Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squantmuts
Nov 14, 2005

mtwieg posted:

In the interest of giving this thread another jolt, I'm considering giving another series of lessons/tutorials. If you didn't catch my first one on switching power supplies, it starts on page 12 and goes until page 15. As far as subjects go, I have a few ideas:

1. Resonance oscillators (would be pretty technical)
2. Signal filters, effects (like stuff you'd use in audio to make effects and stuff. Somewhat technical)
3. Transistor circuits, like amplifiers and voltage regulators. Tons of possibilities. Not very math intensive, but a little "deep")
4. Eagle Cad tutorial for people wanting to make their own custom printed circuit boards. Not technical really.
5. Something microcontroller related. My experience is with AVRs, which are pretty user friendly. It would be pretty technical.

If anyone has any other ideas, shout out. I'll decide which on to do based on indicated interest from you guys.

I am up for topic 3 and 4. I use AVR's too but with C generally, sometimes I use ARM MCU's, like the LPC2100 series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squantmuts
Nov 14, 2005

Hillridge posted:

If you can get your hands on a hot air station, you can take ANYTHING off a SMT board very easily. I've never used the chip quik stuff, so I can't comment on it.

Chipquik works pretty well, I have used it to remove a flash chip from a broken MP3 player PCB I found by the road. I cleaned off the chipquik without a problem and reattached it to a breakout bord zo I could read off the data.

It stays molten for about 10 seconds giving you ample time to heat all the sides of a chip that you want loose, so big QFP's would work without a problem.