Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamburgerbreakfast
Apr 19, 2007

We're d-d-d-doomed.
Tibetan sock from New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi in Trekking XXL. Tooooooo big so it's going to be re-knitted. (click for big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgerbreakfast
Apr 19, 2007

We're d-d-d-doomed.

effika posted:

Anybody on Ravelry yet? We could start up a group.

I'm on there, a group should most def. be started.

hamburgerbreakfast
Apr 19, 2007

We're d-d-d-doomed.
There's a group up now- "show me your knits!" on ravelry. Would someone like to make a badge? I'm not good with the pictures.

EDIT: if you want to make a banner, message me on ravelry- I'm the group mod.

hamburgerbreakfast fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 8, 2008

hamburgerbreakfast
Apr 19, 2007

We're d-d-d-doomed.

boobookitty posted:

My daughter's dress is complete for the most part--I have to replace the ribbon on the bonnet, as it's not placed exactly where it should be. It's too far back, when it should be on the bottom scallop on each side.

All I have to say is finally! I've been working on this on and off since last March.

She wouldn't sit still, so I couldn't get everything in the picture. This was made for her first birthday, which was actually Christmas Day. I knew I wouldn't be getting professional photos done for a while after, though, so I took my time with it.

More details are at my Ravelry page (freyathegrey). I can tell you that I got the pattern from http://www.vintage-knitting-patterns.com and that it was the dress from the Dress, Bonnet, and Bootees pattern from Paton's Babies in Limelight (it's in one of their Knit Baby collections, I think the second?) Sometimes vintage patterns are a pain in the butt to work from. The yarn was a gift from some coworkers. It's Dale of Norway Baby Ull. I don't like it much--it seems to split pretty easily. But it was a gift, it was my first try at making anything in lace, and also a first with making a full outfit, and so I can't complain much.

I'm tucanchild, the group mod on ravelry. That dress is beautiful (and your daughter is adorable)! I'm going to try to knit it for my friend's alien baby. What size is it in the picture?