Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I really don't know if this is the right thread at all, but I'm looking for advice about a tweed notebook cover I just bought. It looks something like this:

(this isn't it: I took this image from a GIS and it's originally from an etsy store)

And I want to do something to protect it from the elements. I have a much smaller tweed bookcover that's been treated with something to seal it, and I wanted to know if it's safe and cool to do something to seal this cover as well. I have read that musicians seal the tweed on their amps and instrument cases with shellac, but as far as I can tell it's only musicians talking about doing something like that: would it work for a piece of tweed like this too?

I'm sorry if I'm making GBS threads up the thread with this crazy question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU