Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Does anyone have a link to the old "Bullying is bad!" thread where goons made bitstrips ostensibly about bullying for a contest some anti-bullying charity was doing? I can find the front page articles that resulted from it but they don't seem to link to the thread itself and I can't find it with forums search or Google.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3443267

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That thread with photoshopped For Better or Worse comics that gave us the some thing aren't worth dying for smiley which i no longer can find and probably doesn't exist?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Nevermind, it's under fireman. Still, that was a pretty funny thread. also the garfield edit thread.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Frostwerks posted:

That thread with photoshopped For Better or Worse comics that gave us the some thing aren't worth dying for smiley which i no longer can find and probably doesn't exist?

Frostwerks posted:

Nevermind, it's under fireman. Still, that was a pretty funny thread. also the garfield edit thread.

The comic strip megathreads (and amazing comic edits) continue to this very day.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598988

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

There was a CYOA thread years ago about a super-powered zombie named Mr. Scabbs that ate other people with super-powers (referred to as double cheeseburgers?) and I can't seem to find now that I want to reread it. I'm pretty sure I had just the story saved as a PDF at one point but I can't find that either and the only search results I'm getting are from somebody asking about it way earlier in this thread. I don't think it was ever resolved, so here's to trying again. Can anybody dig up a link?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Can anyone dig up the old GBS ARGs?

One was called something like "I've been receiving weird messages on AIM" and was started by forums user Snapchat A Titty (he still has the same avatar, he was called Carthag back then i think) and ended up involving people in several countries and being a Cthulhu story.

There was another one before that but I don't remember anything about it. They both happened before I registered, probably 2005-2008. Anyone remember what I'm talking about? The second one really jumped on the popularity of the first that I remember, they happened in fairly quick succession.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

eating only apples posted:

Can anyone dig up the old GBS ARGs?

One was called something like "I've been receiving weird messages on AIM" and was started by forums user Snapchat A Titty (he still has the same avatar, he was called Carthag back then i think) and ended up involving people in several countries and being a Cthulhu story.

There was another one before that but I don't remember anything about it. They both happened before I registered, probably 2005-2008. Anyone remember what I'm talking about? The second one really jumped on the popularity of the first that I remember, they happened in fairly quick succession.

That first one was me. It was goldmined. Lemme look for a bit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2703083

but yeah as I recall the puppetmaster was in Australia. I was in Denmark, and my secondary was in America.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good job tits, that looks real fun! Images aren't loading for me though. Any chance you have backups?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I am vaguely remembering this and I'm PRETTY sure it was on SA, but I'm thinking of a thread where a guy who was born/raised in Saudi Arabia talked about daily life there through comics or drawings. Does anyone else remember this or am I delusional, and if it did exist does someone have a link?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Tendai posted:

I am vaguely remembering this and I'm PRETTY sure it was on SA, but I'm thinking of a thread where a guy who was born/raised in Saudi Arabia talked about daily life there through comics or drawings. Does anyone else remember this or am I delusional, and if it did exist does someone have a link?

I remember it too. Pretty sure that was al-saqr

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Fo3 posted:

I remember it too. Pretty sure that was al-saqr
YES, that was the name. Now to search and see if I can luck into finding live image links.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

there:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2703083

but yeah as I recall the puppetmaster was in Australia. I was in Denmark, and my secondary was in America.

Thanks! Good fun, I was lurking at the time but enjoyed reading along.

I was misremembering - the first one was the Cthulhu one, Never Phear - I had a look but I don't think it was goldmined, it was linked a few times in the Ciphertext thread but none of them worked. Can anyone dig that one up? I think Never Phear was in the title. 2007ish, maybe 2006?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Karate Bastard posted:

Good job tits, that looks real fun! Images aren't loading for me though. Any chance you have backups?

I think most of of them are in the timeline wiki in the OP still.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

I was misremembering - the first one was the Cthulhu one, Never Phear - I had a look but I don't think it was goldmined, it was linked a few times in the Ciphertext thread but none of them worked. Can anyone dig that one up? I think Never Phear was in the title. 2007ish, maybe 2006?

Found it, if anyone was interested.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to track down a piece of music:

Karate Bastard posted:

Hey, nice LP! I'm... lagging a bit behind.

K9 What's this music right here? (That's 21m57s if your phone is like mine and strips times off of youtube urls)

Seems like CannibalK9 hasn't been on here for a while, so if anyone has a handle on him (or the piece of music for that matter) I'd appreciate if you could page him / let me know; mad props, kudos etc

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:23 on Oct 17, 2015

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Add me to the list of people whose favourite Idiots on Social Media thread got repeatedly gassed. Doesn't look like it's coming back this time. RIP. :(

So, are there any other threads where I can get my fill of laughing at stupid people on the internet?
There are a couple I know of (like the imgur one) but they aren't as busy as the old thread was.

Or even just a thread filled with lots of little anecdotes. I really like the Food Industry horror stories thread, and I loved the old "Girl married to anime guys" thread, are there any hidden gems I might have missed?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Kinda IoSM: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581

Stupid people, anecdotes (and sometimes gore from people who don't know what OSHA is about): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693945

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm trying to track down a piece of music:

Seems like CannibalK9 hasn't been on here for a while, so if anyone has a handle on him (or the piece of music for that matter) I'd appreciate if you could page him / let me know; mad props, kudos etc

If that's from his Talos Principle LP (guessing because my phone will break the video I'm watching on chromecast if I look at another video) then all the songs he uses get credited at the end of the video

Or you could always Shasam it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wow, thanks like a whole bunch. Dunno how I missed that, but no, it's not listed at the end on this one, but it's written on a still of a robot hand holding an easter egg at 18:24, and it's BoxCat Games - Inspiration. It's one honker of a song, and it's free, so go have a listen whydontcha?

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
Does anyone have a link to the old thread where people were telling about personal unexplainable experiences?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread where people were telling about personal unexplainable experiences?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697616

In the first post there's a list where you should find what you are looking for.

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009
I can't remember any user names or when it took place, but does any one remember the story or thread where the guy goes to a party at a girls house and gets high then starts jacking off in the bathroom or something where everyone can see him. I think he clogs her toilet or something too. It might have been just some random internet story but what I can remember was hilarious.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Corpus Smegma posted:

I can't remember any user names or when it took place, but does any one remember the story or thread where the guy goes to a party at a girls house and gets high then starts jacking off in the bathroom or something where everyone can see him. I think he clogs her toilet or something too. It might have been just some random internet story but what I can remember was hilarious.

I remember that one. I think it was a girl he liked, and who might have liked him, and he was at her house to study, but he had to poo poo really bad, and then he got a boner while trying to poo poo, so he tried to deflect his boner-cannon piss into the bathtub while making GBS threads in the toilet, and instead ended up making GBS threads and pissing all over the floor, and possibly clogged the toilet too, causing it to overflow. Then she got suspicious when he was in there for an hour (trying to clean it), and he was forced to show her what had happened, and she got traumatized and started crying, and told him she didn't feel safe around his weird creepy gross rear end anymore, and he ruined her house, and he had to leave and never come back. Maybe it did involve jerking-it too. Basically goon.txt. I don't remember the thread though, sorry.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
The original thread was on the bodybuilding.com forums and the MSPaints are gone, but this random website has screencaps for posterity.

And now my Google search history contains "Piss bottle date story".

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zephonith posted:

The original thread was on the bodybuilding.com forums and the MSPaints are gone, but this random website has screencaps for posterity.

Thanks, it's even more glorious than I remembered. I completely forgot about the piss-bottle part.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Zephonith posted:

That website is terrible but that story always makes me laugh.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Why is bodybuilding.com, of all places, the repository for crazy poo poo stories? That's where the argument over how many days are in a fortnight started wasn't it?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
So a long while back there was a really big trend around fiesta cat, and at one point somebody commissioned a manufacturing run of fiesta cat plushies with the idea that he would sell them to goons. Except of course nobody bought them. He eventually posted a picture, or a picture leaked out, of him sitting in front of this wall of unsold plushes. Does anybody have that picture?

Instant Sunrise has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Nov 6, 2015

Corpus Smegma
May 18, 2009

Rah! posted:

Thanks, it's even more glorious than I remembered. I completely forgot about the piss-bottle part.

Thisvone is hilarious but I think i'm mixing two stories. The one Im thinking of the guy says at one point he likes 'having a wank' or something when he gets high and is at a birthday party or something. It was funny like piss bottle but I cant remember anything else that happened. Did i just mix the two stories up, its possible.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

darkwasthenight posted:

Why is bodybuilding.com, of all places, the repository for crazy poo poo stories? That's where the argument over how many days are in a fortnight started wasn't it?

It was over how many days are in a week

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Corpus Smegma posted:

Thisvone is hilarious but I think i'm mixing two stories. The one Im thinking of the guy says at one point he likes 'having a wank' or something when he gets high and is at a birthday party or something. It was funny like piss bottle but I cant remember anything else that happened. Did i just mix the two stories up, its possible.

I'm pretty sure I remember that story and I want to say it had a name like "I created a lesbian" or something like that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

titties posted:

It was over how many days are in a week

This guy just cannot comprehend how to work out "every other day" without double-counting days, turning 14 days into 15. Sadly the calendar pics are gone, I'd liked to have seen how weird they got.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

shelley posted:

I have at least the seasteading and Malatora ones, and one of the ghost story compilations. I don't remember if Independence USA got a PDF, but I saved many of the stories and can make one if you want.

The PDFs are backed up on an old laptop, so lemme know which specific ones you want and I'll put them on Dropbox

There was a PDF for Beck's Gulch thing, I remember getting some stuff into it. Do you have a link to the Independence USA thread by any chance?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Anyone got the Naked King of Shoreditch? I tried searching for it and found nothing.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Snapchat A Titty posted:

This guy just cannot comprehend how to work out "every other day" without double-counting days, turning 14 days into 15. Sadly the calendar pics are gone, I'd liked to have seen how weird they got.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

They were exactly what they sounded like. They weren't weird, they were the simplest representation of 8 day and 7 day weeks you could imagine. Just an extra box that also said "sunday" or "monday." The kind of thing where looking at the pictures the guy either himself was aware he was wrong and unwilling to admit it or straight-up looney.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Oodles posted:

Anyone got the Naked King of Shoreditch? I tried searching for it and found nothing.

There's a link for it in the SAclopedia entry: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1497

But with the database issues, it's not accessible at the moment.

Edit: here's a picture of him from an old Photoshop thread:

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 00:54 on Nov 18, 2015

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

larchesdanrew posted:

I'm trying to remember the first Dwarf Fortress LP I ever read. All I can specifically recall from it is that one of the dwarves was attacked and beset by infection over his entire body, but somehow survived and was stuck in a bed for the rest of his life. They placed him, still in his bed, in a guard tower to stand sentry. I think he was the only dwarf to survive.

This is from a few pages back but I'm guessing it was the saga of Boatmurdered.
http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/Introduction/

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I was trying to track down the old DIY Christmas gift threads, but archives seem to be down for me and I'm having trouble locating them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

BrendianaJones posted:

I was trying to track down the old DIY Christmas gift threads, but archives seem to be down for me and I'm having trouble locating them.

They're down for everyone, the archive server is being moved to cloud storage. There's a sticky thread for fund raising this in every main subforum. Plus you get a sweet random words tag!