinning in his loving grave right now