Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Blackish Sheep posted:

They really are. I did an SA Mart thread a couple years ago around the holidays and it was a blast. I actually just posted another thread right before I saw this but I think I'll participate anyway!

Yeah. I'm in for the thread/banner. I'd organize but I'm going to be out of town the end of November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:
I'd be interested in participating as well, though like the others here, I don't want to organize it. Between doing home renovation and working on stuff for my shop and local craft fairs, I don't have the energy to take on that responsibility! :v:

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I was in on the banner last year and I would do it again if it happens. To those using sites other than Etsy, how does your traffic compare to what you get on Etsy? I really want to open a shop up somewhere that doesn't have all the reselling that Etsy does, if it could be worth the time. I set up Zibbet and Storenvy shops last year, but I never saw much traffic.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Edit: never mind, we have discussed it more and decided maybe a Christmas rush isn't the best time to be figuring out how to use etsy/safely ship glass in addition to everything else going on right now.

KasioDiscoRock fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 1, 2014

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
I could manage organizing a banner and a sale thread this year. Though I'd need someone to make the actual ad we'd run as I've really no idea how to do anything other than a still banner (unless people are cool with no flashy stuff, then I can manage).

Just so you guys can make a call as to whether or not you think I'd be a good fit for that role, I would plan on:

Opening an SA Mart thread and reserving the first couple of posts for shop links
Collecting money through my paypal for a banner (every 30$ would get us a month for one ad)
Either design the banner, or submit the designed banner to SA for running
Editing in links for shops(you would have to provide me a banner and a link to your shop)

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I'd love to be apart of it again.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

flutterbyblue posted:

I could manage organizing a banner and a sale thread this year. Though I'd need someone to make the actual ad we'd run as I've really no idea how to do anything other than a still banner (unless people are cool with no flashy stuff, then I can manage).

Just so you guys can make a call as to whether or not you think I'd be a good fit for that role, I would plan on:

Opening an SA Mart thread and reserving the first couple of posts for shop links
Collecting money through my paypal for a banner (every 30$ would get us a month for one ad)
Either design the banner, or submit the designed banner to SA for running
Editing in links for shops(you would have to provide me a banner and a link to your shop)

I think I could outsource a banner of some sort. I'll pm you over the weekend.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'll see if I can whip one up. Any reference for what last year's looked like as a jumping-off point?

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I don't have pm's, so please contact me through my e-mail flutterbyblue [at] gmail.com. And I'm sorry, I don't have last year's banner handy (and no access to archives). But thank you both!

I believe one year we all submitted a couple pictures of product, but I don't really think we have time for that this season if we want to get a banner out sooner than later.

Also, if people want to start sending me funds for the purchase of the banner, my paypal is mountainmusings [at] gmail.com. Please don't send it as a gift. Once I get enough for a banner and we have a banner laid out I'll buy an ad. My goal is to have a thread up and an ad running before November 8th (though I will be a little silent until after the 4th due to hosting a Halloween party and my mom's birthday, which I am also hosting).

Edit: Once you send me funds, e-mail me a link to your shop and an imgur link to the banner you want me to use. If you do not want to design your own banner, I can design one for you, but it will be a very simple banner with your shop name on a solid color back ground. I am not a graphic designer, you have been warned. (You may also send me a copy of a banner if you want me to upload it to imgur myself).

Also, I will check my e-mail and this thread at least once a day. If you haven't heard from me in 24 hours, then either post here or (preferably) send me another e-mail.

flutterbyblue fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 31, 2014

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Tunicate posted:

I'll see if I can whip one up. Any reference for what last year's looked like as a jumping-off point?

It was images from the various etsy pages participating. I think I actually just grabbed a few from the websites. Some cheeky statement about "goon made gifts" or "You need awesome gifts for the Holidays"

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

^ Twas pretty awesome. I think I must be thinking about the year before.

Night Gaunt
Jan 9, 2007

I just want to make sure since I've never done this before: everyone pays $10 to be a part of the ad?

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Yep, and for every 30 I get I'll buy a new ad. There are discounts for buying more than one ad at a time and if they funds are there I'll do that, but mostly I'm going to focus on getting an ad for every 30$ I get.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Thank you for being willing to do the ad organising! My computer been down as a result of painting the computer room, but once it's back up I can email you the ad from last year and the shop info I posted in the thread if that helps.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I'll throw my girlfriend's shop into the banner ad thing. She has more jewelry and SALES. There are sales on things.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/lovelyrustic

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Thanks Solenna! That'd be awesome. Also, paypal me anytime. I've got funds from one goon already, which means we're just one away from the first banner, and if I have money from multiple people I can buy in a batch and get a bit of a discount.

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
I'd like to get in on this.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

We're good to go for at least one ad! Though I did forget to say if you've got a coupon code you'd like me to list or a shop description you'd like me to include, please let me know.

Sorry folks, you're going to have to bear with me a little since this is my first time managing the thread.

Ms. Cannibal
Apr 28, 2003

I'm totally in on this. Paypaling/emailing shortly!

And in case anyone wants to pop by now, my shop is: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MerideathX Take 15% off with code STAIRS15

Ms. Cannibal fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 2, 2014

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Emailed, paypalled, hooray! Big thanks for doing this.

Check me out at:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Tinyfelts

GOONS15 gets you 15% off.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Hey peeps! Due to time constraints on my end, I'll be launching the thread a little early (tomorrow, I'm planning) so I wanted to give everyone a heads up if they still wanted to get in before launch. You can join at any time though, just paypal me and I'll ad your info to the thread. If you need to get in touch with me about joining/banner/anything like that, please do so soon!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Emailed you and paypal is sent. Sorry for the delay- had to get through Halloween.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

The thread is live! Please feel free to e-mail me if you see something you want me to change about your listing, or if you decide you want to use a new banner. Also, feel free to post shop updates, new products or new coupon codes as you see fit. It's good to keep the thread bumped in legitimate ways.

People can still join if they're inclined! Just send me the 10$ and your info and I'll ad you to the thread. One more person and I can buy another banner! Two have been purchased but won't go into rotation until the 8th (I was trying to get as much prime holiday time as possible). But more banners means more coverage, so keep joining!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Thanks for doing this Flutterbyblue! You are the best :3:

Radio! fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 7, 2014

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Thank you for setting up the thread, it looks great! As a suggestion, for the reserved post you have, you might want to include some of the shipping cutoff dates for the USA, Canada and the UK.

Ooh and my coupon code is GOONYGOON for 20% off.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Good idea! I included those. The chart I found simplified it pretty well. I was surprised Canada and Europe were both the 12th.

Ms. Cannibal
Apr 28, 2003

Hooray, thanks for organizing!!!

:sits back and waits for the money to pour in:

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I would put a little blurb in the thread too to point back to this thread in case we attract any one new who is interested in joining up.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I linked back to this thread (good idea!) and we've got another goon who joined so now I can get a third banner. I'm thinking of waiting until the 14th or so to get it running though since I figure that way we can get more coverage into December and a good overlap with the Cybermonday/Black Friday sales thing.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

flutterbyblue posted:

The thread is live! Please feel free to e-mail me if you see something you want me to change about your listing, or if you decide you want to use a new banner. Also, feel free to post shop updates, new products or new coupon codes as you see fit. It's good to keep the thread bumped in legitimate ways.

People can still join if they're inclined! Just send me the 10$ and your info and I'll ad you to the thread. One more person and I can buy another banner! Two have been purchased but won't go into rotation until the 8th (I was trying to get as much prime holiday time as possible). But more banners means more coverage, so keep joining!

If I did made a banner and sent you money on behalf of my girlfriend, can I get her shop in on this even if she isn't a goon?

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I think that would be fine. I'd just list her as being your girlfriend under the "goon/lady goon" section. If nobody else minds I'll go ahead with it, but I could see how it might be an issue since she's not a goon herself. Thoughts goons?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

flutterbyblue posted:

I think that would be fine. I'd just list her as being your girlfriend under the "goon/lady goon" section. If nobody else minds I'll go ahead with it, but I could see how it might be an issue since she's not a goon herself. Thoughts goons?

I think it's cool. Why not? If Dear Richard wants to vouch for her or whatever.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Good enough for me. Send me the info and such Dear Richard!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

flutterbyblue posted:

Good enough for me. Send me the info and such Dear Richard!

Done and done.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Two new banners went into rotation today! As always, more people are welcome to join in. Send me your 10$ and I'll keep buying ads every time I get 30$.

Amaya
Aug 5, 2006

Paws up!

When is the cut off point? I need to swap some money to paypal.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

There isn't an established one. If you want to join, just send me the money and I will add your shop!

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

You can also sticky the thread at the top of SA-Mart for $5/day once there's a bunch of banners in rotation, it seems to fall off the first page pretty quickly.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Oh good to know! I didn't realize that was an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

We've got 4 banners in rotation now, so I was thinking per Solenna's great suggestion, maybe I should start holding the funds that come in toward stickying the thread over the weekend of Black Friday/Cybermonday (and longer if the money is there).