Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Just got back home today from one of the best live shows ever. No Omega + Birds in Row + Touche Amore in a school classroom without any regards to how loud it is, with the crowd constantly stagediving (which was ENCOURAGED). Not a fan of Birds in Row but No Omega and Touche Amore absolutely killed it. The singer from Touche could not stop loving smiling when people crawled up onto the stage and jumped off into the crowd. I did it a few times too :v: The whole loving crowd (of about 200 people) was screaming along to all the tracks and oh god it was so amazing

If you're in Stockholm area check out Stockholm Straight Edge, they organized the concert and it's really something different. It's the 2nd show they've arranged that I've been to (first was Deafheaven) and it's just unlike anything else. There's safe zones and the stagediving zone, all the patrons are super helpful if you fall down. Just be ready for being super soaked with sweat and some bruises day after.

You're also almost guaranteed to get pics / signing with the bands if that's your thing. And they serve cookies and coffee :angel:

edit: since it's straight edge you're absolutely not allowed to smell of any alcohol or be on any drugs. They'll refuse you entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I just got around to getting the 'new' Defeater. I'm not sure what made me pass when it first came out because I liked Bastards but I remember consciously deciding to to skip it, but I got it the other day and it's probably my second favorite release by them after Lost Ground. It also blows my mind that according to my iTunes Defeater has been around for 6 years. rip i am getting old i bought maybe i'll catch fire when i was loving nine.

Also I missed seeing the Cro Mags last week to see my friend's band and they stopped playing because the singer's girlfriend wanted 200 dollars or something to shoot for them with her iPhone.

I just started listening to Defeater and god drat where have they been all my life. I've heard of them but never got around to actually listening to their albums until a few days ago

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Saw Defeater two days ago in Warsaw, it was the wildest loving show I've been to. Super small, cramped club, tons of people and yet it was no issue getting to the very front. After Brothers they started their heavy stuff and people started climbing on stage and stagediving out. Screamed my lungs out :v: and got a few minor injuries from my own stagediving. Wish my friend took a picture of me after the show, drenched in sweat with a bloody nose. This is what concerts are about.

also got to talk to the guys and they are cool as hell

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Anyone been at the Impericon Never Say Die tour? Lineup is pretty sick, thinking of going to the Berlin show in November

lineup:

The Amity Affliction
Defeater
Being as an Ocean
Cruel Hand
Fit for a King
Burning Down Alaska

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Bape Culture posted:

I like the new defeater. Thanks.

yeah

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
It doesn't have those hard hitters like Blessed Burden or Bastards, but I really really love it. Favorites are Borrowed & Blue and Atonement, so I guess I'm a sucker for their lighter stuff.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
So hyped for the new Touche Amore. There was always something missing in their music for me, but they've fixed that on the latest two tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dVDKYsmu0

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Oathbreaker has a new song and it's easily my favorite from them. Dem black metal riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1ynwjFFaM

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
New Touche Amore album is out, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Yeah, first four tracks are massive, then the album takes a small dip. Still really good though