Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
I'm well aware of what a hypercube is. :D I'd like to see ANYONE make a functional one. :V

But if I do the Ouroboros, I guess I'll wrap him around the hypercube for you. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

MustelaFuro posted:

Sure making the hypercube would be easy, but making it functional wouldn't be. Click on the GIF to see what I mean.

Earlier in the "share things that blow your mind" thread, I saw a video about geometrically turning a sphere "inside-out", that follows along this same idea. They explain that you can't do the same thing with a 2D circle without creating a "kink" in a corner, but you can completely invert a sphere without ever creating a point in which the surface becomes a corner (rather than a curve).

The same would follow for Ouroboros, in a fashion, which is why I think he should appear with a hypercube -- gently caress Euclid!

Edit: TwystNeko -- think of the Hypercube as part of the art. Who would ever put those two objects together?

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 11, 2007

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
Make a computer, mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer and speakers. Out of balloons. Than give them to my grandmother.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
A hot air balloon (with gondola etc)

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Ooh, try Samus Aran, please :D

edit: Or a metroid, or both.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Twanki posted:

Bonus points if you actually make a Dr. Rockso to hold it.

If he makes it and shows how to do it, I might just try to make one too.

Then get it shoved down my throat.

Ms. Manchair
May 27, 2003
In my plan... we are beltless!

TwystNeko posted:

Ms. Manchair:
I'm currently working on the Panda - I've not actually made one before, telling little kids that a teddy bear is the same thing. :3: Which, to them, it is.

So, here's the first draft:

YAY Panda! :D He is awesome!

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

O.K., make a guy ON FIRE!!!

jholland
Feb 25, 2006

Heidey-ho neighbors!
How about either something like the weighted companion cube from Portal or a facehugger from Alien vs Predator humping the hell out of one of your fake heads :|

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
I'd like to see you try to make a salami.

Don Of The Dead
Apr 8, 2007

I'm feelin' clean, I was only thirteen With the heavy starch, on my Bugle Boy Jeans
Any type of car :)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone besides me go absolutely insane at the sound of twisting balloons?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Make Knuckles or Manny Calavera!

Hobbitosis
Jan 18, 2006

Becoming a hobbit isn't all bad. Look on the bright side you can eat all you want, have hairy feet and be lazy.
a Large poison frog would be cool to see.

dejadee
Jan 9, 2007
it's a pun, geddit? haha!
make Robert Frost!

Killy
Mar 15, 2007

Faster, pussycat, kill, kill!

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
id like to see a balloon elvis sometime before I die

Warg
Oct 2, 2004
Make a balloon version of the Laocoön, or an elephant, or a jellyfish.

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!
Crow T. Robot

dlnorton
Apr 1, 2005

Constantly Drunk - Constantly Depraved
OOO! Ooo!! Make a tasty plate of asparagus!! Either that or a cool looking gargoyle!! :pervert:

Fort Chowder II
Nov 11, 2003

now that's a big bottle of gay applesauce
I just wanted to say that I checked out your site and looked at all of your balloons and they are very neat! :3:

I would like to see a balloon mad scientist!

brokenmolar
Aug 4, 2007
How about a headcrab hat?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Homer Simpson.

Daydream
Jan 1, 2006

JUMP you son of a bitch!
Think you could do a shyguy? :sg:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Snail Wins! posted:

This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone besides me go absolutely insane at the sound of twisting balloons?

Yes, yes I do. The sound makes me want to throw myself under a gas powered combine.

Greef
May 6, 2007
* * hiccup * *

Snail Wins! posted:

Yes - well, not absolutely insane, but just thinking about the OP twisting balloons is almost giving me some sort of tic on the right side of my body.

Tics notwithstanding, I vote for a balloon dachshund eating a balloon infant's tiny balloon genitals.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
Can you make a battle ax with maybe a few red balloons thrown in to make it look like it's been used? :black101:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

brokenmolar posted:

I would pay good money for one of these. Balloon or otherwise

ChaosMuffins
Nov 10, 2007

Beautiful Balloons!! You don't know how many childhood fantasies these bring back...:buddy:

...Is there any way you could make a Chocobo?!

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

MageMage posted:

I would pay good money for one of these. Balloon or otherwise

You could buy one of these http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_HL2HeadCrabHat.html, and you know they're good quality because valve makes them.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

brokenmolar posted:

You beat me to it.

Headcrab, though if you can make anything else from HL2, you'd be my hero.

Edit:

Jzmisgoo posted:

You could buy one of these http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_HL2HeadCrabHat.html, and you know they're good quality because valve makes them.
yeah I need to buy me one of those.

kittytooth
Feb 17, 2007

by Lowtax
Something TFR related would be somewhat interesting. How about a SPAS 12?

Or, a monkey!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Or a monkey with a SPAS 12

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
These look about 1 thousand times better than I expected them too. Good work man, if you think it's a good idea I would like to see Optimus Prime or some other transformer.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
I prefer something far more simple: a description of how you got into this field and how you have honed your skills (or even how you conceptualize) these amazing works.

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."
How about a Phoenix Wright balloon :shobon:

wezyap
Jul 29, 2005

A sexually satisfied ninja is less likely to try to kill you.
here is some requests:

* A viking ship
* playstation 1 controller
* Nes 8-bit controller
* Donald Duck
* The Jolly roger
* a bottle of rum

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
I'd say cartman would be a challenge. There is no way that yo will manage to achieve his lardy rear end shape with balloons.

straw golem
Aug 4, 2007

At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will.

ZhaoRi posted:

How about a Phoenix Wright balloon :shobon:

Seconding this,

also a car, any make is fine, just a sedan body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious Merit
Apr 25, 2007

I was going to ask for a scorpion, but I see you've mastered that already.

How about a suit of armor? I know people make balloon hats and balloon swords, but imagine the birthday boy with a chestpiece and helmet; it'd be pretty neat.

How about a Christmas tree or wreath?