Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fartzilla posted:

I have this vague memory of a huge campaign to find the original :frogout: plushie. It resulted in a lot of new frog art and I think someone even made a 3D reconstruction of the original photo and presented it like a short clip from a video.

I think some goons actually looked into plushie manufacturers and somehow dug up the original pattern for the frog, but nothing ever came of it. Does anyone still have that pattern?

I have the pattern in a PDF, but I'm out of the country until Sunday. I'll look on my hard drives after I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

This is the saddest poo poo ever. Goddrat.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fartzilla posted:

I have this vague memory of a huge campaign to find the original :frogout: plushie. It resulted in a lot of new frog art and I think someone even made a 3D reconstruction of the original photo and presented it like a short clip from a video.

I think some goons actually looked into plushie manufacturers and somehow dug up the original pattern for the frog, but nothing ever came of it. Does anyone still have that pattern?
'sup! :tipshat:

I don't have the pattern, and honestly don't even recall anyone finding or making them back then, so hopefully WC would be able to find it. I might have the 3d model around somewhere still, which I suppose could be somewhat useful for recreating the pattern if it's not recovered.

I think there used to be a thread for general, non-SA lost poo poo that I can't find now. In short, I'm looking for article I read years ago about some kids who got into mostly-legal arms dealing by supplying Iraq/Afghanistan with surplus soviet weapons from eastern europe, but in the end got busted for something stupid. The problem is that I don't remember any names or other details, so searching for this just turns up recent articles. There's this one that's quite close, but not it, and it was definitely not on buzzfeed.

Edit: aah thanks, I'll repost this in the appropriate thread.

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Aug 13, 2014

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

mobby_6kl posted:

I think there used to be a thread for general, non-SA lost poo poo that I can't find now.

I don't know about the rest but here's the general internet necromancy thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005662&perpage=40&pagenumber=109

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fartzilla posted:

A few years after the meme took off somebody tried selling an original Get Out frog plushie on SA-Mart and the thread was split equally between genuine bids and people making fun of the fact that a bunch of overpaid computer janitors were spending more than most people earn in an entire paycheck on a crappy plush toy that was made in a chinese sweatshop for pennies because it's used in funny internet pictures :getin:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

I believe the goon was justinonfire.

Yes that's it! I'll be dammed if I can find that video though even with that info :(

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Is mr. water (w/ pics) archived anywhere? I've looked around but can't find it :-/

blue urban dream
Aug 8, 2011
Does anyone have a link to that E/N thread where someone's (I think Pixelante) dad was dying and she had to go deal with stuff about it? I can't find it in the archives

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

...of SCIENCE! posted:

A few years after the meme took off somebody tried selling an original Get Out frog plushie on SA-Mart and the thread was split equally between genuine bids and people making fun of the fact that a bunch of overpaid computer janitors were spending more than most people earn in an entire paycheck on a crappy plush toy that was made in a chinese sweatshop for pennies because it's used in funny internet pictures :getin:

I'm seconding this.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Does anyone remember that thread where a bunch of goons railed on this weird possibly mentally-ill writer? He wrote like a braindamaged Stephen King.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Does anyone remember that thread where a bunch of goons railed on this weird possibly mentally-ill writer? He wrote like a braindamaged Stephen King.

Dean Koontz?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't have archives to conjure up the thread for you, but if I'm right you're thinking of Nickolaus Pacione.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Unfortunately, that thread was a little too "touch the poop" because after people started making fun of Nicky, he fought back with some incompetent internet detectivery (but a little bit hit the mark) and handed out death threats to some of the goons involved talking about murdering their kids and poo poo, which understandably escalated things. It went back and forth from there and got kind of depressing. tl;dr, folks got overinvested and it stopped being fun.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Meet Nicky, Internet rage embodied

You'll need archives, though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Unmature posted:

Dean Koontz?

Okay that was pretty funny.

Aha, that's it! Thanks.

Edit: Oh man, he's still around. :aaa: Doubled down on the whole 'rear end in a top hat hateful Christian' thing. He's even on Twitter.

MinionOfCthulhu has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Aug 18, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fartzilla posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kga8cxjmwm0s7g/frog_pattern.pdf?dl=0

fartzilla
Dec 30, 2009

how disgusting

Holy crap you rule, thank you so much

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Anyone still have the Doom House and Mood House videos? They aren't on the main site anymore.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Oh, man. Does anyone have that old thread that was something like "Why is everyone acting so immature all the time?" It was by P. Grothsmore or something, I think, and it was about this 15 year old who had read Karl Marx's book like 13 times or something.

Also, the old thread where people wrote new hosed up republican chain emails. I think it was called something like "A bear walked into a..." Most of the stories ended with "And that student was einstein!" or "Welcome to the republican party."

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
The Sir P. Grothsmore thread is right here.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Also, the old thread where people wrote new hosed up republican chain emails. I think it was called something like "A bear walked into a..." Most of the stories ended with "And that student was einstein!" or "Welcome to the republican party."

The Atheist and the Bear
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2870098&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
Anyone have a link to the thread from maybe 6-7 years back where someone convinced a bunch of goons that they could make their own pheromones to make women instantly attracted to them by pissing/jizzing onto a frying pan, boiling it and rubbing it on themselves?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

piss explosion posted:

Anyone have a link to the thread from maybe 6-7 years back where someone convinced a bunch of goons that they could make their own pheromones to make women instantly attracted to them by pissing/jizzing onto a frying pan, boiling it and rubbing it on themselves?
Secret pheromone extraction method will allow all Goons to attract women!

Archives seems to be down ATM though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to remember the thread / name of that badass story someone posted about ants. Starts with a kid taking care of an ant hill, eventually involves giant ants. That poo poo ruled and I always try to google it every so often with no result. It may have taken place over multiple threads.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was trying to find the fyad heroin thread but I'm not sure if search/archives are working again :/

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Charles Bukowski posted:

I was trying to find the fyad heroin thread but I'm not sure if search/archives are working again :/

Is that the one where the mod tried to murder the addict with LSD? Not to be confused with the one where the mod tried to murder the aspiring health nut with bacon-wrapped lard treats.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

Not to be confused with the one where the mod tried to murder the aspiring health nut with bacon-wrapped lard treats.
Requesting this, please.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Thankyou sir.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I heard an offhand mention about some goon island nature retreat that ended with a lot of trees getting chopped down. Anyone know what that is?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Does anyone still have that rewrite of Dust In The Wind about barnacle jim?

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Light Gun Man posted:

Trying to remember the thread / name of that badass story someone posted about ants. Starts with a kid taking care of an ant hill, eventually involves giant ants. That poo poo ruled and I always try to google it every so often with no result. It may have taken place over multiple threads.
I get a database unavailable error, but I'm pretty confident that this is the link:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3421736

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Tunicate posted:

I heard an offhand mention about some goon island nature retreat that ended with a lot of trees getting chopped down. Anyone know what that is?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3123495 ?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Probably that, thanks.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

torjus posted:

I get a database unavailable error, but I'm pretty confident that this is the link:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3421736

Looks like you are right, found a reading of part of it at least: https://soundcloud.com/jui-ting-hsu/ant-problem-wav

This is a really neat story and I kind of wish it had more fame, maybe a comic adaptation or something.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Light Gun Man posted:

This is a really neat story and I kind of wish it had more fame, maybe a comic adaptation or something.

It was even better when George R. R. Martin wrote it 35 years ago and called it Sandkings.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It has some shades of that (assuming the story is similar to the Outer Limits episode, anyway), but it had a lot of other interesting elements too if my hazy memories of it are at all accurate. All the stuff with his girlfriend?/rival and the pheromones and him just going to crazy lengths for his ants and so on.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I haven't thought about this in years but close to probably 10 years ago on SA some goon made a video of like a mock horror thing. It wasn't very long but I remember one of the punchline/scare gags was a shock pan to a nerdy looking guy sitting down tapping his fingers together like Mr. Burns and kind of horror-chuckling, going 'heh heh heh'.

I literally cannot remember anything else about it and don't want to fill in with hazy details that probably aren't true, but I'm hoping it'll trigger somebody's memory. Anybody? I'd just like to watch it once again for some reason.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Anyone got a link to the old thread where people added guitar solos to their mums' favourite songs?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Let's Add Kick rear end Guitar Solos to Mum's Favourite CDs
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2496276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Squallege posted:

Anyone still have the Doom House and Mood House videos? They aren't on the main site anymore.

Doom House
Mood House

As for the Doom House anime, I dunno.