Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
SO much want here:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4752476163.html

But I have 2 All Tracs that dont run already, and my AW11 needs a new radiator.... Someone from here should but this!

Edit: But I'm seriously considering sending this guy an email. I need to have a total of 4 Celica's like I need to be missing a leg.

Edit 2: I think I'm going to call him today and see if its still available.....

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If I had the money I'd be on my way to buy that right now. Hope it finds a good home.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just called and left a message.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4771395245.html

Dear lord I wanna go get this. It's turbocharged, in fantastic condition, and it's all the styling that I like. The only problem is, it's 3 hours away.

.... Any Chicagoland Goons wanna help me on a road trip?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

alternate.eago posted:

SO much want here:

But I have 2 All Tracs that dont run already, and my AW11 needs a new radiator.... Someone from here should but this!

Edit: But I'm seriously considering sending this guy an email. I need to have a total of 4 Celica's like I need to be missing a leg.

He just called back. It's still available. This could potentially be a stupid financial decision. But I might sell my AW11 to a friend, who will put his 7age in it......

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Dear lord I wanna go get this. It's turbocharged, in fantastic condition, and it's all the styling that I like. The only problem is, it's 3 hours away.

Right-o, set it up with the guy.

Driving down to Indianapolis early in the morning and getting a deal.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

alternate.eago posted:

He just called back. It's still available. This could potentially be a stupid financial decision. But I might sell my AW11 to a friend, who will put his 7age in it......

Potentially?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Dick Trauma posted:

Potentially?

I already have 2 st165's. How much worse could this be?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

alternate.eago posted:

I already have 2 st165's. How much worse could this be?

What's the appeal? alltracs are better anyway

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I could drive this while I work on my All Tracs (because they never work). And it's clean, and because it's the GTS, it has the 3sge, which is the All Trac Engine without the turbo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

What's the appeal?

You shut your whore mouth

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Get your other cars actually working first.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My bad. I'm just grumpy that this guy won't return my e-mails with even a simple yes. I really don't have a lot of timeframe to be looking at cars, and I've been looking for a suitable light zippy coupe for 2 months now.

Pretty sure that's a troll add, if that car is in good condition it's worth twice that.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
This thread is getting awesome again.

Voltage posted:

Oh my god…

I took a trip down the "invested" section of CL…

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/4750250929.html

I also want this.

KingFisher posted:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4768154067.html

goons If I were to buy, what would you put in this?

twincharged ZZ4 with the turbo remotely located in place of the muffler?

An LS1 is the perfect motor for that.
But the Hemi out of an SRT8 would be so much more awesome.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am quite familiar with those cars (as are some others here). A few things to be keenly aware of:

First thing to do, pop the hatch and lift up the rear carpet to expose the tool kit. The owner will know exactly where it is. Once that is exposed, pull it out. Inspect the sheet metal underneath. The tail light seals always leak to some degree after this much time if they haven't been per-emptively worked on. If so, expect to see rust. Possibly lot of it. Also pull out the spare and take a look at the condition of the inside of the rear quarter.

If it has a digital dash, ensure it works reliably. There is a power unit under the steering column behind the ignition switch which commonly fail. I don't even know if they are available anymore.

Other electrical gremlins are common. Make sure everything works, even things like high-beams.

Control arm bushings in the rear get eaten with some regularity. Looks like he's kept it in good shape, be on the lookout for "thunks" when driving it though. They can be a pain to work on.

Turbo models had OEM adjustable shocks which are horrendously expensive. I suspect he replaced them with something common and aftermarket by now so maybe ask him what it is.

Keep in mind these are not lightweight toss-around sports cars. They are a heavy GT designed in the early 80s and feel like it. Granted he did some work to wake it up a bit but it is not a modern sport car by any stretch.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Whhhhhaaaaa?
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4748152080.html

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Whhhhhaaaaa? Is right, that guy's smokin' crack rock.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-Other-...=US_Cars_Trucks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

slidebite posted:

I am quite familiar with those cars (as are some others here). A few things to be keenly aware of:

First thing to do, pop the hatch and lift up the rear carpet to expose the tool kit. The owner will know exactly where it is. Once that is exposed, pull it out. Inspect the sheet metal underneath. The tail light seals always leak to some degree after this much time if they haven't been per-emptively worked on. If so, expect to see rust. Possibly lot of it. Also pull out the spare and take a look at the condition of the inside of the rear quarter.

If it has a digital dash, ensure it works reliably. There is a power unit under the steering column behind the ignition switch which commonly fail. I don't even know if they are available anymore.

Other electrical gremlins are common. Make sure everything works, even things like high-beams.

Control arm bushings in the rear get eaten with some regularity. Looks like he's kept it in good shape, be on the lookout for "thunks" when driving it though. They can be a pain to work on.

Turbo models had OEM adjustable shocks which are horrendously expensive. I suspect he replaced them with something common and aftermarket by now so maybe ask him what it is.

Keep in mind these are not lightweight toss-around sports cars. They are a heavy GT designed in the early 80s and feel like it. Granted he did some work to wake it up a bit but it is not a modern sport car by any stretch.

Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo.

It's in my driveway.

It made a drive all the way from Indianapolis to Chicago (3 Hours) on Highway conditions. Boosted to 14psi. Hoooooly poo poo this thing is fast.

fishception fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 22, 2014

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Fantastic man can't wait for the thread!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:justpost:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4767592665.html

quote:

I have a 280z with a straight 6 and a manual 5 speed tranny. After having put almost $7000 into the mechanics a car pulled out infront of me. Left front is a mess, but engine and tranny untouched. All the work was done by Jock Rhodes owner of Bill's Datsun. There is less than 5000 miles on the engine. Would like to get $4250 for the car. This engine is a working gem!

$3750-4250 for a wrecked car.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

To add insult to injury, it's the 280.

Content:

There was an original post where he outlined all the restoration - he's basically refurbished or replaced everything. I'm guessing 63's aren't that desirable since they're an early year right before the displacement bump, but I could be wrong.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Just in time for winter!

http://nh.craigslist.org/hvo/4769947830.html

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

blk posted:

Content:

There was an original post where he outlined all the restoration - he's basically refurbished or replaced everything. I'm guessing 63's aren't that desirable since they're an early year right before the displacement bump, but I could be wrong.

Pretty much any Series 1 E-Type is super desirable and if that one has been restored, that price is suspiciously low. By my recollection, that should be a $50k-$60k car fully restored.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KingFisher posted:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4768154067.html

goons If I were to buy, what would you put in this?

twincharged ZZ4 with the turbo remotely located in place of the muffler?

Ecotec from a Cobalt SS/Ion Redline in honor of the 2.5L 4-banger they put in the base models back in '82.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Ecotec from a Cobalt SS/Ion Redline in honor of the 2.5L 4-banger they put in the base models back in '82.

You're thinking in the wrong direction. They had that nice, long engine bay but they never had an inline 6, such wasted potential. 7M/RB2whatever/2JZ.
Or a Jeep 4.0.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tommychu posted:

You're thinking in the wrong direction. They had that nice, long engine bay but they never had an inline 6, such wasted potential. 7M/RB2whatever/2JZ.
Or a Jeep 4.0.

Or a Chevy 292, with cut down aftermarket 350 heads on it, and a snail. :getin:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
There's certainly precedent for BMW diesels in American cars. Why not a N57?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

alternate.eago posted:

SO much want here:

So I went and looked at this today. There is rust on the rear quarter-panel by the back of the passenger side door. The front driversside fender is also rusty by the mudflap. Needs the valve cover gasket and the oilpan seal replaced--badly. Other than that, it ran really nice. I am not sure if I want to buy it. It would definitely have to much cheaper for me to buy it. I think I could talk him down a bunch, just have to decide if I want to......

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

Sexy Assistant for excutive office
compensation: 20hr per

part-time
Must be qualified in finance and computer admin. Office duties include filling appointments, follow-up with clients. tracking sales funnels. Generally running the daily office client relationships. Will be working close with top agent. Willing to get trained and licensed in the financial industry.

Must be also willing to be an old time assistant and dress provocatively and flirtation is a must. Must be very open minded.

Please reply with resume and a picture.

Yes this is a very serious add.

If you are interested please send your resume:::::::::::::::thomashardy200 (at) g m ail com.............

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

VideoTapir posted:

Sexy Assistant for excutive office

I've already seen that one.

@@!!!! 99. LIFTED. TAHOE. MUCH INVESTED. NEEDS. REAR END WORK $3450 - $3450 (sw reno) (POSTED. UNDER. CDs. /. DVDs. /. VHS.):

Craigslist Reno posted:

SELLING. A TAHOE. THATS. HAS. A CUSTOM LIFT. WITH. SUPER NICE. RIMS. & TIRES. ALSO. HAS. SPRINGS. SHOCKS. UP GRADED. STEREO. POWER AMP. CD. CHAGER. CUSTOM. PUSH. BAR. KC. POWER. LIGHTS. SOME. EXTRAS. PLEASE. READ. I. HAVE. INVESTED. 8 K IN. IN. NEEDS. A. REBUILD. REAR. END. BAD. GEARS. IN IT NOW. HAS. LO MILES. 350/V8. VORTEC. ENG. LOOK AT PIC. SELLING. $3450. IN. RENO. PLEASE. NO. TRADES. NO. TEX. I WILL NOT. RESPOND. TO. TEX. HAVE. NO. ROOM. TO. STOR. THIS. TAHOE. GOT. A. SMALLER. TRUCK. JUST. CALLS. THANKS. IN. RENO.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

this warrants a reply from the guy who runs https://www.dontevenreply.com

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I've seen that period. after. every. word. thing crop up on other ads before, what the hell is up with that? Why would someone ever start doing that?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

I. Have. No. Idea. I. Think. It. May. Be. Related. To. Those. Who. Capitalize. Each. Word.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ok seriously what the hell is so hard about grammar for craigslist users? It's either no grammar at all, or this poo poo.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

fakeaccount posted:

Ok seriously what the hell is so hard about grammar for craigslist users? It's either no grammar at all, or this poo poo.

Capitalizing every Noun is indicative of Old People,, as is,, using too many Commas in Weird Places!! Long run-on sentences with "..." as the only punctuation and no capitalization seems to be a disease of the young, on the other hand.

City17
Dec 3, 2006

It seems the front 3/4 shot is the Craigslist standard these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

City17 posted:

It seems the front 3/4 shot is the Craigslist standard these days.

That's been the standard in printed auto sales ads for as long as I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

blk posted:

Content:

That is a scam or the deal of the century.
I emailed the guy. Fully expecting to hear "located in Ivory Coast"

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 25, 2014