Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

kirkjames posted:

blah blah Arizona

To add to this, I just want to namedrop Get Destroyed (super fast thrash), Think Fast (people who wish they were Infest), and Speak (kids who want to relive ebullition in the 90's).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I saw Andrew Jackson Jihad with Ghost Mice on Monday and it was really awesome. I'm really a big fan of Andrew Jackson Jihad because it's like the vocals of the Mountain Goats with the music of Defiance, Ohio.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

acup posted:

Allegiance are breaking up.

loving horrible news.

God drat it.

RunTo TheHills posted:

Sup dudes, list me some good Folk Punk bands.
I already listen to TBIAPB, Defiance Ohio, Young Pioneers, Ghost Mice, maybe a few others i can't remember right now.

Definitely check out A Fistful of Dynamite, O! Pioneers!!!, Bread and Roses, and the Riot Folk collective.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

THE LUMMOX posted:

Its not even the best song though! The A side of the record is way better. New Day Scenario on the Daitro split 10" is their best song.

I'd argue that their stuff from the split with Funeral Diner is even better, but that's probably swayed because the Funeral Diner song is great as well.

Also, the Envy winter pack is going to be a Christmas present to myself. I'm all over that.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I just heard the newest Iron Lung and it's really loving good.

Arson Equity posted:

Saw ringworm tonight, tight as gently caress, seriously surprising. The headliner was suicide file with blacklisted, the killer, other generic bands and the convicted. The only good part was ringworm's set and talking with their roadie who is charlie from lethal aggression.

What did you think of Blacklisted? I've seen them twice and halfway through each set the singer does this weird rear end singing that totally sucks.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Yeah, I never actually go to see them, they just end up on shows I want to see.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Who Calls So Loud (ex-Funeral Diner) posted a new song

I really like it, it's definitely just a continuation of Door's Open.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
From VLV, on the topic of dudefest:

derek black posted:

okay, massive news (for me anyway)

KUNGFU RICK has confirmed.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Playing straight edge, as opposed to being straight edge, gets you fans that wear Nikes and New Era.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Foreshadowing lyric there. Anyone able to point me in the direction of some MP3s of this lot? Makes me feel like checking them out.

Things like this make me glad that the UK doesn't have this sort of problem with crews and stuff.

They have 4 songs up on their myspace.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I'll second that Restrained is loving awesome.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
As far as I know he's trying to be a lot more positive with WDU, so all the songs about doing drugs and hating cops aren't his bag. He says this about the Johnny Hobo material on the WDU myspace: "old songs about being sixteen, addicted to speed, and miserable all the time. these songs don’t get played any more because they are not the truth any more."

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Grigori Rasputin posted:

From Ashes Rise tour this summer, stoked. 3 Severed Heads of States shows in the Bay Area come May/June, stoked. Tragedy in June too... PDX/Tennessee heaven.

Details?!

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
If you are remotely into emo/screamo/whatever, go see Who Calls So Loud if they are coming anywhere near you. I just saw them yesterday and it was great.

edit: they're also selling Funeral Diner merch for way cheap. $3 LP's what up.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
rivals did you really spend the money to get the Who Calls So Loud LP from Europe? It hit US distros today, coulda saved like 14 bucks.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

acup posted:

Do you have a link? I'm looking for this and don't want to pay in Euros.

This guy posted a bulletin earlier today saying he has it for $20 ppd.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Oh that makes sense then. I think I added it way back when the Euro press of Daitro/Sed Non sold out in like an hour, and I never know who it was, haha.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Is it like the one song they posted on their myspace a few weeks back? Because if it is, I'd have to disagree. The new singer sounded terrible.

Coneslammer posted:

Any fans of fast melodic, technical stuff check out Sunsgrind, particularly the first song Luck of the Draw.

http://www.myspace.com/sunsgrind

This band should not have grind in their name. :(

BRAIN HANDLE fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 9, 2008

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Oh I wasn't complaining about variety, the new singer just sounded like a generic metalcore dude to go with some generic metalcore. The song on myspace seemed to lack something that made Shai Hulud fun to listen to.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Los Crudos reunion was amazing.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Sticky posted:

Also where is the love for Trapped Under Ice in this thread?

I love how goofy they look. Does that count?

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

rivals posted:

tattoos

I got a Bomb The Music Industry! tattoo, and I think I'm going to get a Defiance, Ohio tattoo. Mostly because I'm an idiot.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

A Boring Story posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's your BTMI tattoo? I love BTMI and I've been considering getting one myself.

Sorry for the lovely cellphone picture!

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

kirkjames posted:

Coke Bust is tonight in Phoenix with Think Fast!, some of the best local hardcore we have. I'll use this opportunity to show them off!

http://www.myspace.com/thinkfast

That show's in July, dude.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
You should also check out Punch. Female-fronted vegan hardcore on 625. Great stuff.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I'm seeing Weekend Nachos tomorrow night, but I'm jealous that you got to see Marrow.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

COCKISPOISON posted:

Yeah!!! Marrow is my boys from Tacoma! Check out the Helm (on tour now) or Greyskull 2000 (touring next month) or Owen Hart (touring in December.) They share members.

Tacoma is an awesome town!

Greyskull 2000 as in did a split with Graf Orlock Greyskull?

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Fest was great. If we're just namedropping secret shows, my favorite was the hotel room show Sunday night with Andrew Jackson Jihad, Porches, Bridge and Tunnel, and Bomb the Music Industry acoustic sets. The Ampere house show was great, and I was really happy to finally see Wingnut Dishwasher's Union at some gross punk house. As far as the actual fest shows, Cheeky and Comadre really killed it, and the Ergs went out on a good note. It's a shame that the Venue is so big, but I guess that's what happens when you get thousands of people that like the same music together.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Paper Triangle posted:

Did they end up playing that "secret show" I heard rumors about by the pool at the Holiday Inn where registration one? I didn't even go out on Sunday because I was so thrashed from Saturday.

Also didn't end up going to ANY house show, though I heard Andrew Jackson Jihad on Friday night got shut down by cops on horseback due to riots or some poo poo. People were apparently car-surfing and all manner of things.

My Saturday was pretty rad though. The Measure[sa], Armalite, Lemuria, Slingshot Dakota, Pink Razors...almost all girl-fronted bands.

As far as I know the Ergs secret show didn't happen. Mikey Erg was at the hotel room show so I know I didn't miss it. There wasn't an AJJ house show on Friday, they didn't get in to Gainesville until Saturday. And the house show that night wasn't shut down I'm pretty sure. It was really obnoxious however (crowdwise). Saturday ruled so hard though, between the Kickstand and the Atlantic, I got to see a lot of my favorite hardcore and folk punk bands.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Dickeye posted:

I heard the Ergs were putting out one last EP, That's It...Bye, at Fest or at their last show at the very latest. Confirm/deny

It's a 3 song 12". It was available at Fest and probably online soon.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
Let's just name every hardcore band ever and say they are the angriest!

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Your Weird Uncle posted:

most people say infest but i say early hellnation ok!!!

No way dude it's totally (generic Bridge9 band)! Or maybe it's (band that isn't really too angry in the grand scheme of things but I listen to them ALRIGHT?).

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

luckdragon posted:

Here's (in my opinion) the best local hardcore band from my area, Our Time Down Here
They just released the video for their song 'Revelations', it's pretty good. Check them out!

The song titled "Down in Flames" isn't a Down in Flames cover. Way disappointed.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
La Dispute is pure trash.

More importantly, Low Threat Profile (!!!!) is playing shows in July. (!!!!)

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I'm really regretting not taking a road trip to see Envy in 2006(or 05?) because this tour package looks very, very boring.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I saw I Hate Myself this weekend. Screamo is dead as hell.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Carl FTWinslow posted:

I Hate Myself isn't a serious screamo band.

I know, I'm just saying an I Hate Myself reunion is totally jumping the shark. The crowd was a bunch of 20 year olds that creeped out the singer after the show.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Bands confirmed so far for Chaos in Tejas:

BONE SICKNESS (oly wa)
CRAZY SPIRIT (nyc)
D-CLONE (japan)
DOOM (uk)
INNUMERABLE FORMS (ma/tx)
ISTERISMO (japan)
MIASMAL (sweden)
PERDITION (ny)

Gonna be a good 'un (especially if some of the rumors I've heard are true).

Oh man please start spreading rumors, I'm super curious. I'm probably going this year. The fact that it's not the same weekend as MDF means there's no conflict with bands now, too!

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
I started a record label for weird Phoenix poo poo that no one will like, and I just had my first release. It's hardcore but there's something about it that you I can't describe, and you can download it for free here: http://anxietymachinerecords.bandcamp.com/

The band is called Gay Kiss and maybe some of you will like it.

In other news, Fest 10 being announced, what, 4 months after Fest 9 has really lessened the amount of hype that I have for it. I'll go regardless of the fact that it's the same bands and I don't even care about the headliners too much, just because it's the best weekend of the year even if you miss 80% of the shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

ChaosNonMusica posted:

A friend and I are bringing See You In Hell from the Czech Republic over to Texas and the east coast this summer with our bands. Definitely come check it out if you're around any of these shows:

Lotus Fucker is one of the best bands I've seen recently. Bummed this tour is starting in Texas and not going west.