Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I want to get a sewing machine so that I can make my own pants. I dont know anyone to help me search for a decent used machine - is there a basic sewing machine that I can buy new as a no-skills beginner that is affordable and will do what I need? (what do I need?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

That fabric is beautiful

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I've just inherited a JC Penney 6923. This will be my first sewing machine. It came with no bobbins and no foot pedal. I did a quick search on ebay but didn't find anything. Are they all standardized or will I need to go to a specialty shop? The foot pedal seems like a standard connector, but I've never paid close attention to the ones I've used before.

It also didnt come with needles, but those have got to be interchangeable.

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 17, 2022

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Hmm. This machine is almost exactly identical, and supposedly uses class 15 bobbins. But I've been playing a bit and noticing that its sticking mechanically when I try to rotate the handwheel. But only sometimes. I'll take it to a repair shop and see what they think. Thanks!