Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hello friends, I need some help. I'm looking to expand my horizons and I was wondering what hardcore bands you would recommend that are still creating music/touring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

VinylCollective.com's messageboards are somewhat intelligent - I've been to far worse on the internet.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has anyone heard of or listened to Defiance, Ohio?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance,_Ohio_(band)

I haven't heard any of their stuff yet but alot of people on other forums I visit have been clamoring about their latest release on vinyl.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

punxnbutter posted:

When I saw this was happening a while ago I was kinda shocked they'd have the balls to do this. I picked this up for my wife since she gets into NFG in the car and she hates the GB cover so I know it's good.

The Int'l Superhero hardcore poo poo is kinda funny too; I had picked this off the web and the Fashion Show song is funny as hell. edit: The whole thing is dumb as poo poo, but it's funny since it's all stereotyped.

Dillinger posted:

I really can never tell in these threads. That kind of music is usually unwelcome in here and REALLY unwelcome in the metal thread, and it's own thread dies out super fast every time.

To keep with the theme of "almost hardcore related":

Gorilla Biscuits alternate cover is rad. Has "Good dudes" etched on side A, "Backed Hard" on side B. Didn't bother getting the other colors of ISHC, and I'm only missing the friends/family/staff version of the 7" because I'm well, none of the 3.

I came in here to talk about ISHC. It's great to here Chad sing (was a fan of him in Shai Halud) again and I love all the cool references (a song about Back to the Future AND Indiana Jones? Heck Yes!) It's a really fun album and I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: Hey Dillinger, you should post pictures of your vinyl collection some time. It must be huge.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 1, 2008

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Shai Hulud's new album has leaked. What does everyone think?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hydrac7 posted:

I don't know what you're talking about bro, my last.fm charts are being topped by Heaven in Her Arms and Louise Cyphre.

Arn't you the guy who re-made their Last.fm account 3-4 times? What are you trying to hide?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hey guys, I'm always looking to check out new hardcore bands so I was wondering what's popular right now.

I really like Envy, Converge, Shai Hulud, Glassjaw, Hot Cross, International Superheroes of Hardcore and I really like United Nations.

It would be nice if the OP could provide a "10 influential/popular hardcore bands", "10 influential/popular emo bands" lists but that's probably too much work.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 27, 2008

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Parachute Underwear posted:

For emo, I'm a total fag for Funeral Diner, Who Calls so Loud, Daitro, Amanda Woodward, Circle Takes the Square, etc. If you like any of those, I can name a few more later.

I love Circle Takes the Square. Saw them with Thursday about a year ago.

Also, I'm really enjoying both sides of the Thursday/Envy split.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What's the 1 song?

I really liked their EP.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm looking to get into some more pop punk/hardcore music - does anyone have any recommendations?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I enjoy...

-NFG
-ISHC (how can you not like them!?)
-H20
-SYG (I actually like their newer album even... I know everyone seems to hate it here)

I've heard a lot of good things about Dillinger Four, I'll definitely give them a listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A reminder of what Cedric was up to 2 years ago, more recently than the last Mars Volta record:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkd_CWhV_sE

Yikes. I stopped paying attention to Mars Volta after Bedlam in Goliath was released - I still enjoy revisiting early TMV albums, but that is terrible.

Having said that, I'm definitely getting tickets to the reunion tour. They shaped my musical tastes when I was in middle school in 2000, and I can't help but want to see them live, even if it's a trainwreck and their new music sucks.