Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

decaf.tihs
Jul 15, 2005
tester
I just came back from seeing an advanced screening of the movie at the Lincoln Center IMAX in the the city. It's impressive all the way through, especially the shots from inside the crowd and overhead shots of the audience jumping in unison. One of the producers gave a short introduction beforehand, and mentioned that their technology and cameras is the first to allow zooming while filming in 3D, and they've managed to layer multiple 3D clips seamlessly without disorienting the viewer. I think this is a day to mark down in history - given a few more years to perfect the technology, it will certainly revolutionize cinema.

Funny to note that before the screening the Rottentomatoes rating was 91%, afterwards it was 96%. Definitely deserves the 9.3/10 on IMDb as well.

5/5

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0892375/ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/u2_3d/

Yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boating safety
Jan 3, 2001

Are you okay?
I had pretty high expectations for this considering all the reviews I read and how much they hyped it up, but in the end, I was very underwhelmed. There were only a few times where I was wowed by the 3D, the rest of the time I felt like I was just watching a DVD with some 3D elements. I feel like they could of done a lot more with it, I lost interest pretty fast. It wasn't bad by any means, it was new, very interesting, and mostly lots of fun, there just needed to be more effects to keep it exciting. Most people will disagree with me, at Rotten Tomatoes it's at a 98%, but my friends and I walked away pretty disappointed.

3/5

decaf.tihs
Jul 15, 2005
tester
no discussion

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zip flop
Feb 22, 2008
Just caught this tonight. I'm a rabid U2 fan so I definitely enjoyed it. However I've seen the full concert (several of the 3 or 4 they picked from in South America) and they left out some great selections that would've worked great in 3D.

The show was above average, but not the greatest.

The 3D was fantastic. It's definitely got some kinks to work out. It's not great for really fast motion, but holy hell on some of the slower camera pans you just want to reach out and grab them. They look like tiny real men playing in a large box in front of you.

Overall I would actually recommend it for casual or non-u2 fans. It's not too long, it's fast paced, the 3D is really fun and it's loving LOUD.

4/5