Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

mrmanatee posted:

After having Screeching Weasel's self-titled album for a while and still loving it, what album should I get next?

Television City Dream is my favorite Screeching Weasel album. Check that one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I was listening to Horror Show this morning on my ride into work. I wish that band would reunite :(

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Can't wait to get home and jam to the new Celeste. Pessimiste(S) was some really good poo poo.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Seriously, gently caress 2007.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Allegiance are breaking up.

loving horrible news.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

p0isonxfree posted:

acup where'd you hear about Allegiance? I saw nothing official on their myspace, web site, B9 board, or on rivalry's site. The only thing I saw were rumors of it in comments on their myspace, but I guess those have to have started somewhere.

On their myspace. There's 2 shows they have listed say "Last Chain Reaction show ever" and "Last San Diego show ever".

I assume that means they're breaking up, but I also haven't heard anything official.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I just spent about 300 dollars in the last 5 minutes on Christmas gifts. I did buy myself the Envy preorder LP pack though :).

Thanks for posting about it. I haven't been keeping up with the latest vinyl releases and definitely would have missed out on it.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

p0isonxfree posted:

loving so stoked on this.

Awesome news. This band is going to loving rule.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

p0isonxfree posted:

Yeah, depending on how this whole christmas thing goes, I might order the split. I really want it but I'm not sure if I want to shell out 20bux for it.

I might be making the mistake of waiting for some copies to come to a stateside distro. Knowing my luck, none will come or they'll sell out in like 2 seconds.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

Bane/With Honor tomorrow in Worcester. long shot, but is anyone here going and do they have an extra ticket, because it sold out and all my connections have failed me.

WH are friends and I really want to be there for them and this :(

I wish I'd be able to go to that. Work sucks.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently there's a new Funeral Diner related band.

From a bulletin posted by Funeral Diner:

Funeral Diner posted:

There is another Funeral Diner related project starting up.

name: ...who calls so loud
members: Dave and Matthew
myspace/whocallswhocallssoloud

friends so far: 8
friends we hope for: more

tours: we are booking currently.

US - April 17th - May 24th
iceland/Europe - may 29th - July 14th
Japan - July 21st - August 11th
US - August 21st - October 6th
Iceland/Europe - October 13th - November 23rd
Japan - December 1 - December 20th

thank you for your time.

Hopefully it's good.

Edit:

Looks like I missed out on the Daitro/Sed Non Satiata split. If any of you dudes bought multiples, I'll buy one off of you.

acup fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 13, 2008

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

I ended up getting a free ticket from a nice lady, friend of a friend. Show was incredible, seeing With Honor play again really is something special.

Glad to hear it was good. The last time I saw With Honor was after the original singer quit. They were good, but it wasn't the same. Do you know if they're just doing a reunion tour, or are they going back to being a band?

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

Wolf Whistle
Bracewar
And Shark Attack if you can find their stuff online. I'm too lazy to look.

I can't seem to get into Wolf Whistle. I really dig Bracewar though.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Hiretsukan are great. They need to release a new album already.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I went to Armageddon records in Providence today (Buy records from them, they rule), and scored a Funeral Diner / Dead City test press for 10 bux.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Capitan Dad posted:

Has anyone gotten their Envy pack yet? Anyone know if they've even shipped.

I'm still waiting here. TRL take freaking forever to ship records. I should have known that when I ordered it....

acup
Sep 11, 2001

rivals posted:

So sick, got the Saetia LP from that guy too. Can't loving wait for that package.

"THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE"

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

New band from Merrimack Valley, northern MA
http://www.myspace.com/watchfirema
Basically almost everyone from Harder the Fight doing another hard as nails band and I can see it going to some real good places.

That's pretty good. I'm looking forward to hearing more from them.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Finally got my Envy preorder in today from Temporary Residence. Also got both colors of Haram's Drescher in from Lovitt today.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone happen to have a copy either the Das Oath/Ampere split LP or the Funeral Diner/Ampere split on green that they're willing to sell? I'll pay good monies.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

ddonahue99 posted:

Elder sounds great. For some reason I thought Balboa were from France (like the time I thought Cease Upon the Capitol were from Germany - whoops!) so when you said members of Towers/Balboa I didn't know what the gently caress.

Oh, I think I was confused because they did a split with Aussitot Mort.

My friend's band played with Balboa a couple of times when they were in New England. They're good guys.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I think MLIW were in decline and their last album was garbage. I'm glad they're breaking up.

The Lillingtons also broke up (again). Now that's something that's really disappointing.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

zeldadude posted:

Worcester is a loving pain in the rear end to get to.

Worcester has always been very easy to get to for me, but a huge pain in the rear end to get out of. I always get lost for at least an hour trying to leave Worcester.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

I'll be going this year. I'm requesting the time off from work next week :)

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Dillinger posted:

Funny story I heard today was some edge kid with his hands X'd up promised that he would take a shot of Jager when EC played the first chords of Firestorm. He did. Apparently he got jumped outside. Absolutely ridiculous on all fronts, I can't help but laugh.

What a moron. I bet next he'll take a stroll through a ghetto in a clan robe.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

MattWPBS posted:

Personally, I think the first part of that's loving funny, and a bunch of non-conformists beating someone up for doing something different even more funny.

It's one thing to break edge, but it's totally different to break edge at a show surrounded by straight edge people while one of the most notoriously hardline straight edge band plays. The kid was an idiot.

It's stupid as well that people would sink to violence when someone mocks their lifestyle. I don't agree that he should have had his rear end kicked, but if he thought he was being funny and everyone was going to chuckle along with him, he obviously had another thing coming.

I DRANK MY MILK hit the nail on the head.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

A5H posted:

http://www.myspace.com/onhc

ON.

Ex-Champion.

Seem pretty decent if a little boring. Vital times is my favourite song from the 4.
Hope this hasn't been posted and I just missed it.

Score! Thanks for posting that.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

No specific dates yet. Here's the link:
http://shanedanger.blogspot.com/2008/03/portraits-of-past-reunion.html

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Charleston Jew posted:

More pop punk goodness recommendations: The Broadways, and Latterman.

Latterman are great. Totally feel-good music.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

That Weekend Nachos record looks sick. Wish I could get my hands on a copy.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector_71 posted:

Hot poo poo. No East Coast dates :smithicide:

I'll never forgive myself for missing La Quiete's first stateside jaunt.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

The song that Verse posted from their new album is loving great.

http://www.myspace.com/verse

acup
Sep 11, 2001

If you like SDRE and Mineral listen to Elliott. You'd probably like them too.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

On has their 7 inch up for pre-order. I'm pretty excited about this band. Should be killer.

http://www.myspace.com/onhc

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Big Blue Violence posted:

rivals did you really spend the money to get the Who Calls So Loud LP from Europe? It hit US distros today, coulda saved like 14 bucks.

Do you have a link? I'm looking for this and don't want to pay in Euros.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

The new Verse album is available for preorder at both Bridge 9 (CD) and Rivalry Records (LP).

If you preorder either copy, you can download the album right after you order.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

zeldadude posted:

Yeah the Acacia Strain is on another day at the same place, though. All these lovely bands got me confused :v: I'm probably going since it'll probably be a good time anyways.

lol, ceremony is playing at this place, :wtc:

I believe Terror played there last summer too. Weird.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

When I find stuff on VLV, it's usually pretty cheap. From my experience, some people on DF want ebay prices for lots of records. But I still like DF better because their boards are split up, so I don't have to search through tons of stupid news and parody threads to find the people who're selling stuff.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Orchid are overrated, imo. Play some Funeral Diner and June Paik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Hydrac7 posted:

Funeral Diner is boring. Listen to some Orchid instead. (June Paik are pretty alright though)

No offense Albert, but I can't take your opinion seriously because you listen to techno.