Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008
I'm sure a lot of people have seen this, but this short planet smashers video always puts a smile on my face and reminds me of why I got into ska in my early teens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biP8QZzBp-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I was clicking through bands on Myspace and saw that Big D put up another song. Hey surprise it's terrible too like the other ones.

I actually can't wait for this album to come out, it's going to be an incredible career-ruining disaster for everyone involved. Sooooo loving bad. I don't even understand how the band didn't break up making these songs, how did someone not stand up during production and say "You know what gently caress this". Not a one??? They all just sat through it and beared it? Do they think this will allow them to cross over somehow into the.. I dont loving know.. the cheerleader indie pop genre???? Is that a niche? Is there an audience for this?

I thought, maybe now that time has passed that they would grow on m--no. Still the worst music I've ever heard.

I just listened to it, shaking my head in disbelief the entire time. How the hell do you go from "Good Luck" to this? How did they not feel like loving idiots just trying to record this garbage? Surely this is a joke of some sort...

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Josh Wow posted:

Honestly though Not loving Around is a killer song and I could easily see it being a top 40 hit. I don't actually think it will, but it's the kind of song that could be.

Seriously? That song, as well as every other song on that album, is horrible. I can't find one single redeeming quality about any song on this album. I absolutely hate it, which sucks, because I've loved Big D forever, and think they're some of the coolest, nicest guys I've ever met. Honestly, this album is loving dog poo poo.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Sockser posted:

Ugh. Has anyone else here seen Dan Potthast solo? It's just awful.

This statement is horse poo poo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdCvND9VKy4&feature=player_embedded

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008
The new Big D is so much better that that last poo poo record they put out. I don't even know if it's a good album, I just know it's better than that last piece of poo poo. Like most of their albums though, it could lose about 20 minutes.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Dickeye posted:

Guess who's seeing the Suicide Machines a week before the ASOB reunion?

There's a rumor they'll be playing destruction by definition too

Goddamn I envy you. I missed my only chance to see the suicide machines years ago at a warped tour, because I got there an hour late and for some reason they were the very first band to play.Since about '98, between destruction by definition and hello rockview, I don't think there's a ska-punk album I've listened to more. Sing along with skankin' pickle is probably up there too.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

I really wanna hear that suicide machines cover from that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

dragoat posted:

on the topic of Choking Victim-like bands, would anyone be able to suggest a few others? I quite like the fast, punk sound mixed with that good ol' ska strum pattern.

Try Against All Authority. The first album is sloppy as gently caress, but fun. The next two "All Fall Down" and "24 Hour Roadside Resistance" are solid gold as far as I'm concerned. The last album was loving dumb as poo poo, though. Maybe 3 good tracks. Amazing live band on par with suicide machines and Less than Jake in terms of crowd energy and stage presence.