Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

also with matt stewart dying i don't know how that affects the timeline

e wow what a sad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

CodfishCartographer posted:

I mean they are in theory coming out with a new album """"soon"""" - a handful of new songs have been played at shows within the last year or two. By kalnoky standards that means a new album is practically around the corner, but for the rest of us that means it might be a few more years before anything comes of it.

For the rest of us that could mean anything between "this afternoon" and "never," inclusive.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

loving hell, Greg Lee from Hepcat died. Had a brain aneurysm and cardiac arrest on Sunday, he was only 53. The worst loving news.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Bird in a Blender posted:

loving hell, Greg Lee from Hepcat died. Had a brain aneurysm and cardiac arrest on Sunday, he was only 53. The worst loving news.

Yeah, I woke up to that news and it really sucks. I just have so many memories tied up with Hepcat. They were the first "real" show that I went to with my friends, at the Trocadero in Philly in 1998. When I got married, even knowing that she hates most of the music I listen to, my wife gave me free rein to pick any 3 songs for the playlist, and Dance Wid Me was one of them.

The other time I got to see them was an odd experience - I used to travel a lot for work, and I sometimes managed to line trips up with concerts. So I ended up at the Knitting Factory in Spokane, WA to see Hepcat open for Flogging Molly, with a then-unknown Fitz and the Tantrums as the first band. In a very large crowd, I was one of maybe 8 people that cared about Hepcat in a tiny dance area near the stage and that was just a surreal feeling.

Of course, I put Right On Time on in the car while driving my 7 year old to karate tonight, and he immediately jumped to "I don't like this song" when The Secret came on. Get some taste, kid - that's an amazing song. (I joke, because my poor children have absorbed some of my musical tastes - they constantly ask me to play the first three songs on the new Mustard Plug album)

RIP Greg, thanks for all the music and memories.