Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Invite all your Facebook friends to the Something Awful Holiday Bee Drive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titletrack
May 23, 2003

Get your patchouli stink outta my store!
One more load of bees for the poor starving masses. May the angry swarm bring joy to their hearts. Merry Christmas third world heathens. Baby Jesus loves you.

Fenderbender
Oct 10, 2003

You have the right to remain silent.
That's a lot of beads.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Bees unleashed. Soon the world will kneel before my insect army.

LEZ BE FRIENDS
Oct 15, 2006

Merry fucking Christmas.

Invited some 200+ people.

e; visa screwup :(

LEZ BE FRIENDS fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 28, 2007

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Bees have been donated!

Edit: Just to clarify, I have sent 12,500 fuzzy stinging harbingers of doom that shall begin the death knell of this world

Gravy Train Robber fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 26, 2007

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Maybe you should make it link back to this thread, too.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Frankincense posted:

Maybe you should make it link back to this thread, too.

I just contained all the relevant information because I figured that people who don't have forums accounts have no use for the thread.

Nimgimmer
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes kitties! Please fight!
Fun Shoe
1 Swarm donated for the delicious stinging sensation!

I also made us a motivational picture.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Go forth my little minions. Go forth and sting!

1 swarm donated.

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001
I love Heifer International! They and Doctors Without Borders top my list of kickass, very worthy charities.

One bushel of bees (12,500) sent!

D14BL0
Dec 6, 2006

WE STAND AT THE DOOR
Oh, the beemanity!

How long do we have for this? I'm completely spent already, but I would love to give somebody some bees. :(

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
given the disclaimer on the bottom:

quote:

Gifts made through this catalog represent a gift to the entire mission. To help the most number of families move toward self-reliance, Heifer does not use its limited resources to track gift animals from donation to distribution. We use your gifts where they can do the most good by pooling them with the gifts of others to help transform entire communities. And, because you are helping Heifer fight hunger and poverty, your gift is tax deductible.
Doesn't that mean our donations go into a general fund instead of being earmarked for bees?

NihilistCanada
Sep 11, 2001

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.

quote:

So this is Christmas
And what have you done?

Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

Well John, I have donated a swarm of bees.

Feels good too.

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.
Ordered. I've been meaning to do something charitable this year anyways.

Should we start an Epipen drive for easter?

NihilistCanada
Sep 11, 2001

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.

NightGyr posted:

given the disclaimer on the bottom:

Doesn't that mean our donations go into a general fund instead of being earmarked for bees?

I think they mean you are not getting an exact Your Donation of Bees to Muhuimby Octuwimba Mutsebeezi in Cameroon receipt.

So when village they are helping needs bees yours go there. Since charities tend to do things efficiently your bunch of bees would go in a package of cows, goats, pigs etc..... in one big shipment to save on shipping.

I don't think Muhuimby Octuwimba Mutsebeezi is going to wake up next week with a knock on his hut's door with the DHL guy saying "I need you to sign for these bees NihilistCanada just sent you".

Would be cool though. Regardless as in my first post in this thread you can actually answer John Lennon's question. You did something. You made someone's life that much better.

That is enough to me.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Donated some bees.

Terec
Dec 14, 2001
Cybernetic Crumb
Donated, GoonSwarm goes bigger.

Limiting Factor
Dec 19, 2006

well dammit
In for this, oh hell yes to GoonSwarm. Buzzzbzzzbuzzzzzzzbzwahahahaa.

PooBoots
Feb 27, 2007

A++++++ would sting again!

edit: That's $30 worth of bees.

PooBoots fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 26, 2007

StockOption
Aug 14, 2005

Time is money, friend.
Made a beetastic donation of $30.

Fly, GoonBees, FLY.

Shrike Bait
Apr 28, 2006
I hate this tree.
Donated one swarm.

12,500 bees are now slated to be far, far away from me. I see no downside to this.

Shrike Bait fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 25, 2007

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Instead of buying new bees, I think we should just make all the current bees work harder.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I have just donated a batch of bees. At least I did something useful this christmas

TobyKinte
Aug 24, 2005
All transactions are safe and secure through our 128-bit encryption
I just purchased $30 of angry bees and told my mother that was her Christmas present.

saganhawk
Jun 4, 2007
One swarm donated to commemorate the birth of our lord, Sir Isaac Newton.

Flannel Blob
Feb 3, 2004
horah!
After committing Bee-ro-shima on that hive a year ago and enjoying my 15 seconds of internet fame I feel compelled to help beemanity in this time of need!

Skriker
Jun 15, 2002
Bees inflicted. Joy to the world.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Donated. But how will this affect the beemancers?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2626828

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
I have given the gift of bees to someone. Next Christmas, I'm giving away nothing but bees, because they are the greatest gift of all :)

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!
I donated a swarm of bees to the cause.

Unbathed
Sep 11, 2001

Source of Funds
Done. Invertebrates for Good.

Nimgimmer
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes kitties! Please fight!
Fun Shoe

NihilistCanada posted:

Regardless as in my first post in this thread you can actually answer John Lennon's question. You did something. You made someone's life that much better.

That is enough to me.

Made their life better, sent them a package full of horrible bee death, same difference.

When I think about what we are doing I just envision this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmp-SRMwF3E&feature=related

Nimgimmer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 25, 2007

O Shuva
Aug 29, 2006

Very like a whale
Oh if only I had seen this earlier - how I do like bees.

O Shuva fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 25, 2007

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer
Oh, bees. Such wonderful happy bees.

$30 worth of bees... sent!

(Bzzz bzzz bzzz...)

BookBimbo
Sep 15, 2005
Donated bees!

Sadly this has been the merriest thing I've done all day.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Donating 15 sets of $30, so 187500 bees, plus $50 to make it an even $500, so maybe they will get an unexpected goat or something too.

MUAHAHHA

Edit: WTF, it is saying my credit card information is invalid for both my cards, even though I literally JUST used the card 3 minutes ago on another site, so I know nothing's wrong with at least one of them. I will try again tomorrow, maybe there's a daily limit on my card or something.

Edit2:

Whoever this is that just messaged me on AIM, I'm lollin at you, just so you know:
[14:32] Ender Vender: i hope you realize the entire purpose of the bee donation thing is for lowtax to get a nice big tax deduction

(I am donating under my own name instead of the SomethingAwful name on the off chance that it would affect me being able to deduct this on my taxes, so this guy is wrong anyway. Since I'm donating a little more than $30 I think this is understandable, but either way I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS ALMOST PART OF THIS EVIL LOWTAX CONSPIRACY TO GIVE POOR PEOPLE BEES)

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 25, 2007

MrNobody
Jul 7, 2006
30$ worth of bees summoned into our world. May the collapse of society commence.

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005
Hot drat!

I was bummed out this morning because I had to send my girlfriend off to LA to see her dad, and the thought of Christmas alone was very dull.

Now I have a swarm of 12,500 angry bees racing to some far off land, with dreams of pollen dancing in their tiny bee heads.

I hope they help someone out, and sting just one little kid or two adults. I am a simple man, and that is my Christmas wish.

May our swarms unite across the globe, may they spread honey glazed terror across the land. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FudgyPumpkin
Aug 24, 2005
I am on the internet.
I hope they don't make that little goat travel to his new home with the bee shipment. Imagine the stings!!

Bees sent from Oregon to the heathens, with love!