Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
easyjo
Nov 4, 2004

fleeee!
Yesterday my flatmates and I created this, a house made only of meat.. Similar to a gingerbread house, but purely pork based :)

Vegetarians please look away now..

Here's the steps:

Starting to lay the walls on a bed of breadcrumbs:

Building up the walls more:

We decided kebab sticks would be a good addition to hold it together during the cooking:

Creation of the lawn, (750g of sausage meat, seasoned with sage, and a load of food colouring):

Laying down the lawn, and starting the roof:

Adding the roof, streaky bacon of course:

A few more additions, some seasoning, a paprika car and a bird bath:

Oven time!

100 minute later:

Kebab stick removal, now everything inside is totally edible:

And that's it, meat house complete:

Ingredients:
~20 sausages
12 rashers of bacon
1kg of sausage meat
2/3 a packet of bread crumbs
= 5870 calories...

6 of us managed to complete about 75% of it in one sitting :)

easyjo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

easyjo
Nov 4, 2004

fleeee!

TheLizard posted:

Your pictures aren't working for me. I desperatly want to see this house of meat.

I've changed the image urls, it may work now.

easyjo
Nov 4, 2004

fleeee!

utonium posted:

That's radtacular. But that ketchup wasn't for the meat, was it?

yes, although the gravy we had was better.

Painless posted:

Nothing in the OP is not gross. But yeah, I guess that's some kind of extremely questionable achievement. Did it taste edible?

Yup it was actually pretty good, all the sausagement was seasoned nicely, and the sausages were decent quality. :)

easyjo
Nov 4, 2004

fleeee!

Diving Buttress posted:

Do I see people actually ate slices of the lawn? All I can imagine is the taste of sausage and bacon grease run-off combined with the (green) meat. :(

I'd eat the roof.

The lawn was actually pretty good, and wasn't too greasy as we had a bed of breadcrumbs to absorb most of it. Although yes, the roof was by far the tastiest bit :)