Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical Bird
Jan 15, 2007
Make everyone happy
I really want to adopt a cat (grew up with them) but my boyfriend has a dog who has never (to our knowledge) lived with a cat. BF has had him for a year and the shelter had found him as a stray on the street so his background is pretty much a complete mystery. He's a ~70 lb rottweiler mix, incredibly sweet and laid back, about 5-6 years old. He's probably the calmest dog I've ever met. Is there any way to predict or find out how he will react to a cat before I adopt one? We took him to my mom's house so he could meet her cats, and his first reaction was to run away (which I thought was a good sign because he wasn't trying to eat them?). But, that was on their turf, and an unfamiliar location with strange smells. On walks when he sees cats he barks at them and tries to get to them but what he would do if he got to them I couldn't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU