Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm getting a projector in August and the HC1500 is right in my price range. I don't want to derail but does anyone have a recommendation for speakers? I'm on a budget of $500 dollars and I'm definitely looking for the surround sound experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Yeah I know I was just thinking that maybe people with projectors could tell me their setup and what they used, but I'll take it to another thread. :)

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Is there anyone that has the Dell 2400MP DLP Projector and can tell me how they like it? I have a chance to get a good deal off it from the coupons thread.

It's a cnet editors choice with an 8.1 but the users gave it a 5.4.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 27, 2008

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I just got the HC1500 and I was wondering what the best way to calibrate it is?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

King Hotpants posted:

No two projectors are the same. You need to get a calibration disc and do it yourself, because my numbers won't be correct on your projector.

For a better calibration (i.e. if you're a picky bitch like me) you can pick up a Spyder2 sensor and download HCFR and you can give yourself a really excellent calibration for $60. It helps if you have friends with projectors who will chip in and help you offset the cost, though I don't think spending $60 to calibrate your >$1000 projector is that insane.

My roommates are leaning towards a guy at circuit city coming in to calibrate for $150 (since hes a "professional"). Will he do a better job then me using the spyder sensor?

edit: we need a megathread.

• Locked thread