Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Do not take apart gun by yourself, it will cause the trouble and dangerous.

boscokitty posted:

It's a simple pattern, blocks of two rectangles stacked next to each other, one light/one dark alternating, using the fabrics from this line: http://mordac.unitednotions.com/Attachments/attachments/images/assort/large/1867.15998.jpg .

I have been fighting the urge to buy that fabric for weeks because I already have so many projects in the works. No pictures of anything at the moment, though.

I find the only way to avoid accumulating a (big) stash is to plan a project for any fabric I have to have. It sort of works. I'm currently working on four projects in rotation, though, with a couple more stacked up, so I'm not buying Flirtations, dang it. I also have scrap quilts and crazy quilts that I work on whenever I have scraps from cutting a new project, because I'm trying to work in a zero-waste zone. It sounds insane, but it keeps me from getting bored with the monotony of a single project and putting it down and forgetting about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

You can buy fabric already cut to 5" squares (search for charm packs) or in rolls of 2 1/2" strips (search for jelly rolls), and patterns to go with them. The fabric is usually a bit more expensive than Joann's would have, but it's really nice to work with. fatquartershop.com is good, and so is abbimays.com, and connectingthreads.com has a more limited but cheaper line.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

I get that one and I really like it. The color options are a big part of it, and I just really like a lot of the designs.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

boscokitty posted:

I will have that second quilt top finished tonight, and I'm already planning the next one. Help.

It's too late for you. I have six planned quilt tops in various stages of completion, at least five scrap tops I add to whenever I have scraps because I've decided to go zero waste, and cloth for at least four more, but I can't stop watching the shops for sales. It's an illness. In fact, the mailman just brought me a nice bundle of fat quarters, a Flirtations charm pack, and some other goodies. Fortunately my husband and I have a discretionary allowance system where we get to spend our own money on anything we want with no complaints from the other, so that keeps me in check a bit. Sort of.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Oh my god, I just saw fabric online somewhere that was just like that, only firemen. Crap. Where did I see it?

Edit: Here we go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200214263084&ih=010&category=71206

guaranteed fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 28, 2008

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Ahahaha, I just found that one too, only with a blueprint background. And it's called Heavy Equipment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Well, just for laughs, try taking the bobbin out and flipping it over so the thread feeds from the other side, or maybe rewinding the bobbin. Sometimes it's just the small things...

Also, switch needles. Maybe the one you're using is bent or too dull.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

That is cute. I don't know where I'd ever wear it, but definitely post pictures when you get it done.

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

You might try contacting this seller, and see whether they can help. A service manual is not a lot of help compared to an operator's manual, but if your model is in there, it's better than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Is there a school with a fashion design program nearby, maybe? It could be a disaster, but the posters in here who are students seem to turn out some really well-made stuff.