Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calvin Schoolidge
May 9, 2006
I'm friends with a bunch of people who want to get together weekly and learn a new instrument, so this thread is perfect. Thanks for introducing me to something I would have never once considered.

(I ordered a $59 Kala uke, by the way.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Schoolidge
May 9, 2006

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Huh, do you bring one instrument and pass it around the circle? Are most of the folks in your group pretty experienced multi-instrumentalists?

We might end up having a pass-around of an Appalachian dulcimer in the NMD:ML subforum early next year, you might want to check that out if we do.

Nah, we're all learning our own instruments. Nothing too fancy, just a few keyboards, guitars, an organ found at Goodwill, and a mandolin. No one in the group is a savant, but we all manage well enough.

I might have to check out the dulcimer, just for the heck of it.

Calvin Schoolidge
May 9, 2006
I got my Kala 2 days ago, got it tuned up, and it sounds great! I have limited guitar experience, so now I'm just trying to commit some chords to memory.

Then I'll probably do something stupid, like try to make Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" into a happy song.

• Locked thread