Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/4644366263.html

god, I want to buy this so bad. I feel like given the pictures there is a huge rust bucket under the hood, or a rats nest. Interior looks nice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I am irrationally irritated by this

It's NOT a Subaru, guys! *provides link which explains it's a lightly tweaked WRX*

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I am irrationally irritated by this

It's NOT a Subaru, guys! *provides link which explains it's a lightly tweaked WRX*

I'm irrationally irritated that you didn't include the link in your post. :v:
http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=406

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm irrationally irritated that you didn't include the link in your post. :v:
http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=406

"Saab unique chassis" consisting of a subaru chassis with slightly tweaked suspension components and some subframe stiffening to make steering a bit better.

So in other words, the chassis is the same. And not at all unique.

I am also irrationally irritated by this. He even calls it a Saabaru at the bottom of the page.

EDIT: wait so the timing belt was "inspected"? But not replaced? Is that just ignorance or did they really inspect it and say "yup, that's a belt, no need to do anything!"

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 31, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's not broken, looks good!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's something morons say. I get it a lot when looking at used cars. "Has the timing belt be changed and do you have record of it?" Usually gets that answer. No one would ever pull of the timing cover just to look at it without changing it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
You have better luck than I do then, because that question is usually met with a blank stare and "I dunno." At least most shops put the sticker on there so I can look for myself.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4621360272.html

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
That with a slightly less retarded choice of powertrain, i.e. a manual and fuel injection, would be pretty amazing, I have to think. Even if it is one of the worse BMWs from before the dark ages of late.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Sinestro posted:

That with a slightly less retarded choice of powertrain, i.e. a manual and fuel injection, would be pretty amazing,

You do understand how drag cars work, right?

The thing that worries me about that car is the lack of any mention of an NHRA chassis cert on the cage, which is making me think it may have been put in the car for show and that thing wouldn't be allowed down the track.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

Unload My Head posted:

The thing that worries me about that car is the lack of any mention of an NHRA chassis cert on the cage, which is making me think it may have been put in the car for show and that thing wouldn't be allowed down the track.

Ouch... that didn't even occur to me

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Unload My Head posted:

If it was actually built for the track then the seller would have taken it there

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Unload My Head posted:

I understand how drag cars work, and I also understand that drag cars are loving boring. I enjoy ridiculous engine swaps as much as the next guy, but making 600-700 hp, if it is even anything close to that, from a twin-turbo BBC is just dull. There's nothing interesting about that car beyond the curiosity of seeing the big blow-through turbo setup on a big 'murrican V8 when you look at the hood picture. It's the body of a disappointing BMW on a tube chassis with a uninteresting engine.

Also, he calls it a Beemer instead of a Bimmer. :spergin:

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 31, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fun fact: NHRA allows only 12 inches total of rubber fuel line in the vehicle.

May have to start calling him 12 inch.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That car is a complete :psyduck:.

Full-tilt race cage and suspension, with no mention NHRA chassis cert or SFI cert on the bellhousing/transmission. Hilarious steamroller-slicks, and a mild (any forced induction big block under 1000hp is mild) big block. Turbo 400 transmission with no transbrake.

It's basically hellaflush, as built by a fifty year old who still thinks a '32 highboy with a 350 Chevrolet is revolutionary.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

the night dad posted:

I'm not sure what more I can add, so just click the link.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4626475204.html

I JUST noticed the skull manual and mirror bones.

Well you could have added a loving picture so we could all see what you are talking about, but it's been deleted.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 24, 2019

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
IDK man, most modern 4 door cars made within the last 10 years are safer, more comfortable, and have similar performance.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Taurus SHO:

pros - the engine

cons - everything else

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you get a manual you can safely assume it has been lugged to poo poo by an idiot and needs rod bearings, too.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
The best thing about SHOs is that you can remove the engine and put it in a better car that won't make you hate yourself for sitting inside it.

Octopus Magic posted:

IDK man, most modern 4 door cars made within the last 10 years are safer, more comfortable, and have similar performance.

Also this.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Octopus Magic posted:

The heck with the last ten years, for that price you could have a Panther-chassis, an LT1 Caprice or an E36. All with a proper rear-drive layout and superior chassis. The SHO is novel, but it is not a good car.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Octopus Magic posted:

and they're all boring and ugly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

and they're all boring and ugly

Unlike the taurus, which looks exciting as hell, right?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Powershift posted:

Unlike the taurus, which looks exciting as hell, right?

Yes

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
ROBOCOP MOTHERFUCKER.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VideoTapir posted:

ROBOCOP MOTHERFUCKER.

That was the entire motivation behind me buying a SHO. Terrible loving car.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Unload My Head posted:

The heck with the last ten years, for that price you could have a Panther-chassis, an LT1 Caprice or an E36. All with a proper rear-drive layout and superior chassis. The SHO is novel, but it is not a good car.

Calling a Panther chassis "superior" to anything is pretty funny.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but it makes up for it in the drivers around you reactions when you go out for a cruise for fun around midnight on a Friday

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'll probably end up owning another one eventually :3:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/1990-toyota-celica-gt-s/1015315150?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Welp, this thing has me wondering what I could get for the Vibe
(not much, it has obvious collision damage and a Pontiac badge on it :smith:)

e: never mind it's an automatic, gently caress that. (aside from that I'd have even ignored the 'stupid kid' red flags, that thing is miles above every other non-JDM ST18(x) around here)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 1, 2014

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
Presented without further comment:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4634574370.html

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
sometimes being unique is a very good thing. I for one am glad there is only one like that.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Yeah but it makes up for it in the drivers around you reactions when you go out for a cruise for fun around midnight on a Friday

Or any time you're flying down the highway in the left lane. People just move on over.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Oh my god I would buy the poo poo out of this if I was a little less sane and didn't live in the city.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its not car related but it is craigslist and y'all owe it to yourselves to read the whole thing :staredog:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/rnr/4646729685.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
well, that sure is a thing

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
A schizophrenic weirdo on craigslist? Say it ain't so!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that's the best thing i've ever seen on craigslist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Isnt the 12A relatively gutless?
No. The 12A has a little higher compression ration, can rev higher (by about 500rpm), and about only 10HP separated them from the 13B when they were made side by side in the 1970s-1980s. In fact the early 12As had more power than the later 13Bs, such was the strangulation of emissions gear. We're only talking 100cc difference here, with the smaller 12A revving more and better carb, higher compression and less emissions gear at the time. The 13B was only brought into the line for extra torque because mazda made/sold bigger, heavier cars (eg RX4-RX5, plus the roadpacer)

Because the 12A was discontinued, the 13B has since received better fuel injection and turbo options as it was developed with better manifolds and technology. So of course if building a project now, no reason to look at a 12A when the obvious choice is a 13B turbo. (12A had a turbo version but lovely manifold, lovely turbo, poor cooling)

But stock for stock, comparing carby 1974-1983 engines up until the 12A was discontinued, there's only ~10hp in it between the 12A and 13B. The 13B being better for that small amount extra hp plus a little extra torque. But the 12A being higher revving and higher compression ratio that responds well to non turbo-ing modifications. Has the better stock carb too if not going EFI or weber route; 12A has the nikki, 13B had a piece of crap hitachi. So there's no reason to write of an old 12A thinking it's gutless, it's not (any more than any rotary is these days as piston engine tech has jumped ahead big time of course).

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 2, 2014