Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

For reference one in good condition with lower mileage (111k) is C$5500 http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5604614168.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The Pao is crazy overpriced, but I bet you could swap a manual in there.

K10 Micras are pretty popular in Yurop, so there's probably some upgrade parts as well.

edit: oh sweet jesus, e-carb

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 28, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Femtosecond posted:

I wonder how expensive it would be to fix a Pao transmission...

DJ Commie posted:

Anyone want to build an MS3 powered...something?

Now kiss.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

DJ Commie posted:

Anyone want to build an MS3 powered...something?

MS3-powered fox-body :allears:

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

MS3-powered fox-body :allears:

There was a guy in Bloomington Indiana trying to cram an MS3 motor into an NC Miata but I think he gave up on it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Here's another recipient candidate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Something don't look quite right here.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rhyno posted:

There was a guy in Bloomington Indiana trying to cram an MS3 motor into an NC Miata but I think he gave up on it.

The 2.3 DISI powered Mazda 5 is still a favorite.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

VideoTapir posted:

Something don't look quite right here.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

VideoTapir posted:

Here's another recipient candidate

please don't

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Rhyno posted:

I think I remember seeing pics of that, though I can understand why he was unsuccessful. Kinda odd to figure an OHV Ford or Chev V8 can fit into a Miata, but one of their own in-house engines can't. Christ, how big is that 4 anyway?

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I am not nearly knowledgable enough about these cars to know if this is Craigslist Gold or not, but it caught my eye because 90% of the early GTIs I see are heavily modified/ruined and this seemed to be in fairly good shape (high mileage tho). Also I have a round headlights fetish.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5604501401.html

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The Gen 2 GTIs were a bit white washed, depending on the year they just had a mildly hotted up engine compared to your standard Mk2 Golf. The real hot ones were the 16V GTIs. That's pretty overpriced in my opinion unless the interior and body are absolute mint and rust free (questionable since the exhaust has holes on it).

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5608263272.html

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Is this a death wish?

Alabamarama
Aug 22, 2013
Someone buy this $1500 540i 6spd so I don't have to. I would be happy to go look at it for someone if my URS6 wasn't broken down AGAIN!

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/2962729?ad_cid=2

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

quote:

Interior

Seating for two! Interior is fully lined, with carpet on the floor and quilted Hide Of The Nauga side panels and seat cushions. Stained wood dash. Lexan "Brooklins" individual windscreens. Fully functional gauges and idiot lights (including Neutral position indicator), with the exception of the speedo. Speedo is mechanically driven and I haven't yet devised a way to make the connection. Removable steering wheel makes for easy entry and exit.

:lol:

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
I wonder how many naugas had to give their all to decorate that car.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

driguy posted:

I wonder how many naugas had to give their all to decorate that car.

According to Snopes they shed their hide a few times a year. Also, Newbury Park is only a twenty-five minute drive from here. I could conceivably pay a visit to the tricycle.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Alabamarama posted:

Someone buy this $1500 540i 6spd so I don't have to. I would be happy to go look at it for someone if my URS6 wasn't broken down AGAIN!

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/2962729?ad_cid=2

Purple leather.

It's probably a good thing I'm nowhere near UT, because I think I could deal with purple leather for a V8 6-speed 5-series. How much/how difficult is a timing chain/guides on that, anyway? For future reference, you understand.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Here's something you don't see every day.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VideoTapir posted:

Here's something you don't see every day.

A car in Vegas with no AC?

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

This turned up...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5616315905.html

quote:

UNDER 32K ORIGINAL MILES! Classic Ford E-Series van in dark blue. Beautiful light blue interior is near showroom condition. The cargo area has been professionally converted to an office work space and wired for 12V DC and 110V AC usage. This is a former DEA surveillance van operated in the greater Washington state area. This vehicle has been warehoused most of its life when not in mission use. Turn-Key ready except for the air-conditioning (not blowing cold air) and the factory radio (lights up but no sound). 351W EFI motor with C6 transmission. I replaced the battery, the serpentine belt, the muffler, the air filters and an oil change. Body, tires, brakes, suspension, power train all in great shape. Rear load-leveler air bags were installed. Also comes with an on board air compressor tucked inside a wheel-well bench seat/storage compartment. Has three RV style deep cycle batteries for power reserve source, a propane heater system (under vehicle tank), a dry ice/block ice cooling system, and an interior air exhaust system to remove carbon dioxide -- all of which are designed to operate without the vehicle engine running i.e. in "stealth mode". The cargo area floors, doors, and ceiling have been sound-proofed (insulated). Van is wired for pen and box cameras on all sides to monitor people approaching the van. Van is Red Light enabled, including rear window red filters and black out panels. Also has a steel wall "barrier" with sliding door into the driver's compartment. Van comes with two sets of keys/remotes and one is used for remote start of the engine. Physical security is achieved through an added interior door bracing/lock system. The only way a common thief will get in this van is by crawling through a broken window. ALL OPTICS AND RADIOS AND THE POWER INVERTER HAVE BEEN REMOVED BY THE DEA/GSA FLEET SERVICES. All basic wiring, gauges, panel switches, and cabling and connectors remain. Also has a TrippLite computer power converter/back up battery system for on board computers and monitors. Replace the inverter and bring your lap-top and printer and you have a secure rolling office; a mobile computer repair/training van; a UAV launch operations/tracking vehicle; or anything else you can imagine. Need to get away and write a book?

This is a rare and highly desirable find if only because of its very low mileage and condition. I bought this vehicle for this very reason in December 2015 from a local dealer here in Salem and because my 1980 van just went into the shop for extensive work (engine and tranny out, etc.). That van is gone and now this beauty must go too. Wife can't ride comfortably so my van days are over. Hey, its all good!

Viewing of this van is by APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you don't have the budget for such a vehicle then, PLEASE, don't waste my time or yours. I have chosen not to provide exterior pics of this vehicle should the next owner upgrade it and use it for surveillance operations. Exterior pics will be provided to your email address, upon request. If this posting is up, then the van is still for sale.

Thanks for checking out my van. Jim

CASH ONLY -- NO CHECKS. "AS IS" SALE. Oregon plates. Tags good thru 12/17

I bet it became too conspicuous to keep using just by being so drat clean for what it is.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that this guy is selling this car for $8000, or the fact he bought it for $16k. I mean, did John Voight own it or something?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MrChips posted:

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that this guy is selling this car for $8000, or the fact he bought it for $16k. I mean, did John Voight own it or something?

It's missing the entire turn signal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrChips posted:

What year are you in that John Voight is even on anyone's radar?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

What year are you in that John Voight is even on anyone's radar?

Dude it's a LeBaron. You take the references you can.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I, too, would like to know your model year, human.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
_the_ E36 I've always wanted (blue on grey 4 door): https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5620272295.html

Too bad the ask is so high :(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

PCOS Bill posted:

Dude it's a LeBaron. You take the references you can.

Pretty sure it was owned by a woman with a short skirt and a long jacket.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That pig van probably has the equivalent of 200k miles in idling hours. A medical marijuana store should buy it as a gimmick.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

I don't know if the ad is referring to the car or the lady.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

super nailgun posted:

This turned up...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5616315905.html

I bet it became too conspicuous to keep using just by being so drat clean for what it is.

This is so awesome, to be 10 years younger/dumber, and single. I wish he had some photos of the outside too.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

blk posted:

_the_ E36 I've always wanted (blue on grey 4 door): https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5620272295.html

Too bad the ask is so high :(

We will be able to bring the proper things in soon enough... bide your time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

blugu64 posted:

This is so awesome, to be 10 years younger/dumber, and single. I wish he had some photos of the outside too.
The lettering on the side reads 'Danny's Eaves and Awnings'

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I mean...I guess this engine swap is pretty AI. But I have no idea what thought process would result in someone putting a heavy 100hp bread truck motor in a Mustang.

https://smd.craigslist.org/cto/5599319348.html

edit to add: A little more googling into the swap reveals the lovely name of "Cumstang"

Tyro fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 5, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5621030369.html

quote:

Trim ground effects with a turn key ready to drive vehicle. Engine is a 2.4L/code T. Multicolor with Emerald Green being base color with interior being Gray with Red highlights. Custom Rear wing with custom grill. New 20 inch rims and tires. Magniflow exhaust. This is a show winning car and has a 10,000 dollar paint job. No warranty as I am a private seller. Driver and passenger airbags. AC/Cruise control and power brakes. Sunroof and CD player. If there are any questions not answered in my listing please feel free to contact me. Thank you for looking. Best offer will be accepted.

I love when people advertise their lovely, tarted up econoboxes as "turn key."

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Tyro posted:

I mean...I guess this engine swap is pretty AI. But I have no idea what thought process would result in someone putting a heavy 100hp bread truck motor in a Mustang.

https://smd.craigslist.org/cto/5599319348.html

edit to add: A little more googling into the swap reveals the lovely name of "Cumstang"

I bet it sounds like a jackhammer of death and moves really slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5621030369.html

I love when people advertise their lovely, tarted up econoboxes as "turn key."

I'm the $10 eBay grille