Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

Okay, here's the deal - I have a website, Balloon-A-Day, that I've been twisting balloons for. Alas, I've slipped behind, mostly because I just can't come up with something to make. I'm used to working by request, after all. And thus, I turn to you!

I've got a fairly long list of things that I can do, which is in text form here: http://balloonaday.com/balloonlist.txt - choose something from there, or come up with something new.

However, I like a good challenge. Feel free to request anything you'd like to see. But I need to ask one thing in return: Keep it clean, please. Don't ask for dicks, or anything like that. I'll just ignore you. I like being able to show it off to family.

Here's a couple of challenges I've done:

Megaman:

Angler Fish:

Yoda:

Edit: Here's the current list of requests - I'll go through them in no particular order.
* Pikachu Done. With added Mudkip and action
* Unicorn Vs. Cyber-Dolphin
* Ostrich see Chocobo.
* Cthulu Done
* Mario Done.
* Goomba
* Ouroboros
* Hypercube
* DNA
* Grim Reaper Done.
* Hot Air Balloon
* Metroid Done.
* Poison Frog Done.
* Elvis
* Gargoyle
* Crow T. Robot
* Done.
* Headcrab Hat
* Facehugger Done.
* Shyguy
* Battle Axe
* Chocobo Done. Also, this one is basically an ostrich, just yellow rather than brown.
* Big Daddy
* Mosquito
* Yawnycat from my avatar.

TwystNeko fucked around with this message at Nov 26, 2007 around 05:05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23reasons
Mar 23, 2006

Sha Clack Clack

I would like for you to twist me a penis.

dr gumby
Sep 27, 2007

by angerbotSD

How about Goatse?

Edit: Actually you could probably give a new lease of life to an old meme if you do this. I guarantee it would be posted on ebaum within the hour!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

I'd love to see you make a T-Rex or a Velociraptor!

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Those are really good, you should try an Alien (the kind from Aliens, Aliens VS Predator, etc).

EDIT: I can's top looking at Megamans junk.

Ms. Manchair
May 27, 2003
In my plan... we are beltless!

I was going to ask for a Giraffe, buuuut it's already on your list so I would like to see a Panda please!

Claude Almighty
Jul 1, 2007
oh my.

Can you construct a man who is making a balloon animal?

NewAgeMilhouse
Apr 6, 2003

[[[intensity]]]

Please make Pikachu! :3

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Tentacle surprise sex monster?

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

(sigh) How did I know that would be the first couple of posts.

Anyways.. Devyl, I've made a T-Rex here: http://balloonaday.com/2007/09/21/dinosaur/

And my Alien is here:

I need to redo him and put him on the site, actually.

Kjeks
Feb 20, 2005

The Something Awful grenade

Georges
Sep 12, 2007

NewAgeMilhouse posted:

Please make Pikachu! :3

Seconding Pikachu. But then pop all the balloons and take a picture of that, too.

Twanki
Oct 7, 2005
Meedlee meedlee meedlee

Bonus points if you actually make a Dr. Rockso to hold it.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

TwystNeko posted:

(sigh) How did I know that would be the first couple of posts.

Anyways.. Devyl, I've made a T-Rex here: http://balloonaday.com/2007/09/21/dinosaur/

And my Alien is here:

I need to redo him and put him on the site, actually.

That's pretty badass. You should make one of those yellow robotic things Sigourney rode and have them fight!

Dark Gray Fox
Sep 27, 2005

Divine Ninja

Could you make some Nintendo characters like Yoshi or Kirby?

Edit: Saw the Prince on your site after I made the original request.

Dark Gray Fox fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2007 around 13:38

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat

Make a Unicorn fighting a cyber-dolphin. Bonus points for a balloon rainbow in the background

wombat74 fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2007 around 13:06

Stan Baniszewski
Jul 3, 2007

I'd like to see a balloon Pamela Anderson.

I Feast On Dogshit
Nov 25, 2006

Stan Baniszewski posted:

I'd like to see a balloon Pamela Anderson.

I would like to see Pamela Anderson's balloons.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

hah, 3 requests already made - 2 on the site already - Dark Gray Fox, here's the Prince: http://balloonaday.com/2007/10/22/the-prince/

Ms. Manchair:
I'm currently working on the Panda - I've not actually made one before, telling little kids that a teddy bear is the same thing. Which, to them, it is.

So, here's the first draft:

I'm going to shoot for one a day, especially in the case of some of the more complex ones, like the butterfly guitar.

pang
May 17, 2005

If we think of independent and discontinuous specific time as unified in the self, it becomes the concept of continuity in time. Nitrazepam fields forever.

An ostrich.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

I'd love to see Cthulhu, Ren & Stimpy, or Mario (or Bowser!)

This is a damned cool hobby you have, btw. Neat stuff.

Gutter Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbotSD

An intestinal tract?

Okay, fer reals this time: the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel tower.

(The pirate hat and the TMNT are my favourites in your gallery.)

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

Turbine trip
Reactor trip

I have a confession: I came to this thread thinking - "oh, this is gonna be lame." In actuality this is fairly cool.

BruceLee
Nov 10, 2007
There are no limits, there are only plateaus.

Nice artwork! Please do an old-school style goomba, Thanks.

Croc Monster
Sep 15, 2007

It's on the menu

pang posted:

An ostrich.

This. It has great balloon potential.

dr gumby
Sep 27, 2007

by angerbotSD

How about the Chinese character for love?

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

Captain Morose posted:

I'd love to see Cthulhu...

I'm seconding this for...obvious reasons. Might make me a good avatar

Moonie
Apr 25, 2006

The conjoined fetus lady

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

Holy Christ that angler fish is awesome.

I request Ouroboros. While technically simpler, it's the execution that matters most.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

I'm really liking this. All I can make are poodles, snakes, and sperm.

I'd like to see: The prince of the cosmos + katamari, DNA, and judging by my handle, a ferret (this will be hard is suspect to not make look like a wiener dog.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

I'm really liking this. All I can make are poodles, snakes, and sperm.

I'd like to see: The prince of the cosmos + katamari, DNA, and judging by my handle, a ferret (this will be hard is suspect to not make look like a wiener dog.

The only detail I can imagine separating a ferret balloon from a wiener dog balloon is that faint "I used to smell like a festering colon wound" odor. Incidentally, that is the only problem I ever have with ferrets. I got a face full of a natural ferret's anger one time, and I can never forgive that genus (Mustela, very clever).

Late retroedit: Before I even read this thread I was posting in the "wiener dog chews off boy's wiener" thread. EERIE!

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2007 around 14:46

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Clamwacker posted:

Holy Christ that angler fish is awesome.

I request Ouroboros. While technically simpler, it's the execution that matters most.

Oh boy, how do you make the mouth of the serpent devour its own tail?

Also, this would be awesome, especially if it can do what the GIF can do: 4th dimensional cube.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

Oh boy, how do you make the mouth of the serpent devour its own tail?

Also, this would be awesome, especially if it can do what the GIF can do: 4th dimensional cube.

That's what I was hoping to see. If it's anywhere near as awesome as that angler fish, then I'm not even sure what the next level of awesome is.

That hypercube is crazy though. I think you're trying to kill the OP.

Edit: Once you have inevitably figured out how to mix Ouroboros and the Hypercube ( ), please twist up a version of my brain exploding.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2007 around 14:37

A Nice Boy
Feb 13, 2007

First in, last out.

One, two, or all three of these folks would be rad:

fanaglethebagle
Sep 5, 2007

by angerbot

Make a balloon animal making guy making another balloon animal making guy.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

The hypercube would be easy - it's all just straight lines.

The Grim Reaper is really stylized, I might give him a shot.

I can do Mario's face, surprisingly. But I've never done a goomba. On my list-to-do.

If you check out the list I linked in the first post, there's a bunch of stuff on there that people have mentioned - Eiffel Tower, for example. Also, look at my site - I may have already done something you've requested.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

Well if you don't like Ouroboros (use the angler fish head!), then my new request is Spuds MacKenzie.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

Clamwacker posted:

Well if you don't like Ouroboros (use the angler fish head!), then my new request is Spuds MacKenzie.

Oh, I have an idea on how to make him. It'll just be a big project. There's two ways to do his body, that I can think of. Sorry! Didn't mean to skip yours.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

TwystNeko posted:

Oh, I have an idea on how to make him. It'll just be a big project. There's two ways to do his body, that I can think of. Sorry! Didn't mean to skip yours.

Surely you mean Ouroboros, then. Spuds was a bitch!

E: I'm super excited either way, if you pick one of those... but if you pick Ouroboros, I humbly request that he accompanies a Hypercube.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2007 around 15:11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

TwystNeko posted:

The hypercube would be easy - it's all just straight lines.

The Grim Reaper is really stylized, I might give him a shot.

I can do Mario's face, surprisingly. But I've never done a goomba. On my list-to-do.

If you check out the list I linked in the first post, there's a bunch of stuff on there that people have mentioned - Eiffel Tower, for example. Also, look at my site - I may have already done something you've requested.

Sure making the hypercube would be easy, but making it functional wouldn't be. Click on the GIF to see what I mean.

«11 »