Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

My only complaint about the new LTJ album is that City of Gainsville is about a minute or two too short. They're the first to admit when they release a sub-par album, so I hope they've all invented back-patting machines for themselves, because goddamn.

City of Gainesville is still a fantastic song though, on my first few listens it's sticking out as my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

They're pretty hit or miss a lot of the time but I still enjoy them.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I've always been a fan of Mad Caddies. Keep It Going is a fantastic album, but you can't really go wrong with any of them. Just One More is definitely the weakest though, if you ask me, but it still has some great moments

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the 2012 Warped Tour

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Lurchington posted:

And, best find from my Pandora station is definitely The Barrymores - Think Straight Again

Always used to have fun seeing these guys, it was a shame when they broke up though

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dickeye posted:

so this forum I can't talk about claims to have a leak of 99SOR

here's hoping!

Hey some of you guys hit me up on AIM it's in my profile we have a thing to talk about

I just take everything like that there for a joke, was there actually something to that?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's not good, but it's not that bad either. More than a few cringe-worthy moments though.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I've never even heard of Matt Wixson before now but he sounds like a gigantic douchebag.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Holy poo poo is 99SOR actually done or something?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

They sound great and all but I just can't bring myself to care until it actually comes out

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The Flatliners are going to be at warped, they're really good too

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

2011 is an awfully generous estimate, late 2012 probably.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The cover of Just is awful though.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Not loving Around was pretty much the only good song on Fluent in Stroll

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I can get over the bike horn when the rest of the song is so good, which surprises me because I can't stand the Postal Service version

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I missed Less Than Jake with Reel Big Fish and the Flatliners by a day on my last visit to my parents, tried to get an extra day off work but they wouldn't let me :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Seriously, I mean I hate everything pre-Get Warmer, but I like that album a lot, and I absolutely love Scrambles. Screaming Can I Pay The Rent In Fun at 3 AM when my store was empty got me through a lot of late shifts

I'm not a huge fan of the pre-Get Warmer stuff but Syke! Life is Awesome! is probably BTMI's best song

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Am I the only one who didn't completely hate In With the Out Crowd? There were some pretty good songs on it :shobon:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Last Hour owned though

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I guess I probably missed this somewhere but Less Than Jake is doing an album of TV show themes? This Animaniacs one sure brings back some memories http://www.punknews.org/bands/lessthanjake

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I kind of like this song, can't say I've listened to anything else they've done

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

So uh, didn't see this posted, but Scott left Reel Big Fish? I'm interested to see what they can do without him but I'm not exactly confident

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

All I can think is that they're about 15 years too late on this one

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Vocal Coach is so good, July 26th can't come soon enough

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I remember reading it was coming out on the 26th

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Took me a while to warm up to a lot of Scrambles too, next week can't come soon enough

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Just got done listening to it, any doubts I had are gone now. I liked the other version of Everybody That You Love better but overall this is amazing

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I got it the other day, I think it's pretty drat good

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you told me a few years ago that in 2012 I'd be listening to a new Reel Big Fish song that was actually good I'd probably call you a crazy person, but here we are

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ten bucks says it gets delayed again

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Victory's been involved in a bunch of poo poo like this from what I've heard but you have to wonder what Tomas did to get it so bad for his band specifically. Unless it happens to all the other bands and they just don't talk about it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I thought some of the new RBF was pretty good :shobon:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

My friend told me he was disappointed because this song was just "more Streetlight" but gently caress who doesn't want more of this?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

For me, the first half is rad as hell but the second half kinda falls off. It's not bad at all, but there's just something about it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

MondayHotDog posted:

I haven't seen it posted here yet, and I guess some people feel like they've been missing out. Jeff Rosenstock said we can share his new songs with anyone we want in his last email, so here they are for anyone who hasn't already heard them.

http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/jeffrosenstock/

I forget who said it in this thread but man you weren't kidding, MCI is rad as heck

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I seem to like it more than most but honestly the only LTJ you can really go wrong with is In With the Out Crowd. I think it still has some pretty good songs, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I was watching that video they put out a couple months ago and was like "huh Vinnie looks different now" it never even occurred to me that he could have left the band