Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kevar posted:

They're also releasing a B-Sides album. I'm just pissed they're touring Japan (even if its only for a few days) and not playing the east coast. I got so excited when I saw the news, only to die a little inside when I realized theres no way I'm going to make it to any of the shows.

Wait, where in Japan is there to play that's not on East Coast? Or do you mean the US East Coast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh gently caress, All The Footprints vinyl re-issue? On that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Where can I buy that Envy stuff from TRL?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ddonahue99 posted:

Inspector_71, posting about Envy? I'll be damned!

I know, it's madness!

Thanks for the link. I guess they weren't up when I checked last time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

theEZkill posted:

I'm starting to love these electronica hardcore bands.

myspace.com/skymeetsairplane
myspace.com/entershikari
myspace.com/ambushreality <-- check out "mothership"

anyone know of any other bands similar to these?

http://www.myspace.com/cuttingpinkwithknives

Holy poo poo CPWK have a real video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-52EP7XAzs

God they rock so hard and make me so loving happy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

Girls, Girls, Girls, I Am the Goddamn Devil and ...and the Body Will Die are the best Transistor Transistor songs

I put on their disco on the way to school today and remembered how loving stoked I am for their next record.

Tranny are awesome. I've seen them 2 or 3 times now and they just loving rock. I'm still so loving pissed that I missed their Halloween show with CTTS at Tufts. I'm sure that was a loving riot, and I'd like to think there was a bitchin' afterparty (I should probably ask somebody since I know pretty much everybody involved in booking that show.)

Also, new TT LP by summer probably, they're recording in January.

One reason I'm stoked to go back to school is getting to see Sinaloa and Ampere and DST and Tranny every other week. :rock:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 11, 2007

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've had 3 records staring at me, gloating because my turntable is buried somewhere in a utility room in my family's new house. It's two Ten Grand splits and a Sons Of Abraham 12", so I want to listen to them all so bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ep!c posted:

I was a little hesitant about Circle Takes the Square since I always thought they were a Hawthorne Heights type band

You should be shot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok, Heaven In He Arms released an LP and it's pretty awesome. THey're pretty much Envy Jr. So of course I'm going to fall over myself for it.

Also, because I don't feel like tracking down the Metal/Grindcore thread, listen to Genghis Tron's new track here: http://www.paperthinwalls.com/singlefile/item?id=1247

It's epic and ominous as gently caress. I can't wait for the new album. Also sup Hamilton.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Miss Machine or Irony Is A Dead Scene are probably the best starting points for DEP, and they play at least 1 song from Irony... and several from Miss Machine.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

you are hard to please oh sky god. WEEKEND NACHOS isnt hardcore enough for you?

It's funny, the reason there's no hardcore discussion is because we covered it in 2 pages, and since all hardcore has to sound the same (or else it's not hardcore!) there's really no point in even bringing it up again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChaosNonMusica posted:

A few mentions of Weekend Nachos among many pages of emo/screamo discussion does not a hardcore thread make. It's not my fault that I'm trying to get people pumped about things like the new Gauze CD and they would rather discuss emo bands that won't be relevant in 6 months.

Holy High Horse Batman!

I listened to that new Gauze album and it sounds like pretty much every other hardcore band I've ever heard, only the lyrics are in Japanese.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Ok, well now I'm just genuinely curious, what other hardcore bands have you heard? Cause I can only think of one or two bands that sound similar to Gauze (NK6 [who are roadies for Gauze], and maybe one other if I dig the depths of my brain).
I guess Guaze are faster than bands like Snapcase, but that's the only differentiation I hear. And even then, all of the songs I've heard by Gauze sound identical.

I just feel like Hardcore is so recycled by bands and the genre as a whole, because anything that attempts to push the boundaries of the genre is cast out or immediately condemned (see Snapcase's last album.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 6, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Arson Equity posted:

Cool then you never actually listened to it, or cared about learning about them. If you don't like it why would you pretend to make a realistic opinion on it? Gauze sounds nothing like Snapcase at any speed, they certainly aren't anything like Snapcase, and I don't understand where the Snapcase comparison came from.

When The Geeks came someone asked if they were "another japanese hardcore band," possibly in reference to a Warhead/Forward tour that played the same venue a long time ago.

Who cares if you don't know some band, on the other hand, how ignorant do you have to be to say "oh, they look japanese to my feeble mind, therefore they must sound like Warhead or Forward! (sidenote, two bands that sound nothing alike)"

The Geeks are a straight edge south korean hardcore band that most people claim is blatant YoT worship. They opened by playing the Chicago Bulls starting lineup song. It was probably one of the top three shows at that venue I had ever seen for the record.

Did you even read my revised post or just start foaming at the mouth when I said I didn't like Gauze? I listened to their new album because of how much hype folks like you were giving it and I didn't hear anything compelling or groundbreaking about it, so I turned it off and deleted it.

I didn't compare Gauze to Snapcase in any way at all. I said that I think "hardcore" all sounds similar because any band that tries to experiment gets deemed "not hardcore" which is exactly what happened to Snapcase.

I just have never heard any hardcore bands that really grabbed me, it's my opinion. The reason none of them have grabbed me is that all of the bands I usually hear bandied about don't sound very different from each other to me. I remember Ramallah being hailed in one of these threads as some kind of revelation for the genre, when all it was was the same sound with a synth in the background.

Plus, it seems like all hardcore fans are fuckstick zealots as you just proved, which makes it impossible to have any discussions about the music.

And I'd also like to remind you that this whole thing started because ChaosNonMusica came off as a holy-than-thou douchebag, yet he was pretty civil in his response to my post.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 7, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wow, I could have sworn I edited out the Snapcase bit in the first post. Aren't I just the :saddowns:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ozean posted:

Welp, I don't know if you guys know, but Envy posted a new track from they're upcoming EP:
http://www.temporaryresidence.com/mp3s/envy_allthatslefthasgone.mp3

Sounds pretty loving awesome to me.

Well, I've got a boner.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

so apparently La Quiete is touring the US in the summer

Oh my god gently caress yes. I missed them the first time and my friend said that she had it from pretty reliable sources that it would be the only time.

So glad she was wrong.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I've seen Minor Threat and Embrace vinyls at my local record shop, so I assume there are CD versions available too. Just visit small-time indie/punk/hardcore record stores, you'll probably find something. You could also ask an employee there to order you copies.

Embrace on CD

Minor Threat - Discography

Don't discount Amazon for finding this sort of stuff, they've got a surprisingly large collection.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'd rather buy from a brick-and-mortar record shop than ordering from Amazon, though. I guess I like to be responsible for my own gently caress-ups.

I don't understand what this means.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

If it breaks, it's my fault, not whoever is in charge of shipping. I guess it doesn't matter with CDs, but for vinyl, I always use online ordering as a last resort. Mostly since our local record shop usually will order for me anyway if I ask them to. :)

Oh, alright. I thought that's what you may have meant, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't some misguided stand against Amazon for some reason.

Much like Chaos though, I've ordered tons of vinyl both from distros and eBay and none of them have been damaged in shipping.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

It just irritates me that there are distros who still don't take the vinyl out of the sleeve when shipping it, especially when the record isn't shrink wrapped already.

I've never received a record that was shipped outside of the sleeve, that seems rather counter-intuitive.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

acup posted:

Hiretsukan are great. They need to release a new album already.

Hiretsukan really is an amazing band. I remember when I found out that the vocals were done by a chick. Very :aaa: moment.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Thursday don't have 2 vocalists, or a black guy. That was my first thought up until the 2 vocalists tidbit though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

I could have sworn they had a black guy who did some of the backing vocals.

None that I know of. Their guitarist does some of the backup screaming, but nobody in the band is black.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

You really should get YK - We Bury Our Dead Alive LP if you don't already have it. Its by faaaaar the best one.

Their Self-Titled 7" is amazing too. I think Syncopated Synthetic Laments for Love is probably my favorite YK album though.

They apparently played a basement show at Tufts a while ago, before I went here :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, by "a while ago" I meant 3+ years

rivals posted:

Raein | Doden Marscherar At Vast | 2004 | Release The Bats | Black/violet | 525

Goddamn what an awesome EP.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 1, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The new Genghis Tron album leaked and it's awesome and epic as gently caress. I know they probably don't fit in with this thread perfectly, but I dunno where else to talk about them.

Also, I think I hear Greg Puciato doing guest vocals on The Feast.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 5, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Holy gently caress I can't wait till my lunch break. I've been stoked for this since they put out the Triple Black Diamond EP last summer.

I know it's only February, but I'm putting Board Up The House up for Album Of The Year. It's loving amazing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Did they recently acquire a bassist or did someone from the band play bass in the album? It really adds a new layer of sound that I felt was sometimes missing from Dead Mountain Mouth.

They didn't have one when they opened for DEP (and they played Board Up The House), so I assume no, no bassist.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

glueandnails posted:

I am pumped that this is finally out. Any New Hampshire or Maine peeps want to come out, we are playing a free show for the legit release of this at Dos Amigos burritos in Dover on February 29th.

You guys should update your website :(

Also, when are you gonna be back through Boston? I missed the Halloween show because I was in Iceland.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey Bahston:

Pissed Jeans
Waste Management
New Lows
The Rival Mob

Saturday, April 12th
Doors @ 5:30
Oxfam Cafe @ Tufts University

FREE

Be there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dillinger posted:

In case anyone from here was debating going to see Converge, Red Chord, Baroness, and Genghis Tron tonight in Worcester, MA, the word I'm getting is that the show didn't sell well downstairs and has been moved upstairs. To the small 500-600 capacity club. I can't wait.

Fffffffffffffuck. I didn't realize that was tonight, I can't make it :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

THE LUMMOX posted:

Also my mind exploded when I read this:

Ill definitely cheggit.

:psypop:

That's loving bizarre. And guess who is totally buying one of the deluxe editions :haw:

That has to be an April Fools joke, there's nothing about it on the TRL site. I wish it was real.

I'm planning on visiting Japan this summer, and originally would be there in time for at least 1 Envy show, but it looks like I'll be going in July rather than May.

Also, doe anybody have the La Quiete US dates?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 2, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

And I don't think they are released yet but I'm not positive.

Alright, that's what I thought, but some people in this thread seemed to be talking like they had.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Capitan Dad posted:

Phoenix Bodies Myspace.

Hot poo poo. No East Coast dates :smithicide:

I'll never forgive myself for missing La Quiete's first stateside jaunt.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
poo poo, I need to hear the new Sinaloa jamz.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So, uh, holy poo poo. Looks like this Envy/Thursday thing is real.

:psypop:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've been going through my music collection trying to find stuff to suit my mood and I put on La Quiete. I don't know why I ever stopped listening to these guys, their stuff is all flawless, especially the Louise Cyphre split.

Also, this is the true face of screamo:

God I'm so pissed they're not playing the East Coast this summer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

skull pressure posted:

These need to come to the east coast! Especially Ampere.

Dude, Ampere are from MA and play shows in the northeast constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've always thought about having a radio show, but I don't think I really have the time.