Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Psalmanazar posted:

As I said above double your price means normal price for australians.

And your minimum wage is double that of the US. We've all got problems bro, just listen to some ska and chillax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Whoo Atlanta show I can actually go to!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Miscellaneous_T posted:

I'm pretty sure that's still Dan playing the trombone.

It is, and Little Johnny Christmas has been playing trumpet for years now.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

I loving love Hub City Stompers, although the last album was pretty weak. The lyrics are the best part, they're just so over the top they're fantastic. They're badass live too.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

So, speaking of BTMI!, you can buy Jeff's old house and be a part of BTMI! history.

That's only 4 miles from where I live. Jeff did not live in a good part of town.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

But vinyl sounds better, you can really hear the warmth of that internal laptop mic on the vinyl pressing of Album Minus Band. It sounds way better than the digital version.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Shabadu posted:

Aww Dag, Taj Motel Trio is playing at the same time as the Bosstones on sahday (#menino) at city hall plaza.

Luckily for you that's the Taj Mahal Trio, and not us. There's been a decent amount of confusion about that over the years.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Supervillains put out some amazing songs but after Grow Yer Own went too much in the Pepper/Brojams direction for me. They have always been really good live though and I've seen them 6+ times so I'd give it a shot and hope for a good setlist.

I was listening to the Spitvalves today whose trumpet player plays with the Supervillains now and they're amazing. Pick up Fine Print at the Bottom and Moving On if you've never heard them. Both stellar albums.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Midwestern Songs of the Americas, Situationist Comedy and Versus God are all awesome albums. I'm not crazy about Civil War and not a fan of the live album.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

The Resignators are a pretty good Australian ska/punk band.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Ska songs with rap breakdowns are the best. Case in point:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCKESYCDTWo

http://youtu.be/xhPNSidi7lU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

I lived in Athens for the past five years but I never looked up where 493 Ruth was until about 6 months ago. Holy poo poo is that not where you want to live.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If a guy likes more "relaxed" ska, what would you guys recommend? Like, as an exmaple I love the songs "Royal Oil" by the Bosstones and "Brooklyn, Dancing Won't Solve Anything".

Satori, Monkey, Deals Gone Bad, Westbound Train, Go Jimmy Go for more modern bands. For older bands check out The Specials, Madness and the English Beat.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Same here. It also caused me to go on a vinyl buying spree (since I seriously bought my first record a month ago and was just looking for an excuse to buy more) and pretty much all of the BTMI is sold out on asian man :(

If you (or anybody else) want a bunch of BTMI vinyl I'm selling all mine since I don't have a record player anymore and am lame. I've got:

- Album Minus Band (clear yellow)
-To Leave or Die in Long Island (yellow/blue/white) with lyric sheet. #106/156
-Goodbye Cool World (green with white specks)
-Get Warmer ( picture disc)
-Vacation (green/clear) with lyric sheet
-O Pioneers split (black with white streaks)
-Rick Johnson President's Day split (streaky gray) with lyric sheet

Also got some other random stuff:

-Catch 22 Keasbey Nights (white)
-Planet Smashers Self Titled (clear red)
-Planet Smashers Attack of the Planet Smashers (black)
-Mustard Plug In Black and White (streaky grey)
-Stuck Lucky/Arm The Poor split (black) misprint where the sides are labeled with the wrong band so they stamped "WE FUCT UP THIS IS NOT:" on each side.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

I'd rather sell 4+ records at once because of shipping costs. If nobody wants a bunch of them I'm just gonna throw them up as a lot on ebay.

Josh Wow fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 15, 2014

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

bowmore posted:

Wouldn't the buyer pay shipping costs so then it wouldn't really matter?

I like to include shipping costs in with the price to make things easier. Also not looking to ship outside the US.

I'd sell the whole lot for $120 shipped in the US.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Vacation and Get Warmer are two of the only ones I was able to snag, but I'd take all of other BTMI ones except the splits and Keasbey Nights

e: I'd buy the whole lot for $120 if that's easier for shipping, but I see that other people want albums that aren't that high priority for me

If you wanted just Album Minus Band, To Leave or Die in Long Island and Get Warmer it'd be $60 since first run TLODILI usually goes for $30-40 on it's own.

I can do that or just sell you the whole lot, your choice.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Shot you a PM.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Vacation is their worst album by far. gently caress slow songs and that one has the most slow songs. It takes 3ish minutes for Campaign to become a good song. Boring.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

https://dalysgonewrong.bandcamp.com/album/the-fourth-wave

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

New Interrupters album is great except for the song with Rancid singing.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

guppy posted:

They did make a Propagandhi song listenable, which is impressive.

Haven’t seen an opinion this wrong in a while. Propagandhi rips, Mad Caddies haven’t put out an album with more than 4 good songs on it since Keep It Going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Speaking of Jeff, Never Get Tired is up in full from the person who directed it on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=09nDri1y3kQ&pp=ygUoYm9tYiB0aGUgbXVzaWMgaW5kdXN0cnkgbmV2ZXIgZ2V0IHRpcmVkIA%3D%3D

My 15 seconds of fame, I'm in this playing drums around the 22 minute mark.