Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

evillaws posted:

First result on google for "I am looking for a bento box", though I'm not sure it originated here or somewhere else.

It was definitely from here. It was actually a SA-mart post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

GiantShoe posted:

I know this is pretty vague, but I have seen a few pictures in various 'pictures that make you laugh' and other such threads, that appeared to be screenshots of what looked like some sort of dating game/show. There were four places in each game, with text boxes for the answers under each contestant. Some of the responses were absolutely hilarious and I can only assume the site was rife with goons. I'm really sorry that this is all I can give you. I saw them and just assumed that I'd be able to find them again... by not taking note of anything at all related to them apart from what they vaguely look like.

Ah, the good old days:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/feature-articles/sa-forum-goons.php

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Phyzzle posted:

I remember that someone used a similar sentence-parsing algorithm to create poetry, made completely of fragments of GBS posts. It spat out pages of surreal hilarity, which were recorded on someone's livejournal. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Yep, it was the same GoonHAL:
http://goonhal.livejournal.com/

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

qxx posted:

Where did all the Medifast threads go? I was digging around no luck and my archives is a no go right now.

An administrator decided it was inappropriate to have a thread promoting one specific brand, so it was renamed to "Very Low Calorie Diet Discussion Thread", which eventually died off. Most people in Watch and Weight are doing things the good old-fashioned way, which is a lot more work but does allow you to exercise and gain muscle mass at the same time, and has less of a health risk.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Klaus Kinski posted:

I've looked through the goldmine but couldn't find it. Some guy posted a thread about his stepmother and it went beyond creepy very fast. Someone found her myspace or mail and linked her to the thread - does anyone remember this?

I only have the picture:

Posted by waesa.