Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Unagi posted:

That rabbit looks like a baby common wild hare.

With a god-damned attitude to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

cramps posted:

I'm due to give birth to my daughter in September, and I have a very active orange shorthair. I keep on hearing those wives' tales about crazy cats and how much they hate infants, and I'm confident that most of them are bullshit.

But I'm wondering, have any of you/your partners given birth while you had a young cat? What can I do to prepare him for the baby? My husband and I are each planning on putting aside special playtime with him to help take away some jealousy, but I feel like it might be inevitable. Do any of you have advice for keeping him from going crazy? This is going to be a huge adjustment for him.

I can only speak from my experience but my 4 year old cat did fine when we had our son 3 months ago. He was a bit curious at first but overall he left him alone. The being said he has recently slowed his eating and cleaning himself and the vet says he's stressed because he's had a ton of huge cat life events in the last year. (New puppy, losing his brother, new baby, etc.) I think that if you give him the playtime he should be fine, just be careful to keep him out of the crib! He may want to cuddle just a little to closely to your new little one!

PS- Congrats and best of luck with the delivery!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Greetings PI! My family and I just purchased a new home and it is in a neighborhood without fences. As we have a shepherd/lab mix, we are posed with a bit of a problem. The previous owners have an Invisible Fence brand fence installed, but are taking everything but the buried wire. I am not thrilled with what I have read about the brand (expensive non-rechargeable batteries, etc) and am looking at other brands. My first question would be what the wisdom of PI thinks for which brand is best and why. Secondly, are any of these brands compatible with the existing wire or will I have to bury new stuff?

I'll approach the training in the dog training thread once I figure out what I need to buy! I know it's a lot more than just putting the collar on and hoping she gets the hint!

On a final note, there are dogs on either side of us. (with invisible fences also I believe) and am curious to see how the dogs react without a physical barrier in between them!

Thanks PI, look forward to your input.