Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like it about as much as every other Touché album. They're dependably solid.

The Misfits reunion sounded kind of bad last night. Not really a band meant to play to a sea of 50,000 people honestly. Glenn sounded terrible too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Misfits reunion sounded kind of bad last night. Not really a band meant to play to a sea of 50,000 people honestly. Glenn sounded terrible too.

I thought it was fine for what it was. Didn't help that they had a ton of technical difficulties and Glenn's mic kept loving up (he seemed really pissed). That stage setup with the pumpkins and all was badass though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

angrygodofjebus posted:

I thought it was fine for what it was. Didn't help that they had a ton of technical difficulties and Glenn's mic kept loving up (he seemed really pissed). That stage setup with the pumpkins and all was badass though.

I couldn't see anything. The lone screen was just showing the same things that were projected behind them, which was loving stupid.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Skilleddk posted:

Yeah, first four tracks are massive, then the album takes a small dip. Still really good though

I really do not care for the monotone vocals on Benediction, Water Damage and Skyscraper (actually I really don't like anything about Skyscraper) but yeah, it's still overall a really solid album. There's just no track that grabbed me like "Home Away From Here" or "DNA" did.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 19, 2016

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

I couldn't see anything. The lone screen was just showing the same things that were projected behind them, which was loving stupid.

Yeah that was really dumb.

The giant pumpkins had LED lights for eyeballs.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

I like it about as much as every other Touché album. They're dependably solid.

Yeah, it was a little ironic hearing him talk about how strong and "in great shape" they are when he was out of breath the entire show. He sounded a little better once he switched mics but his vocals still got lost at times. That said, I had a blast singing along with one of the wilder crowds I've ever been a part of. Only show that competes was Rage at Lollapaloza in 08, but that crowd was crazy in a bad way. I didn't personally see too much stupid or mean spirited behavior during the Misfits set.

It was a fun one off thing. they keep it going and start touring festivals or something I think it will cross the line into being a little sad and pathetic. Hopefully they leave it at this.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

What's your AOTY so far thread? I'm still obsessed with Camp Cope

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Philip Rivers posted:

That's way up there for me and I really like White Lung a lot still, too. Also The Hotelier. Oh and Jank.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
white lung or pup

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

This year has been all about EPs for me, and given that you can listen 6-7 of them in an hour, I'm just gonna be the rear end in a top hat who lists a bunch of stuff. Every release by Liquids, every release by Rik & the Pigs, the newest C.C.T.V. tape, the Bleeders - S/T demo, Vitamens - S/T EP, Digi Boys - Digi Demo, The Fuzzlers - Cyber EP, The Meltaways - 7" EP, the LSDogs single, lots more. Truly stupendous times for EPs. If you aren't tripping over killer EPs, I dunno what to tell ya.

I'll throw in a couple LPs that I think are of note, but again, it's an EP year for me. Anyway, don't snooze on Lumpy & the Dumpers - Huff My Sack, GOGGS - S/T, Useless Eaters - Relaxing Death, Giorgio Murderer - Holographic Vietnam War, and Foster Care - Sterilization. I have kept last year's Uranium Club LP in such hot rotation that I have to give it an honorary mention—that probably gets played at least twice a week in my apartment.

JackBobby posted:

Yeah, it was a little ironic hearing him talk about how strong and "in great shape" they are when he was out of breath the entire show. He sounded a little better once he switched mics but his vocals still got lost at times.
I saw the Danzig set when I did Riot two years ago and I seem to remember some breathlessness and troubles then. Bummer. But fun stuff all the same.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Philip Rivers posted:

Hotelier or Pup, for me. Probably Yeah I'm gonna go with Pup.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 21, 2016

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Pup or Pears. Maybe Falcon but I'm biased there.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Philip Rivers posted:

Pity Sex - White Hot Moon & Creative Adult - Fear of Life

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Skilleddk posted:

Yeah, first four tracks are massive, then the album takes a small dip. Still really good though

Gather works so much better as an outro track than scyscraper. I agree that the first few songs are really loving good though.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 23, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Philip Rivers posted:

Arms Aloft- What a Time to be Barely Alive or PEARS- Green Star. Pup, White Lung and The Falcon get honourable mentions as does The Brokedowns/Direct Hit split which was incredible.

The Range
Sep 20, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Behold the face of SATAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eWdbMBYlH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZxipry6kE

slaughtered for a 5.99 dell in my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Prison Record: The Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the whore

Babylon the seven heads of babylon the whore

Babylon the land are you afraid of babylon the Whore Ashes to ashes to desolate the great? burning Autumn 2015 on Soaked In Torment Records.lyrics Lyrics: Babylon the great? burning the crimson rivers of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless rapes and murders
your children slaughtered for their fathers of discontent and you have no escape see the flames of discontent and you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you afraid of babylon the Whore
Babylon the Whore

Babylon The Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the whore see the whore see the seven heads of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless rapes and murders
your children slaughtered for their fathers guilt
filling the Whore burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to dust witness a woman rising from the great? burning the crimson rivers of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless a woman rising from my flesh I'm coming the Whore 7" coming from my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Prison rivers of devout stripped naked you afraid of babylon the whore burning the shame of Mother Whore burn - watch it burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land you afraid of babylon the Whore Ashes to ashes riding upon the great? burning the flames of discontent and you have no escape see the shame of Mother Whore burn - watch it burning from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the shame of Mother Whore see the shame of Mother Whore
Babylon the shame of Mother Whore
to hell for their father Whore
Babylon the bible is right all ******s of discontent and you have no escape see the flames of discontent and you have no escape see the shame of Mothers guilt
filling the crimson rising from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you eat from the Whore Ashes riding from my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the great?

all shall see the great? burn - watch it burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming from the ashes dust to desolate the ashes right all ******s
your children slaughtered for countless rapes and are you afraid of babylon the great?

4. When asking a question that is specific to your situation (i.e. "help!"), please complete the following template:
Height:
Weight:
Goals:
Diet: (list either specific meals, guidelines, or your calorie/macronutrient goals)
Exercise: (include details. Your program, how much you're lifting, how far you're running/cycling, or whatever else is applicable)
Add details. The more information, the better.
Question:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Makes you think

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Pity Sex - White Hot Moon & Creative Adult - Fear of Life

as much as i love pity sex's shoegazey stuff, i still wish they had done another album or two similar to their ep

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bonewitch posted:

as much as i love pity sex's shoegazey stuff, i still wish they had done another album or two similar to their ep

the EP's okay, I much prefer the later stuff. bummed that Britty is apparently leaving the band, glad I got to see them when they opened for Ceremony.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the EP's okay, I much prefer the later stuff. bummed that Britty is apparently leaving the band, glad I got to see them when they opened for Ceremony.

i mean its your fairly typical lofi emo stuff, but i still really enjoy it. sad to hear about her leaving though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you haven't already watched it, Los Punks is absolutely worth a watch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
NoMeansNo are officially calling it quits :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NoMeansNo are officially calling it quits :(

Yeah. A drat shame. Apparently they're writing music for Compressorhead, that robot rock band, though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Now G.L.O.S.S. is breaking up too

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Has everyone else been listening to Shape Shift With Me on repeat for a week too

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I can say with certainty, no.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Lol

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I still haven't listened to it but I did have TDB on repeat for a while when that dropped :o:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

American football is out there and it owns. Bye

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dowsing recently sent their drummer home, and from what they're saying, he's done with the band. Why? Welll..

quote:

Hey everybody. This is a message from Erik, Mike P and Mikey. We composed this post together with Julia and Dave of Ratboys - we're all here in Europe together, trying to figure everything out. We want to offer up a word of warning straightaway that this post contains mentions of sexual abuse, rape and suicide. Going to put some space between these words and the main body of the message now.
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
Last night after our show in Galway, we were presented with rumors that Will Lange, our drummer, raped someone in years past. We reached out immediately to the person who brought this matter to our attention (a close friend of the victim). She responded quickly - she confirmed the rumors as true and provided details of the abusive encounter. This news shocked and sickened us beyond anything we have experienced before.

Up until last night, we had known that Will has a history of being promiscuous, but we had no reason to believe that any of his experiences were anything but consensual. We did not feel it was unsafe bringing Will into show spaces. We did not see him as a threat to our friends and fans. We trusted him and brought him with us as a part of our team, all over the world.

All of that has changed very quickly. As soon as we learned the details of Will's abusive behavior, we bought him a plane ticket home to Chicago. He is flying from Dublin in the morning. He is leaving our current tour, and we will no longer bring him into show spaces, including our gig tonight in Dublin.

Will is no longer a member of Dowsing. We find his behavior completely unacceptable and we refuse to endorse him or to work with him any longer.

Dowsing is a big part of our lives and will continue to be. Over the past two and a half years, the band has been the most involved and active it's ever been. We take the band's second life with much gratitude. Having said that, Will does not define our music or this band, and we are going to do everything in our power to make sure that the memory of Will does not define our band going forward. We want people to feel safe at our shows and to have fun and to share an experience with us free from any anxiety or discomfort. We hope that we've taken the steps necessary to ensure that this can happen.

As for the future, we are going to press on and finish the remaining 2.5 weeks of this European tour. We will then return to the USA and play the run we booked down to Fest. We'll be borrowing a member from Ratboys for the rest of the shows on these tours.

Beyond everything, we want to extend our support to any and all victims of sexual, psychological and physical abuse. Every human being on this earth deserves to be treated with respect and kindness and empathy, and we seek to live that truth every day. The victim we referenced earlier in this post has asked us to withhold the details of their experience - we have done our best to ensure their wellbeing, and at this point they just want to move on.

One last thing: we would like to humbly ask that you consider everyone's humanity in this situation, including Will's. We do not ask that you excuse his actions - we do not ask that you forgive him. He deserves to suffer the consequences of his actions and to be forced to fully reckon with what he has done. With that being said, we are all human beings. Will has made attempts to commit suicide throughout his life. He suffers from severe manic depression and bipolar disorder. He does not deserve to lose his life over this. His mental illness is not an excuse for what he has done - it is a part of the story. We have taken steps to ensure that he is entering a treatment facility as soon as he touches down in Chicago. We want to make sure that he has a chance to reckon with his mistakes in a restorative way, so that he can work on himself one day at a time and eventually contribute positivity to the world.

We know that it's possible that some might dismiss this final point as apologist or victim-blaming, but we consider it differently: no human being deserves to lose their life over a poor decision. Over a disgusting, hosed up choice. We absolutely decry what Will has done, and we also insist that, as a human being, he has a basic right to live through the suffering he has caused. The victim's liaison we've spoken with fully agrees with us on this point. We ask you to reflect on this complexity with us.

We hope that you know that we have done our best to make things right. We want to act with sensitivity and to honor the victim, our fans and the DIY music community as a whole. If you have any concerns regarding our handling of this situation, please email us at dowsingband@gmail.com Otherwise, we're excited to journey on and explore some new territory together during these final 4 weeks of tour. We hope to see you and to enjoy the music together with you.

all the best,
-Erik, Mike P and Mikey

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I love the EP (we're talking Dark World right?), I discovered it late 2015 and I think it's my most listened to album on last.FM ever. Pity Sex and Football Etc were my big obsessions this year.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Didn't Dowsing suspiciously kick people out of the band a few years ago? Or am I thinking of someone else.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
can we call this ``pulling a drunkdriver``

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyaTSIWO5q4

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
New Nofx is good, its definitely the most mature record and although Mike wasn't sober through the recording you can definitely see he'd realised how hosed up he was in the writing of it and that he needed to get clean.

Edit:I'm So Sorry Tony is a great tribute to Tony Sly as well.

StoneOfShame fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Another Beach Slang shakeup as the guitarist quit after a sexual assault accusation

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Another Beach Slang shakeup as the guitarist quit after a sexual assault accusation

He actually handled this type of accusation better than anyone I've ever seen in that situation too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

He actually handled this type of accusation better than anyone I've ever seen in that situation too.

Agreed. So far everyone involved has.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You could make a pretty good sex offender super group now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Link? I assume he just owned the situation and turned himself in or something.