Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trex eaterofcadrs
Jun 17, 2005
My lack of understanding is only exceeded by my lack of concern.

Scrapez posted:

I would be weary of rainbows on the HC1600 with the 2x color wheel.

Well, that would explain the price difference. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Scrapez posted:

I believe the HC1600 has a 5 segment color wheel instead of the 7 segment color wheel that the HC1500 has. Other than that, I'm not sure of the differences. I do know that the HC1500 is preferred.

This is correct. HC1600 has a 5 segment 2x speed wheel. HC1500 has a 7 segment 4x speed wheel.

Those people on AVSforum are wrong. I got my information straight from Mitsubishi and confirmed it as best I could.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I've tried to order the HC1500 from both newegg and dell, but both times my order has been canceled and the product discontinued. I'm assuming that it's becuase they released the HC1600.

So should i just suck it up and get the HC1600, look somewhere else for the 1500, or go for a different projector. I'm wary about dropping a G to a site that i don't know anything about.

This is getting annoying because I saved up for one, and have been trying to buy it for a month now, but it takes them so long to tell me they can't give it to me :cry: i just want to watch stuff big

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Is there any way to demo a projector anymore? InFocus used to have something, but I can't find it anymore, and I'd prefer a service that's not brand-specific. The closest I've found so far are a few places that rent projectors for business presentations, but obviously those are rarely suitable for home theater and the pricing model is built around short rentals rather than a decent demo period. Most of the ones I've found so far charge enough that for two weeks with a 1080p unit I could have already bought a pair of 720p DLPs.

My roommate's PH530 blew its bulb last night and I sold my HD70 to my ex-roommate when I moved out, so at the moment I'm contemplating using the opportunity to bump up to 1080p but I'm not sure if it's worth it yet. Being able to rent one for a few weeks would be a great way to make that decision, but not when I could buy multiple 720p units or have a decent chunk of a lower end 1080 unit paid off for the rental cost.

I was at Rent-A-Center looking at large flat screens the other day for a party and I could have a 50" 1080p plasma with a MSRP greater than that of the HD80 for a month for only $249, yet a 1080p projector costs more than that for three days everywhere I've seen.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

crabrock posted:

I've tried to order the HC1500 from both newegg and dell, but both times my order has been canceled and the product discontinued. I'm assuming that it's becuase they released the HC1600.

So should i just suck it up and get the HC1600, look somewhere else for the 1500, or go for a different projector. I'm wary about dropping a G to a site that i don't know anything about.

This is getting annoying because I saved up for one, and have been trying to buy it for a month now, but it takes them so long to tell me they can't give it to me :cry: i just want to watch stuff big

Mitsubishi really hosed up this time - they discontinued an awesome projector and replaced it with a crappier model.

If you can't find the HC1500 anywhere, at least one dealer has a manufacturer-refurbised Panasonic AX100 for about $800. For that price, get an extended warranty and go to town.

wolrah, the inability of consumers to demo projectors in person is what keeps me in business. :) If you want to step up to 1080p, Sanyo's Z700 is going to start selling for about $1500 right out of the gate.

Satchmo
Nov 3, 2005
!?
At a university surplus auction a few weeks ago I bought two Sony 1292 CRT projectors. They are over 10 years old, but had very little tube wear. On the downside they are huge and weigh 200 pounds apiece, but I guess two 1080p capable projectors for $150 total is not too bad :D

Now I just need to get a screen..

Ramen Noodles
Apr 13, 2006
Feeding poor college students since 1970!
Hi guys. I was looking to get a projector for gaming/movie purposes. I was wondering if this was any good, or if there's anything better in that price range? Thanks a lot guys. :) http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Projectors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A1236710

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

Satchmo posted:

At a university surplus auction a few weeks ago I bought two Sony 1292 CRT projectors. They are over 10 years old, but had very little tube wear. On the downside they are huge and weigh 200 pounds apiece, but I guess two 1080p capable projectors for $150 total is not too bad :D

Now I just need to get a screen..

That is a drat steal my friend. I am jealous.

I have an NEC XG 75 that was made in 98' that I picked up almost a year ago for $500 - I got a dalight hi-power 2.8 gain screen and my setup is rocking.

Mine is an 8" not a 9" like yours but it puts out a very respectable 720p and 1080i.

They are a real b___ to put on the ceiling and get calibrated but man... If I found a deal like you did I'd be doing a happy dance down the street right now. Those things are selling for $700+ on videogon right now.

Spybreak
Mar 22, 2005

Handle with care
I'm torn between several projectors. I live in Europe, so models here are a bit different. I can't find the much recommended Mitsu HC-1500, or else I would probably go for it.

I live in a small apartment so I would be projecting from 3-4 meters max. I would prefer an LCD projector since I can play with the lens shift if I can't get it placed correctly, but I wouldn't mind getting a DLP if the image is better.

These are the models I'm currently looking at:

Sanyo PLV-Z5
Epson EMP-TW680
Optoma ThemeScene HD65
Mitsubishi HC1100

They're all around the same price range. Main usage would be watching 720/1080p from my PC and playing 360 games. Right now I'm leaning towards the Epson, as I've read it's a pretty good all-around projector, but I'll take any suggestions :)

I'm of course open to other choices. Thanks in advance!

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Spybreak posted:

These are the models I'm currently looking at:

Sanyo PLV-Z5
Epson EMP-TW680
Optoma ThemeScene HD65
Mitsubishi HC1100

They're all around the same price range. Main usage would be watching 720/1080p from my PC and playing 360 games. Right now I'm leaning towards the Epson, as I've read it's a pretty good all-around projector, but I'll take any suggestions :)

drat Epson and their stupid naming conventions. I don't think that the TW680 is the same as the US-model Cinema 720, in which case you don't want it. Epson's 720p projectors prior to the Cinema 720 weren't that great.

The Z5 is always great and I had one in my theater for a long time. The Z60 is the new model, is that available yet?

Spybreak
Mar 22, 2005

Handle with care
There's two 720p Epson projectors out in europe. The TW680 and the TW700.

http://www.epson.co.uk/projectors/Epson-EMP-TW680-HD-Projector.htm
http://www.epson.co.uk/projectors/Epson-EMP-TW700-HD-Projector_specs.htm

I thought the 680 might be the equivalent to the HC720 in the US, but if it's not, I guess I'll stay away.

I have also been looking at the Panasonic AX200, which seems to have decent horizontal shift which I might end up needing (drat small french apartments). I've read about flickering issues and its price is a bit higher than what I was originally looking to spend, but I could go for it if it's worth it.

The Sanyo Z60 is not available here yet, but the Z5 doesn't seem to have any horizontal shift so I'm not sure if it's a good choice.

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Actually the Z5 does have horizontal shift. Awesome, looking like a pretty good choice. So now the question is, Z5 or AX200? The Pana is 200e more expensive. Is the image quality worth 200e and losing some flexibility (it has worse lens shift)?

Spybreak fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 30, 2008

Spybreak
Mar 22, 2005

Handle with care
I finally bought the Z5, got it delivered today and set it up. Unfortunately I still don't have a screen, so I'm projecting directly onto my white wall.

Since the room is quite small and both walls and cieling are white, I'm getting a lot of light reflected which seems to be affecting the image, making it looked pretty washed out. Will this be fixed by a screen? Is there anything else I could do to help with the issue, like hanging black cloth on the walls or something?

Ambient light is no problem, my curtains block all the external light and it's pitch dark. The problem is the actual projected image reflecting on everything else.

Other than that, it looks gorgeous and I think it'll look even better once I finish tweaking everything.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Spybreak posted:

I finally bought the Z5, got it delivered today and set it up. Unfortunately I still don't have a screen, so I'm projecting directly onto my white wall.

Since the room is quite small and both walls and cieling are white, I'm getting a lot of light reflected which seems to be affecting the image, making it looked pretty washed out. Will this be fixed by a screen? Is there anything else I could do to help with the issue, like hanging black cloth on the walls or something?

Ambient light is no problem, my curtains block all the external light and it's pitch dark. The problem is the actual projected image reflecting on everything else.

Other than that, it looks gorgeous and I think it'll look even better once I finish tweaking everything.

Glad to hear it. You made a good choice - the AX200 is good for rooms with lots of light in them, but not as good for movies. The Z5 is still one of my favorites.

As for your earlier comment, looks like the TW700 is the same as the HC720. I really wish Epson would quit doing that poo poo, but no one listens to me.

Congratulations. :) Also, the image reflecting on to everything else is why we use the term "light-controlled" rather than "dark." You can have a dark room, but the second you turn on the projector, it reflects all over the place. A "light-controlled" room typically has a wall color other than white, and sometimes curtains or something similar on the walls to keep reflections down.

Spybreak
Mar 22, 2005

Handle with care
Okay, makes sense. I think I'll just grab some black sheets and hang them over the walls.

I assume exchanging the Z5 for the AX200 wouldnt make a big difference, and it's a lot cheaper to just try to reduce the reflections in the room :)

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Spybreak posted:

Okay, makes sense. I think I'll just grab some black sheets and hang them over the walls.

I assume exchanging the Z5 for the AX200 wouldnt make a big difference, and it's a lot cheaper to just try to reduce the reflections in the room :)

The AX200 is brighter, so it would be worse.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

So now that the HC1500 is gone, what's the best in the sub $1000 range?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Panasonic AX-200U

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

GOOCHY posted:

Panasonic AX-200U

Lies. Sanyo Z60.

The AX200 is good if:
-You plan to use your computer or a game console more than you plan to watch movies
-You have lovely light control

The Z60 is the better choice for movies: it's sharper, you can see more detail, black level is better, and color is more accurate. It's not as bright, though. The only real reason to go with the AX200 is if you need - absolutely need - the extra brightness.

caluki
Nov 12, 2000
What is the cheapest that you have seen the Z60 selling for? Looking around I can't find a deal better than $931. The HC1600 on the other hand, is selling for $722 after rebate. Is the HC1600 a decent option at that price point, or is it really that inferior to the HC1500? On another note, is there any reason to think the prices on these might drop within the next month or two? I am thinking about getting a new projector for Christmas, but I would prefer to stay around the $600-700 mark.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

caluki posted:

What is the cheapest that you have seen the Z60 selling for? Looking around I can't find a deal better than $931.

That's about as good as it gets.

quote:

The HC1600 on the other hand, is selling for $722 after rebate. Is the HC1600 a decent option at that price point, or is it really that inferior to the HC1500?

It's really that bad. No.

quote:

On another note, is there any reason to think the prices on these might drop within the next month or two? I am thinking about getting a new projector for Christmas, but I would prefer to stay around the $600-700 mark.

Not in the next month or two, no. And you're not getting an awful lot of projector for that money. Recommend that you save up the extra and get something worth having, rather than buying a piece of poo poo now.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
I've been very happy with my Panasonic PT-AE900U. Until I had to move, the current place has a living room that has all kinds of windows :(.

I got a Samsung LN52A650 now, I'll probably end up selling mine on SA Mart. Not sure how much its worth now tho (1700 hours on Bulb...starting to show it by not starting up right away :/).

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!
I got a HC1500 a few months back, and now I see the HC5500 has a nice rebate, and is just under $1400 at some places.

Is it worth it to sell my HC1500 for $750, and upgrade?

caluki
Nov 12, 2000

MrEnigma posted:

I got a HC1500 a few months back, and now I see the HC5500 has a nice rebate, and is just under $1400 at some places.

Is it worth it to sell my HC1500 for $750, and upgrade?

No idea, but if you do I might be interested.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
hay guys am I doing this rite j/k

http://stgdz.shackspace.com/Shack/house/Hometheater/1272.jpg

Picked up this beast yesterday for about $199+65 in gas. The hours are pretty low on it with 2600 and it showed no burn in what so ever.

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

stgdz posted:

hay guys am I doing this rite j/k

http://stgdz.shackspace.com/Shack/house/Hometheater/1272.jpg

Picked up this beast yesterday for about $199+65 in gas. The hours are pretty low on it with 2600 and it showed no burn in what so ever.

Sony 1272 I take it by the name of the file?

How/Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking?

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

ifuckedjesus posted:

Sony 1272 I take it by the name of the file?

How/Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking?
Yep its a 1272. Been playing with my bed sheet getting the correct screen size down. I figure I will go with a 60x96 wilsonart designer white laminate and use a 54x96 screen. I have been playing with it the last couple of days and will probably start setting it up over X-mas break
http://stgdz.shackspace.com/Shack/house/Hometheater

I found it on ebay and almost didn't get it because the rear end in a top hat seller was trying to sell it for a local buy but the local backed out. Drove 5 hours down to iowa to pick it up and 5 to bring it back. I was so happy to get it.

There are deals out there on ebay, like the lucky bastard that found the ampro 4500 for $50 on ebay(it was in a curtpalme thread but I can't find it).
Hell someone found a electrohome 8110 next to a dumpster
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7765

Guapo77
Jan 4, 2008
I would recommend the Sharp DT-500 for a bargain 720p projector

Found one for $500 off of ebay (with a new bulb)and bought a Squaretrade warranty for it.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Guapo77 posted:

I would recommend the Sharp DT-500 for a bargain 720p projector

I wouldn't.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

King Hotpants posted:

I wouldn't.

Yeah, but you don't recommend anything that people suggest in here so what's the point?

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

GOOCHY posted:

Yeah, but you don't recommend anything that people suggest in here so what's the point?

Because he recommended an outdated used projector that he found on eBay without providing any further information?

Most people follow a very similar pattern. They buy a projector and like it, and even though they've never seen another one, they recommend the one they have to everyone.

I don't know where you're getting "you don't recommend anything that people suggest in here." If someone comes to the table with suggestions, I try to help them pick the best among their suggestions. The only person I really said was outright wrong was you. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Well, I wish I had posted in this thread BEFORE buying my projector but a lot of the info in here is golden.

Kinghotpants might be a little snarky but that is a condition most goons have. Regardless, this thread has been a lot less intimidating than the AVS forums and a lot less confusing.

If anything, it makes me want to upgrade to one of the recommended projectors in the thread, but my Benq W500 is just fine for my TINY studio apt.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007
I guess this is the best place as any for a projector question, though it's not really a suggestion.

I've got an Infocus IN-32 that I picked up for less than 50 bucks at work with about 400 hours on the lamp and an extra lamp to boot. I know it's not a great projector, but it suits my movie watching needs just fine and the price was too good to pass up. However, recently I'm noticing random pixels flashing red from time to time. Most of the time it's just one, but sometimes it's a lot of them.

What does this mean? Is it the lamp? The color wheel?

And if there's a better place to put this, let me know.

Now for an on topic question.

I'll be in the market for a good projector for my media center at the end of February. I'd like something that can handle long hours (whenever I have friends over, I've got the projector going) and HDMI. I'm looking to spend really no more than $2000, but can go over that a bit. What would be a good one to get that's not going to be usurped in 4 months?

The distance of projector to screen is about 14 feet. I've only got one window in the room, but the window (and all the walls) are covered with black stage curtains so no light gets in at all if I don't want it in. The infocus can handle the room just fine at 60% brightness.

monkeybounce fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 18, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

King Hotpants posted:

I wouldn't.

Are there any cheapish 720p projectors you would? I want a projector as when i was working over summer a guy had a lovely standard def one and i found that enjoyable enough. However although i do want better quality i want to have some spare cash to buy other things so dropping 1k+ isnt an option.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

monkeybounce posted:

I guess this is the best place as any for a projector question, though it's not really a suggestion.

I've got an Infocus IN-32 that I picked up for less than 50 bucks at work with about 400 hours on the lamp and an extra lamp to boot. I know it's not a great projector, but it suits my movie watching needs just fine and the price was too good to pass up. However, recently I'm noticing random pixels flashing red from time to time. Most of the time it's just one, but sometimes it's a lot of them.

What does this mean? Is it the lamp? The color wheel?

And if there's a better place to put this, let me know.

I have never, ever heard of that problem before. :( I don't think the lamp could have anything to do with that, though, and if it were the color wheel you'd be seeing a lot more than one pixel. My guess is that it's either the DLP chip itself (god I hope not) or you've got a bad HDMI cable, if you're using HDMI. If it has HDMI. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

quote:

Now for an on topic question.

I'll be in the market for a good projector for my media center at the end of February. I'd like something that can handle long hours (whenever I have friends over, I've got the projector going) and HDMI. I'm looking to spend really no more than $2000, but can go over that a bit. What would be a good one to get that's not going to be usurped in 4 months?

The distance of projector to screen is about 14 feet. I've only got one window in the room, but the window (and all the walls) are covered with black stage curtains so no light gets in at all if I don't want it in. The infocus can handle the room just fine at 60% brightness.

Sounds like you would do very well with a Mitsubishi HC4900. It's discontinued, but it's 1080p, less than $2000, and has a 5,000 hour lamp. Does that sound about right?

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

Are there any cheapish 720p projectors you would? I want a projector as when i was working over summer a guy had a lovely standard def one and i found that enjoyable enough. However although i do want better quality i want to have some spare cash to buy other things so dropping 1k+ isnt an option.

Here's the problem. 1080p is now available for $2,000 and sometimes less, which means that manufacturers had to either drop the price on their 720p models even further or discontinue them. Most of them opted for the latter. So you have a few 720p projectors slightly under $1,000 and a whole lot that aren't around anymore. I don't know of any that are consistently under $1K without buying used.

The reason I disagreed with that guy is because the Sharp DT500 is an older model, there's not a consistent supply of them, and lamp availability is not as good as it would be on something like a Mitsubishi or Optoma model.

It's not even that I wouldn't recommend the DT500 to someone if it fit what they wanted. It's that I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, the same as I would not recommend any single projector to everyone. If you can find a gently used HC1500 or Optoma HD70 or, yes, a Sharp DT500, go ahead and pick it up. That's really the only way to get one on the cheap.

Guapo77
Jan 4, 2008

King Hotpants posted:

Because he recommended an outdated used projector that he found on eBay without providing any further information?

Most people follow a very similar pattern. They buy a projector and like it, and even though they've never seen another one, they recommend the one they have to everyone.

I don't know where you're getting "you don't recommend anything that people suggest in here." If someone comes to the table with suggestions, I try to help them pick the best among their suggestions. The only person I really said was outright wrong was you. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

I work in the AV field, I'm an InfoComm member and have worked at several higher education institutes in maintaining and supporting projectors. Sanyos, Infocus, Proximas, and Sharps mostly. I've seen hundreds of these guys over the years, probably more than you.

The DT-500 is a solid value for the price and if you don't mind paying off of ebay for it, then you will love it. It is a great price for a solid brand.

Very large thread on the AVS forums about it as well.

Guapo77
Jan 4, 2008

King Hotpants posted:

The reason I disagreed with that guy is because the Sharp DT500 is an older model, there's not a consistent supply of them, and lamp availability is not as good as it would be on something like a Mitsubishi or Optoma model.

It's not even that I wouldn't recommend the DT500 to someone if it fit what they wanted. It's that I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, the same as I would not recommend any single projector to everyone. If you can find a gently used HC1500 or Optoma HD70 or, yes, a Sharp DT500, go ahead and pick it up. That's really the only way to get one on the cheap.

You can easily find a projector bulb for the DT-500, there are many vendors that supply projector bulbs, and Sharp bulbs.

I can still easily find bulbs for a Sharp C40x projector which is almost ancient by today's standards.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Guapo77 posted:

The DT-500 is a solid value for the price and if you don't mind paying off of ebay for it, then you will love it. It is a great price for a solid brand.

I agree. I just wouldn't recommend it to everyone.

quote:

Very large thread on the AVS forums about it as well.

That doesn't mean much. There's a very large thread on AVS about the Mitsubishi HC3000, which has very little to recommend it.

I apologize if my comments sounded flippant or condescending. Apparently they upset some people. I'll try not to do that in the future.

Carry on.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

King Hotpants posted:

I have never, ever heard of that problem before. :( I don't think the lamp could have anything to do with that, though, and if it were the color wheel you'd be seeing a lot more than one pixel. My guess is that it's either the DLP chip itself (god I hope not) or you've got a bad HDMI cable, if you're using HDMI. If it has HDMI. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

Sounds like you would do very well with a Mitsubishi HC4900. It's discontinued, but it's 1080p, less than $2000, and has a 5,000 hour lamp. Does that sound about right?

It's not running HDMI, just M1 or whatever Infocus's standard for DVI is. I've already tried a couple cables, but it does it in the same spot regardless of DVI, VGA, or RCA. So DLP chip it is? Is this indicative of a larger problem looming or just an annoyance until the thing goes. I understand it's a business projector and I probably put it through hell, so for $50 I'm okay taking the loss, I guess.

As far as the Mitsubishi HC4900, I guess I'm sold. The guy that just installed a Crestron system in the office told me the same thing, but then offered to sell me one, so I wasn't quite sure if he was trying to make a deal or not. ha. Thanks!

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
i know its not the best model , but Amazon is selling the HC1600 for $750 then you get a $100 rebate AND a free bulb... seems like a pretty incredible deal

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/rebates/B001B680GI/ref=dp_rebates_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caluki
Nov 12, 2000

greasyhands posted:

i know its not the best model , but Amazon is selling the HC1600 for $750 then you get a $100 rebate AND a free bulb... seems like a pretty incredible deal

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/rebates/B001B680GI/ref=dp_rebates_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics

Yeah, despite it not being very highly thought of here, I went ahead and got this about a week ago. For $650 and a free bulb I decided I could overlook its problems. I didn't want to pay much more than that and there doesn't seem to be much else in the segment unless you want to pay around $1000.

So far I am extremely happy with it. I guess I am just not sensitive to rainbows, because I have not noticed any at all despite the 2x color wheel. I suppose I don't have the same kind of expectations as someone who has demo'd a ton of projectors - i've only used a crappy infocus projector in the past. That being said, if you want a budget projector I would recommend at least checking this out and seeing if the rainbow thing is an issue for you.

• Locked thread