Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
This is my winter scarf. Basic feather and fan stitch.

Baby blanket I made for a friend. Sorry it's such a bad pic!

And I never take pictures of anything because I suck (not at knitting I mean just in general) so that's all I got.

EDIT: Hahhahahaa I totally forgot about my penis cozy. It was a piece of poo poo that I made for a friend who was a domme and she gave it to one of her clients.

Moms Stuffing fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Kalista posted:

Here are the Sockapalooza socks I knit for my Swedish pal this summer, modeled by her. They were knit from my handspun too, and were a lot of fun to make. I keep meaning to start a pair for myself.

I love these!

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Tuesday Morning posted:

So I have kind of a silly question, but after seeing how awesome this stuff in here is, I figure you guys would know best.

How much more versatile is knitting than crocheting? Is it that crocheting is more loose and lacey rather than tight and functional?

(Also, Google Embryo made me baby booties and a baby hat and a regular hat for me and a kitty that I should snap a picture of and post in here to add to her collection.)

I'm a novice crocheter but it seems to me that anything like that would be more representative of your tension while crocheting or knitting. I've seen beautiful things made by crochet that were still functional and I've knitted plenty of lace that wouldn't keep you warm on a 70 degree day.

Also, yeah, take some drat pictures already since I forgot to!

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

yuk_mistress posted:

This is lovely. How did you get the border on that. I'm almost done with a scarf (my first project yippie) and I'm using 3 different skeins, basically using different yarn every 2 rows, and the edge where the yarn runs up the side is sloppy, I was thinking of crocheting an edge but then I have a "right side" and a "wrong side". I think I'm ok with that, I just want a clean finished piece.

I just did single crochet around the edge. Thanks by the way! :3:

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
I'm glad to see that not everyone is using 100% natural fibers. Stitch N' Bitch makes me feel like a douche because I'm always reaching for the acrylic, but you guys make me feel better for being so cheap. Not only am I broke, I also have a mild wool allergy and knitting with it for a long time gives me a rash.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Midnight Sun posted:

I also tried knitting my so called scarf, but as usual my edges look like crap. :mad:

I usually crochet a border around mine. It makes them look a lot neater.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Midnight Sun posted:

I don't know how to crochet. :(

It's very easy to do! You just do this, except you do it right into the edges of the scarf instead of into a crochet chain. Crocheting basics are very very simple to learn. If you learned how to knit on your own, you'll really realize that crochet is about 10 times easier! At least to learn on your own anyway.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Ozma posted:

I get SO irritated with people who think you'll burn in hell if you're not using 100% natural stuff.

Sorry folks, but I don't think the world will end if I buy wool-ease or even red heart. :) Yarn snobs bug me! I love really beautiful yarn and am really interested in hand-spun stuff and really respect those who do it. But I knit on a budget PLUS I actually don't mind the feel of acrylics depending on how they are- whereas 100% wool makes me incredibly itchy. I'd rather knit with materials knowing that I'll utilize them whether they're acrylic, cotton, a blend, etc than knit with something just because it's natural-only only to have the item sit in a closet.

And for those of us with wool allergies (sob!) cotton doesn't always work for a lot of projects since it doesn't have that elasticity that wool and acrylics have.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

I opened this window in a new tab, forgot about it, and just came back to it 2 hours later. Bad surprise. :(

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Am I nuts for thinking that something like this would be perfect for blocking?

http://www.amazon.com/Tadpoles-Solid-Playmat-Set-Blue/dp/B003ZYEEIC/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1297028882&sr=1-2

Tell me why I'm wrong before I spend money!

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
Sweet! I just spent money thanks to you guys.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
I end up ripping everything I start out at least once. I'm an insane perfectionist though, I'm sure no one would see my "mistakes" except for me.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
I love that baby blanket! I have a lace fetish because I'm a 90 year old woman hiding in a 28 year old's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
My little girl needed a scarf, so I made one. This is the first thing I have ever made that I've actually blocked haha.

I had to reblock it after this photo because the first blocking didn't quite take, as you can see.