Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I just finished knitting two hats! No pictures, unfortunately, but they both turned out great. The pattern was really simple (k2, p2, and only one color switch) but it was my first time using circulars and dpns. I was really pleasantly surprised by how easily I caught on.

What fun pattern would incorporate some new stuff and be a step more difficult, without taking forever to knit up? I've done tons of scarves (because rectangles are easy), and I'm not really interested in socks (I'm scared of 'em, too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Never mind -- I made my brother, the new hat owner, send me a picture :v:

Too bad he's not good at it! There are only two colors here, in Bernat Softee Chunky yarn, Grey Heather and Dark Blue, and the hats are the same size (in fact, they're identical, except the colors are reversed).

Because I have some (but not a ton) of both colors left over, and I want to use it up before buying more stuff, I decided to go with wrist warmers -- the kind that are just a tube with a thumb-hole. I couldn't find exactly the right pattern, even on Ravelry, so I'm kind of doing my own thing. I'm basing it on Knitty's Voodoo, except shorter, and stripy, and with totally different yarn, and only one at a time. I'm only about 3" into the first one, but that's 2.999" more than I've ever done on dpns before!

What I really want to do is the Crime Scene Scarf or Knitty's Knucks, but I think either would be way too tough for me right now. :sigh: Someday!

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 15, 2017

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I've never done intarsia, but the lure of the police tape scarf is proving impossible to resist.

1. Am I crazy? I've been knitting for awhile, but my most ambitious project to date is, like, a striped hat. Like I said, no intarsia yet, so this would be a learning project -- is it too difficult for that?
2. What yarn should I use? I can't get to an upscale LYS, but I really want to avoid Red Heart or anything similar. What's the best yarn I can get at a store like Jo-Ann Fabrics or Michaels?
3. Should I knit it in the round instead? If so, how can the pattern be converted? I would hate to do what seems logical only to realize I have the letters backwards or something.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Drei posted:

yarn!
Acrylics are fine by me -- in fact, the pattern called for an acrylic. Unfortunately the only worsted-weight acrylic they had in the right colors was Caron One-Pound. It doesn't feel bad -- it's not Red Heart or anything -- but it's not amazing either. I might give away this scarf (if I can do it at all) and then do another one for myself; it's cool enough I should be able to get takers.

Midnight Sun posted:

The first thing I thought of when I saw your post was knitting in the round. I think it would look better and be a lot easier when the threads doesn't show in the back.
I totally agreed, but then I looked up circular intarsia and found it's legendarily difficult -- so perhaps not quite the best idea for me. Like real police tape (I'm pretty sure), I'm only going to have letters on one side, so the blank parts should go pretty quickly, and then I just have to seam it up the middle. (Not that I'm looking forward to 9' of seaming, but what are you gonna do.)

jomiel posted:

I jumped right into socks after a couple of scarves, and I think the challenge of a more complicated project helped me learn a lot about knitting. (I just got my Favorite Socks book when I ordered my Starting Strength book, so hopefully I can start doing socks again!) :D
I definitely learn by doing. The hat was the first thing I did on circs, and then I learned dpns by doing wrist warmers. This project is just going to teach me intarsia and pattern-reading at the same time, which could be interesting. I'm not sure how I'm going to find the space and time for it, either -- this is the first project I've had that's too big and complicated to be portable. I'm still nowhere near brave enough for socks, though!

W&W represent -- this week I'm signing up for a rec center with a pool, so a lot of my knitting will be done with pruney fingers!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
So remember how I was asking all those questions about the police tape scarf?

I wound up choosing Caron One Pound in black and sunflower. One Pound was actually an excellent choice; as I took it out of the skein, since it was so huge, I made three balls of each color. Little did I know they would all be necessary for the intarsia! At times I've been knitting from five balls at once.

click for big:

The color is really more like

but what are you going to do with a cell phone camera.

Intarsia really isn't so bad . . . other than weaving in the loose ends. There are at least 4-6 ends per letter, which drives me up the wall. I'm a slacker and still haven't done it for the last E, so here's what that looks like.

All the curling will be fixed when I finish and block it, right? (Right?) Obviously, I still have a long way to go before then -- it'll eventually say "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS," but right now, as you can see, all mine says is "POLICE LINE."

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 15, 2017

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, I'll be folding it in half and seaming the three open sides. I'm still a little concerned it might try curling and wind up pushing the scarf into more of a 3D tubey shape, though. But maybe blocking will improve that? I've never blocked before either.

Also, you can see how lazy with I was being carrying some of it over -- the Es, and that L is blatant -- but I think I'll get away with it since that will be the inside. :laugh: But thanks -- it's my first-ever attempt at intarsia, so I'm glad it's going this well!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The first pair of needles I ever had are aluminum 8s, and one has an incredibly bent end (not the pointy end, the other one) from my dad closing it in the car door. It's bent probably 45 degrees off straight, and I still use it if I need to :downs:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Definitely watch the videos to learn purling. It shouldn't be too bad, or even just get junk yarn and stick to knitting this first time. Knitting dictionaries, unless they have tons of big clear pictures, are more of a pain than they're worth -- and they're not necessary! We have the internet now!

You have small needles -- do you have small yarn to match? If so, take on any beginners' project you want. If it was written for big needles and big yarn, it'll work; it'll just come out smaller when you do it. So you can practice all the same techniques, and wind up with the same result, just in miniature. Maybe you have a cousin whose doll needs a scarf.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 28, 2008

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

Row 7: BO 2 stitches, work to end. (30 sts)
By "work" I think it just means "knit or purl, depending." That way you would be decreasing by 2 every row.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Oh, weird, I just saw your issue -- I didn't realize the numbers overlapped. Do you know what kind of shape you're trying to make at that point in the pattern?

Based on looking at a small and none-too-clear jpg of the result, I would think the numbering is just wrong and it might mean this:

Row 4: CO 2 stitches, knit till end. (18 sts)
Row 5: CO 2 stitches, purl till end. (20 sts)
Row 6: CO 2 stitches, knit till end. (22 sts)
Row 7: CO 2 stitches, purl till end. (24 sts)
Row 8: CO 2 stitches, knit till end. (26 sts)
Row 9: CO 2 stitches, purl till end. (28 sts)
Row 10: CO 2 stitches, knit till end. (30 sts)
Row 11: CO 2 stitches, purl till end. (32 sts)

Row 12: BO 2, knit to end (30)
Row 13: BO 2, purl to end (28)
Row 14: BO 2, k to end (26)
Row 15: BO 2, p to end (24)
Row 16: BO 2, k to end (22)
Row 17: BO 2, p to end (20)

Or maybe for 7-11 it would be BO 2, then CO 2, then do whatever to end -- but then you wouldn't get the decreases you need, so that can't be it. Can you tell us what part of the crane you're making so we can at least try to figure out what shape you should be winding up with?

Otherwise, how are you liking Knitalong? I love the Doppio Gauntlets and especially the Eden Scarf to pieces, but not much else of the book really appeals to me, and the libraries here don't have it :argh:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
What about fringe instead? That's incredibly easy, and I think it looks better than tassels anyway.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Now that youtube has come along, it's actually really easy to learn new stuff. When I was in middle school, I tried to teach myself from a book, which obviously didn't end well. Now if there's a technique I don't know, I google it or youtube it and I'm watching a video within seconds -- it's way easier.

Needle choice is all about what you're happy with. Some people say stitches stick too much on bamboo; other people think stitches slide too much on metal. Whatever works for you is best (my vote is bamboo). If you're just starting out but you're sure this is something you'll want to do, you can buy a kit of all different sizes, which should be cheaper than buying every pair you'll need separately.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Mnemosyne posted:

I'm doing that police tape scarf so that I can teach myself intarsia. I'm only on the "O" and I already hate my life.
Ahahaha, I hope that wasn't my fault -- it took me MONTHS. Literally; I finished it tonight . . . although that's because I kept putting off finishing it. There are thousands of ends to sew in and then like six feet to stitch together.

To add insult to injury, lately I've seen mass-produced police tape scarves for sale. The only reason I made it in the first place was that I wanted it but couldn't buy it anywhere :argh:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I also made the double-sided version. I wove the ends in not because I was afraid they'd show (they wouldn't, obviously), but because I was afraid things would start to unravel -- I figured trying to fix that would be an even bigger bitch than weaving in the ends. I also didn't want strange lumps and bumps inside the tube of the scarf; I wanted it to be as flat as possible. As you go, you'll see that between the colors you sometimes get little gaps/holes, and I also wanted to use the ends to close those up more.

Bottom line is that it's up to you. I sewed them in and I think it's a good idea, but having twice as many ends would definitely tempt me to take my chances with unraveling.

PS: I also thought I'd give mine away ("this is just for practice, then I'll make myself a perfect one") but you're completely right, :effort: If you're brave, you can look into "killing" the acrylic, which may make it feel nicer.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Does anyone have a pattern for gorgeous complicated gloves with complete fingers? Something like Gordian (on Ravelry) or especially Entangled Stitches (Ravelry)? My grandmother just decided this is what she desperately needs for Christmas (in black, of course, just to make it as challenging as possible). Entangled Stitches would be ideal -- it used to be free, and does knitting count as :filez:? -- but anything even similar would be great, if you guys have any recommendations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Aardvarklet posted:

Best Christmas present ever: umbrella swift and yarn ball winder. I literally spent the entire day yesterday winding my stash. It looks beautiful.
With this setup, can you wind yarn that starts off like

or only skeins, like

?

Thanks! My winder/swift experience is limited to a few minutes in a LYS being mesmerized by the cool spinny thing.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I love fingerless gloves/armwarmers, but if you do the long versions, what on earth do you wear them with? Do you wear short sleeves in the winter? Or only tops baggy enough to fit the armwarmers underneath? I love making them, I love the way they look, but I cannot figure out how to wear them practically in the real world (except for maybe a couple weeks during fall).

Also, I have leftover Plymouth Encore (worsted-weight wool blend) in white -- about half a skein, 85 yards. I just don't know what to do because it's white -- I don't want something that will get dingy quickly, and I also don't want to experiment with dyeing. I have the same in brown, about 150 yards, that would pair well if there's a suitable project that just needs more yardage.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

McDougirl posted:

I have a dumb question for a more experienced knitter than I. This set of directions is throwing me off a bit. If you look at the section labeled Body the directions are "Work Chevron Pattern: Beg with st 7 of Chart A, then rep the 10 sts of Chart A 4 times, work Chart B, rep the 10 sts of Chart C 4 times, end with first 4 st of Chart C. Continue working in pattern until piece measures 22½", ending with a RS row." and the pattern is at the bottom of the page. I just don't get what they mean by "beg with st 7 of chart A." Are they saying do step 7 or only 7 stitches, and if so which 7-- the first on a row or the last?

I'm sure I'm making this out to be much more difficult that it is, but if someone wouldn't mind glancing at it, I'd really appreciate it.
I always write this poo poo out in kindergartner language before I start a pattern, because God knows otherwise I'd get completely confused halfway through. In this case, I'd write it out like this:

Chart A rows 7-10
Chart A rows 1-10
Chart A rows 1-10
Chart A rows 1-10
Chart A rows 1-10
Chart B
Chart C rows 1-10
Chart C rows 1-10
Chart C rows 1-10
Chart C rows 1-10
Chart C rows 1-4

But it's hard to tell without looking at the charts or anything else. Also, aren't there pictures? A lot of the time you can figure out things like this from looking at the end product.

e: I'm so retarded I didn't even realize you'd posted the pattern. There are a bunch of pictures on Ravelry, if you're a member. Also, coincidentally, I'm making a really similar shrug except there's no interesting body texture and I want the collar to stand up, like this (not me, just GISed it).

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 27, 2009

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

TauntTheOctopi posted:

I'm now crazy about double knitting. Such an easy way to do color work without everything getting tangled. DNA scarf, of my own design:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20733534
:)
That looks like a ton of amazing work -- how can you sell it for $48? Are you just trying to recoup yarn costs and not charging for your time? I'm not judging, just curious.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

TauntTheOctopi posted:

Well, it took less time, effort, and yarn than it looks like, which is why I'm now in love with the technique. This is also my first item and I'd like to get a sale to get some momentum going. I was thinking of listing the next double knit scarf(s) at $60. Is that more reasonable?
Since it's double knitting (my next technique, by the way!), isn't it about the same time/effort as knitting a normal scarf that's twice as long? I know I would spend hours on a 10' scarf. Unless you're doing really individualized custom knits, or you spend very very few hours on each project, I don't think it's really possible to get people to pay a price that includes a fair hourly wage. You just can't compete with Walmart's economy of scale.

Pricing also depends on the yarn you used. What was it, or how nice was it? Obviously you'll save if you go with Red Heart, but you'll never convince anyone that's fashionable enough to justify real money, and I don't think it's pleasant to knit with either.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

tokidoki posted:

I want to work on a cabled purse but I'm confused about this row (I'm a newbie):

K7, put 3 stitches on scrap yarn, CO 3 new stitches, K6, P6, K6, put 3 stitches on scrap yarn, CO 3 new stitches, K7

So when it says put 3 stitches on scrap yarn, is that like slipping it on a cable needle?
Yes, but onto bits of scrap yarn instead of a cable needle, because you aren't going to knit with them.

quote:

And the CO 3 new stitches means to make 3 completely new stitches using the working yarn yes?
Yup, probably using the cable cast on, which is the world's easiest.

quote:

Then when I go to the next row, which doesn't have any particularly special direction, I'll work with all of the stitches, both the ones on the scrap yarn and the new CO, yes?
No, the ones on the scrap yarn you leave alone.

We can be totally positive if we see it in context within the pattern, but right now I'm at least 90% sure. The pattern only allows for 38 stitches for the next row, right?

And that looks great, Midnight Sun. I keep thinking about the matching armwarmers -- but there are also patterns for a matching hat, cowl, and even legwarmers. That cable pattern winds up looking really good; it just seems so repetitive it'd probably take me months too!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Phishi posted:

So I'm working on my first lace project, http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTlaminaria.html using 2 balls of Dream in Color Baby. After seeing my roommate's mishap with a clear delineation between balls on a sweater using Classy, I'm afraid of that happening and want to switch between the two every couple of rows... the question being, would carrying the yarn up the side be super noticeable in a lace project? If it helps, the color I'm using is Midnight Derby, which is much more subtle than most hand painted yarns, but I don't want to spend hours upon hours working on this thing and cursing it only to have it turn out beautiful... except for the line made where I switched balls. :smith:
If they're from the same dye lot, and they don't specifically tell you that every ball is a super-unique handpaint that can never be matched, and the skeins look identical when you hold them up together, I would just go for it. If all those things are true, then chances of a striking difference are low enough that I personally wouldn't find it worth the extra effort of switching every row. That said, if you're the play-it-safe type and you hate frogging, it can't really hurt.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I've knitted a bunch of things on bamboo DPNs but never felt like anything was even coming close to breaking. But that'll sure be in my mind whenever I knit with them from now on :ohdear: What brand are yours, Firequirks? I really like plain old Takumi Clovers.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 22, 2009

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Cables are so, so, so easy. Like every other knitting technique, people on Ravelry go on about how impossible it is until you're totally psyched out. But if you actually try it, once you get the hang of it, it's not difficult at all.

I think Sex Hobbit's cables look great partly because of the yarn's stitch definition, which is really important for cables.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Oh that is amazing. Everyone adores the February Lady Sweater, but the shaping is always incredibly unflattering -- I literally haven't seen it work well on anyone. There's a reason it was originally a baby sweater :colbert:

But the lace pattern is nice, and the shaping on this one looks like it could be really flattering. I am now officially psyched about it, partly because yours is so gorgeous, hollaback grandma.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think scarf 1 is okay, but subdued, and that combination just looks very old-lady to me. Scarf 2 is fug. Scarf 3 is good if she's a 10-year-old girl or just seriously likes pink. It's probably what I'd go with. Are you just doing rugby stripes or what? If so, I always think those look best when it's two shades of the same color, or one color plus a neutral.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Firequirks posted:

Mark my words, I WILL knit a Vivian someday. Or some version of it.

My god, it's full of curves. :aaaaa:
Vivian has been my favorite thing forever. I have the yarn and the needles and the pattern, all of it, and I'm dying to start. I love the yarn/color, I love cables, and I cannot wait to have (and WEAR) that sweater. But I need to wait until my size is stable fffffffuck.

Until then, have more photos of hot curvy sweaters.

This is my favorite mod of Vivian (I'm going to do mine like this with the collar and the short-row shaping):

I also really want to make a mod of the Urban Aran Cardigan, which is usually dude-appropriate, but with the ribs the way they are the shaping could be amazing. Here's one woman's I want to base mine on:

This sweater has the charming, euphonious name of Pull #480-T7-260 by Phildar Design Team

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Stuzz posted:

ETA: I have a ton of mistakes in my first washcloth. Will blocking or felting it make it less noticeable.
If you felt it, the "I purled where I should have knitted" beginner mistakes will all disappear, yeah.

Has anyone tried the new WEBS/yarn.com bamboo interchangeable needle set? I might ask for it for Christmas. . . .

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

I have a $20 ball of sock yarn sitting on my shelf as a reminder to never let the nice lady at the yarn store talk you into buying stuff.

I don't even knit socks. What the hell am I going to do with sock yarn? :smith:
My obsession is gloves! Especially fingerless, but you can do whatever you want. If you go on Ravelry, there are a ton of non-sock patterns for sock yarn because there are a ton of people in your position.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

I made fingerless gloves long ago and it was such a nightmare I'm afraid to do it again :ohdear:
:ohdear: What went wrong? What pattern did you use?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

So at AC Moore's today I saw an automatic yarn winder. And I gotta say it looks dreamy. :swoon:

Has anyone here tried one before?
I haven't tried an electric winder, but I have the normal kind that you crank yourself. I feel like I would want more control than an electric one provides. Sometimes yarn wraps where it shouldn't and you want to fix that immediately, and sometimes you need to wind at different speeds. I'm happy with my hand-cranked one, but I definitely wouldn't pay double for an electric one.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I caved and asked for that Webs bamboo interchangeable set. Fingers crossed I'll like them as much as my Clovers :ohdear:

Sex Hobbit posted:

I asked for a KnitPicks gift card, dunno if I'm getting it since my mom has made a habit of asking me what I want and then getting something else entirely.
Don't actually get a KnitPicks gift card! At KnitPicks, if you make a purchase over $50, shipping is free . . . but not if you're using a gift card. So just ask for an IOU instead.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It sounds like maybe you're winding too fast. If you crank the poo poo out of it, then yeah, it'll wind up messed up. Have you ever seen one being used, at a LYS or even in a youtube video?

You do have to lift it off pretty carefully, and you also have to be careful where you pull from. I wound a pure silk yarn, and all over the internet there are warnings you can't do a center-pull ball, or you'll wind up with yarn vomit all over the place -- it sounds like that's what's happening with your Malabrigo.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Okay, this woman seems pretty dim, but this is about the speed I would use (e: minus the awkward stopping; you want to keep it fluid). You can mute the video.

For more general tips (but don't watch for speed, these women are blitzing along), this and this both seem sensible.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 15, 2017

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I feel like I've pimped this before, but I made a Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug and I love it. I'm busty too, and I feel like it emphasizes that in a flattering way. I always get compliments, and people are totally stunned to find out I made it myself. The bonus, obviously, is that while it might technically be a sweater, it definitely doesn't take forever.

Here's one girl's so you can get an idea of how classy it can be, and here it is on Ravelry.

Being hard to fit isn't nearly as much of a disadvantage when you're knitting! Instead of trying to make something off-the-rack work for your body, whatever you do can be a perfectly custom fit. Definitely check out Fitted Knits for non-sacklike designs. For busty issues, take a look at that section of Big Girl Knits (even if you're not big overall, just disproportionately busty).

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Actually if it's a placemat you could do double knitting! That would be awesome. And you'd learn a lot.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I had a not-so-great day so I went online and bought a $35 skein of sock yarn.

Apparently I will be making either
or

but in

insane orange gloves. Yup. Votes for which?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

I'm going to say do the pattern of the white glove.

And then I'll :gonk: because my hands start to hurt if I knit with anything under a size 5. Dear God that looks insane.
I'm currently knitting >15 square feet of silk laceweight on size 2s :suicide:

Klams Jam posted:

I like the fingers on the white one and the palm of the green. Yip, I am no help at all!
I feel like the white fingers go better with the green hand! If the stitch counts work out, I may do that. But I don't dislike the green fingers, either, so I might do them (except more angularly, to match) with the white hand some other time.

Don't worry about what kind of socks you "should" be doing -- just jump into whatever looks interesting. If you take it slowly and read the directions carefully, you should be able to manage it. It's not any more difficult than making brownies from a box, plus there are lots of good patterns and helpful youtube videos out there. People on Ravelry are constantly freaking out ("omg I could never do cables!!!) but once you get it, it's so not a big deal.

If you can't keep one constant tension on DPNs, don't torture yourself, just switch to circulars. I think DPNs rule, but some people are insanely all about magic loop or using two circulars or whatever.

Midnight Sun posted:

OMG those gloves! :aaaaa:

I'm voting for the green ones. And I'm totally in awe over you, Anne Whateley. :golfclap:
Don't be -- I haven't made them yet!

Seriously, if you click on the question mark under my name, you'll see all the posts I've made in this thread. I think it starts out with "yay I made these hats they are my first thing on circulars ever :downs:" and I had paid no attention to gauge or needle size or anything. Then was my first lumpy semi:downs: attempt at intarsia. You get the idea -- I started from zero and had plenty of not-exactly-professional products along the way. The only thing is that I try to learn a new technique from each project.

deli ninja posted:

Oh my god. Would you mind sharing the pattern for these?
Depending on what you mean. The green one is Entangled Stitches (designer page, Ravelry), and the white one is Gordian (designer page, Ravelry). They're both pay patterns, and as far as I know, a :filez: scene doesn't exist.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Midnight Sun posted:

I know, but still! Just thinking about trying to start that glove pattern is making my head hurt. I'm much like you, started knitting simple stuff and venturing into a little more complicated projects to learn new techniques. I still haven't got the hang of gauge (it's for wussies anyway ;) ) and knitting in the round with DPNs makes me want to kill a bitch.

Sorry about the lenghty explanation, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm rooting for you and the gloves! :haw:
Just little steps! I've never done anything as killer as those gloves either. But I'm fine with cables, I'm fine with counting and reading my knitting and using stitch markers liberally, and the last gloves I made were these (but black). Black, worsted-weight yarn with size 2 DPNs :suicide:

Put all together, I bet I can do it, if I pay attention. Probably. Thanks for the rooting!

I knit best when I'm watching TV or a movie, so I have something else to keep me entertained; that way I can last for hours and hours, especially if the project is interesting. I definitely couldn't rewatch stuff I'm already familiar with, although I don't usually do that anyway. When I'm doing nothing but knitting, like on the subway, I start getting antsy and looking around, intermittently people-watching or playing with my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
How are you guys making the increases? That's the most likely culprit.