Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Looking into adopting a senior dog with Lyme. Raised dogs before, but never dealt with Lyme disease. From what I can read, there's going to be a long treatment with antibiotics. What do those usually run, cost-wise? Any chance of other, more serious treatments?

Just trying to make sure my finances are in order and I'm not grossly underestimating the medical costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Danith posted:

There's no generic dog questions thread is there? Anyways, just wondering how other people handle this.
The area where I bought my house seems to have a lot of people with those small 'ankle biter' dogs and owners who can't seem to tug the dogs back when they lunge.
My roommate takes his 60lb Lab for a walk and at least once a week a small dog will run up and try to bite his dog. This lab is already afraid of small dogs from a previous incident (at least thats what my roommate says) and this isn't helping.

Lots of the small dog owners just go 'oh, I'm so sorry he/she never does this' and don't even try to yank the small dog away. Start carrying around mace and just spray the 'aggressive' dog?

I suggest carrying around "a mouth" and using it to spray "words" at the dog owners.

Actually, no, mace someone's min pin without saying a word to them first. Make sure you record the results and post it in the thread. That'd be way more amusing for the rest of us.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Danith posted:

Lol, ok. I wasn't seriously going to spray a dog with mace.

These people around here with the small dogs never seem to control them :|
sorry, guess i've spent too much time in the running thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522054&pagenumber=282&perpage=40#post424643941

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

PFlats posted:

Looking into adopting a senior dog with Lyme. Raised dogs before, but never dealt with Lyme disease. From what I can read, there's going to be a long treatment with antibiotics. What do those usually run, cost-wise? Any chance of other, more serious treatments?

Just trying to make sure my finances are in order and I'm not grossly underestimating the medical costs.

From the end of the last page before tiny angry dog chat. Any help? Just look at this mug.