Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ricecop69 posted:

Hopefully there's some Authority Zero fans browsing this thread. Their entire van, trailer and all their gear was stolen in San Antonio while on tour. The van/trailer was recovered but it was emptied out of all their stuff. They've got a gofundme setup here: http://www.gofundme.com/zv9dd4

If anyone can throw them a few bucks to help out an awesome ska-punk band from Arizona, I'm sure they would appreicate it.
Didn't this also happen to Streetlight Manifesto?

Either way, always sucks. If I had some spare cash I'd throw some their way, but all I can do is send good vibes that they find their gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
I’ve been drat busy and not able to do my own little trip reports, but there were a few notable things going on in the last month or so.

6/24: You Blew It! from Florida at a house. Not really my flavor but my buddy wanted to go. I liked the openers Kittyhawk and Ratboys better. Openers were 90s alt-pop flavored, which I get down with when I’m not scoping cool punk bands. You Blew It! was more of a Florida emo-beard type band. They were working hard and people were digging it, and I was respecting their thang, but it just wasn’t my flavor.

7/12: Acoustic Punk house show. Listen to my friend Grandpa Egg, who plays very beautiful outsider folk music. Not punk, but introspective and weird. Listen to my friend JR Fisher, who writes stupendous songs about his life. JR makes me think of Bob Mould a lot. And there was an acoustic version of a band called Blood Sport: The Move, The Band, who were solid as well.

7/13: Murder City Devils with Oscillator Bug and Rabble Rabble. Rabble Rabble is a sick as gently caress psych band that you should look up if you’re into that sort of thing. Their recent LP and the recordings before that are dope, but some of the material they tried out in their slot this night fell flat. Oscillator Bug was more of a weird synthy dance band that wouldn't be a surprise sandwiched between two punk bands at a house show, but also isn't really a pop band or a dance band and won't really fit in anywhere. Murder City Devils were rock solid performers, go figure. The guitarist fell and knocked over his amps in the very first song, and the singer dude kept his shirt tucked the whole time. It rocked pretty hard.

Local release that’s on my mind: the new single from Chicago band Melkbelly.

I’ve been prepping for a move from Chicago to New York, so I’ve missed a lot of good shows. I probably won't be able to make the Radioactivity/Fake Limbs show tonight (assuming it isn't sold out), but that'll be a drat banger. I do have tickets for Screaming Females/Vacation/Al Scorch next week, so I'm highly stoked for that.

As to this move, if anyone can clue me in on actual house shows, warehouse shows, etc, in NYC, please do. I’m sure I’ll see some punks play some bars, but I’m a DIY guy at heart

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

symbolic posted:

Didn't this also happen to Streetlight Manifesto?

A couple times, I think

The new Antarctigo Vespucci owns, Direct Hit has a comp coming out in August of a bunch of their singles/early EPs rerecorded so they dont sound like poo poo, that's what I got

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Okay look. I used to be really into screamo. I went to Cry Me a River fest yearly, I saw Shikari, Louise Cyphre, La Quiete,... Then suddenly I stopped. It's not that I'm no longer interested in it, it's just that I don't know where to get my information from. Also, to be fair I probably grew out of it for the most part. What are good blogs or sites that I can quickly check to see all the new noteabke screamo poo poo?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
screamo is dead

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
I only really hear about new screamo by word of mouth. The new Raein album is good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

stay depressed posted:

screamo is dead

I think this and cry myself to sleep every night.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Double posting because why the gently caress not. Listening to Transistor Transistor - Ruined Lives for the first time in a really long time. So good. RIP Transistor Transistor.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Loved those last two albums by them, Erase All Name in particular is great for the sad songs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone in the jersey area going to back to school jam?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Envy is playing a show in NYC in November. Opening for Deafheaven. I am excited.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
excited to take a nap during it?

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Excited to pile on Tetsuya Fukagawa for some sick gang vox.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also Raein and Ampere are releasing a split.

In other news I will be starting high school again any day now.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
good bands right there

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
These guys are pretty good.

http://whitereaperusa.com/music

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I didn't think that Dicks hate the Police could ever sound better, this is great.

https://soundcloud.com/cindy-marabito/hate-the-police-brian-winterman

Also there is a Dicks documentary it's called The Dicks from Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OATmucg9WGI

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
New Jungbluth: http://jungbluth.bandcamp.com

It's a lot more influenced by punk/early hardcore than their last album.

Pauly Shore
May 3, 2009

Life's about greasing the 'do back, buddy, and wheezin' on the buff-fest
Anybody going to Wrecking Ball in Atlanta this weekend?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Anyone been at the Impericon Never Say Die tour? Lineup is pretty sick, thinking of going to the Berlin show in November

lineup:

The Amity Affliction
Defeater
Being as an Ocean
Cruel Hand
Fit for a King
Burning Down Alaska

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Skilleddk posted:

Anyone been at the Impericon Never Say Die tour? Lineup is pretty sick, thinking of going to the Berlin show in November

lineup:

The Amity Affliction
Defeater
Being as an Ocean
Cruel Hand
Fit for a King
Burning Down Alaska

No but Defeater and Cruel Hand should be pretty fun.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
fuckin eh Radkey is coming to Van in Sept, can't wait

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Skilleddk posted:

lineup:

The Amity Affliction
Defeater
Being as an Ocean
Cruel Hand
Fit for a King
Burning Down Alaska

Not as stoked on the lineup this year, but The Amity Affliction are awesome live, as should Defeater be.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dillinger Four just announced a few shows!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TubeStank posted:

Dillinger Four just announced a few shows!

i wish they would just get together and do a full tour and maybe a new album

or else release the other b-sides/singles comp so i can get a version of An American Banned that doesn't sound like farts

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Anyone seen Drive Like Jehu lately? They're playing a riot fest after show but tickers are like 37 bucks after fees and that's a bit much for a bunch of dudes with one good album they recorded two decades ago.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

yeah i saw them in june and they were solid. also both their albums are good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TubeStank posted:

Anyone seen Drive Like Jehu lately? They're playing a riot fest after show but tickers are like 37 bucks after fees and that's a bit much for a bunch of dudes with one good album they recorded two decades ago.

You don't like Yank Crime?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

You don't like Yank Crime?

Yank Crime rips. The other one just kinda meh imo

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hot take

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NeilPerry posted:

Okay look. I used to be really into screamo. I went to Cry Me a River fest yearly, I saw Shikari, Louise Cyphre, La Quiete,... Then suddenly I stopped. It's not that I'm no longer interested in it, it's just that I don't know where to get my information from. Also, to be fair I probably grew out of it for the most part. What are good blogs or sites that I can quickly check to see all the new noteabke screamo poo poo?

Might be a little late but http://hombrerecords.bandcamp.com/track/papercuts

This record label has some good new stuff

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
I saw The World is a Beautiful Place last night. They played well but it was kind of boring. The majority of the crowd were there for them but didn't do a thing to show it. I stuck around to give Pianos Become the Teeth a try but couldn't get into them. All of the openers were good though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

New Propagandhi song got released today called "I am a rifle."

It's okay. Bit more straightforward punk than their recent releases.

Edit: ah it's a cover of a Rebel Spell song to honor the singer of Rebel Spell who died recently.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 18, 2015

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Can anyone reccomend more bands like Bane and Great American Ghost?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What are your best punk records so far this year, fellows? I got:

Hop Along: Painted Shut (bit of a stretch calling it punk but whatever)
War on Women: s/t
Jeff Rosenstock: We Cool?
Screaming Females: Rose Mountain
Desparecidos: Payola
High Dive: New Teeth

There are like 5 or 6 more albums that I've loved this year that are not even on the fringes of punk rock but either way I've liked this year a lot for new releases

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
GonnA check out a couple of those I haven't heard cause we have similar taste

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What are your best punk records so far this year, fellows?

Pears

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What are your best punk records so far this year, fellows? I got:

Hop Along: Painted Shut (bit of a stretch calling it punk but whatever)
War on Women: s/t
Jeff Rosenstock: We Cool?
Screaming Females: Rose Mountain
Desparecidos: Payola
High Dive: New Teeth

There are like 5 or 6 more albums that I've loved this year that are not even on the fringes of punk rock but either way I've liked this year a lot for new releases

I would second those Hop Along and Jeff Rosenstock albums and add:

The World is a Beautiful Place - Harmlessness
The Armed - Untitled
Muck - Your Joyous Future

And some that might be debatably punk:
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love
Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable Tragedy
METZ - II

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
high dive is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Armed - Untitled

This is almost definitely gonna be my album of the year, it's so goddamned good.

I am really liking the new HEALTH album too, but that's probably really fringe for this thread.