Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Speaking of Defeater, can anyone reccomend some more stuff like them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hobbit posted:

Has anyone in this thread seen The World is a Beautiful Place and I'm No Longer Afraid to Die? They're playing near me soon and I like them but they seem like an act that could fall flat in a live show.

They're playing in my city too and while I haven't seen them live, their live audiotree performance is really killer. Enough to get me to buy tickets at least.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NeilPerry posted:

Okay look. I used to be really into screamo. I went to Cry Me a River fest yearly, I saw Shikari, Louise Cyphre, La Quiete,... Then suddenly I stopped. It's not that I'm no longer interested in it, it's just that I don't know where to get my information from. Also, to be fair I probably grew out of it for the most part. What are good blogs or sites that I can quickly check to see all the new noteabke screamo poo poo?

Might be a little late but http://hombrerecords.bandcamp.com/track/papercuts

This record label has some good new stuff

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Can anyone reccomend more bands like Bane and Great American Ghost?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are you guys really arguing about whether or not the record is "punk" because the guy signed to a record label?

i'm not familiar with the punk community/scene but I listened to We Cool and from a musical standpoint it was punk

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Can anyone reccomend me some good hardcore whose lyrics are mainly about environmentalism/pro-environment and/or animal rights? Love Earth Crisis but definitely more stuff on the hardcore side and less on the metal side, tho im open to anything really.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about Birds In Row - We Already Lost The World. Birds In Row are kind of goofy because they're dudes with pretty heavy French accents who sing in English that isn't always coherent (case in point the spoken-word "15-38"), but they put so much feeling into it that I don't really care. The songs are all pretty much the longest of any of their releases and sometimes that doesn't work out so great but overall it's still good angry yelling stuff.

These guys are fantastic, their Audiotree live performance is great. Thanks!

Anyone know any more good French hardcore?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cioOGOvWSco

I saw this Fender ad on YouTube earlier and the guitar work interested me, so I figured I'd look up what band this guy is in. It's Tiny Moving Parts. I hadn't listened to them before, so I checked out their new album Swell. All the songs were pretty samey and not much stood out about it and I guess I was hoping for something more memorable from what I heard on that Fender ad :(

Is any of their previous stuff more interesting/varied or is this always what they sound like?

Their sound stays generally the same, but check out their debut album, it's a little less poppy and really really good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

camoseven posted:

TMP would be a much, much better band if they just removed all the vocals. The lyrics are consistently cringy as gently caress.

I agree tbh. It's a shame bc Dylan is an insanely talented guitarist I just wish everytime he opened his mouth he shut it instead

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Nausea and HHIG were always better than Amebix anyway

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hope this is the right place but anymore bands doing that weird "scene-violence" or whatever you wanna call it? I really dig SeeYouSpaceCowboy and Wristmeetrazor

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Queer Salutations posted:

Terrifying Girls High School's new record is in the same vein as SeeYouSpaceCowboy and it's really loving good. And I think they call it Sass-core if you wanna search for more.

Digging this, def hits the spot. Thank you!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I saw them two weeks ago as part of the Lil’ Wayne tour, and Travis had a segment where they strap him in and his drum set gets rotated in a gyroscopic ball and he just absolutely destroys it. He’s being twisted all to hell, not missing a beat, and this is like... halfway through their set so he’s been kicking rear end already. I think it had to have been at least 5 minutes, maybe as much as 10.

not that Barker isn't one of the most talented drummers alive i'm with y'all there but Tommy Lee's been doing that since what? 89?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

id pay to see Blink 182 only if it's just Tom monologuing about UFOs while Travis drums in the background for an hour

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MCR announced a reunion show in LA

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rumor is AltPress leaked theres a full tour

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anybody see Leftover Crack live recently? How are they?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ugh thats lame i kinda wanna go but not sure if its worth it just to hear 500 Channels live

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im glad i ended up not going then bc I was going to go to the Boston show last night haha

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Isnt Stza in a relationship with or married to someone in Days n Daze?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

folk punk is awful its all the awful parts of crack rock with none of the fun sounds

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Firewalker is really good local hardcore

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

every governor is fascist when your a crust punk

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no its the black flag bars

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i think the most ungoogleable band name would be any band called Rubber. If you searched for Rubber band you'd just get rubber bands, and if you searched Rubber band music then you'd probably just get music made with rubber bands.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Y’all want to have a show with 3,000 people during a global pandemic? What if NO ONE wore a mask and practiced NO social distancing?! What if we stacked the show with a bunch of washed up bands — would you kill grandma(and maybe someone around you) for that??

gently caress you Joe Hardcore, and gently caress whoever booked that dumb show.

At some point the world needs to open up again. I have tickets to shows, I'm fully vaccinated, I'll wear a mask and its outdoors but yeah at this point grandma you had your time.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im 23 and already quit moshing after 2 concussions and a broken toe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Boston to Ireland + a six hour wait in line to be front row for the Cure.

Worth every penny.