Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mr.Brinks
Apr 24, 2005
Welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising?

Yoshifan823 posted:

I see that no one has made a Facebook group. We need to make things like this, because this could help us in multiple ways. It'll get more people in the know concerning scientology, everyone and their mother has Facebook, and Facebook is kind of a media darling at this point in time, considering the recent Colbert primary bid, and how everyone started to talk about the Facebook group that got so many people. And we know how much those Facebook kids love to rally around a cause.

We'd need some links to websites like xenu.net, the Youtube videos, and maybe some instructions to the raids/poster ideas. If we can get college/high school kids involved in this, our numbers would be much larger. We'd need to inform about the whole "non-violence" thing, though.

I'm for this, but this would make everyone's face public, and would contradict the whole Anonymous movement. I would be willing to start one after the tenth, where it can be as if we have become aware of the movement only after the large, public demonstrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, so since this is the fastest moving thread on the internet, and I don't wish to catch up on over 10 pages of stuff, can someone please fill me in on what has happened in the past 11 or 12 hours?

Im working on a new revision of the business cards. I'll have them up shortly.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Yoshifan823 posted:

I see that no one has made a Facebook group. We need to make things like this, because this could help us in multiple ways. It'll get more people in the know concerning scientology, everyone and their mother has Facebook, and Facebook is kind of a media darling at this point in time, considering the recent Colbert primary bid, and how everyone started to talk about the Facebook group that got so many people. And we know how much those Facebook kids love to rally around a cause.

We'd need some links to websites like xenu.net, the Youtube videos, and maybe some instructions to the raids/poster ideas. If we can get college/high school kids involved in this, our numbers would be much larger. We'd need to inform about the whole "non-violence" thing, though.

There are 2 groups, both are linked on one of the sites.

StarvingRussian
Feb 6, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Would the total non-anonymity of facebook be a problem though? I mean it does sound good, but it gives the CoS people's names if they really want to go after them.

Edit: Beaten

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Yoshifan823 posted:

on the contrary... http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8692134295&ref=nf

^^anonymity isn't a problem because it isn't for any anonymous, it's for those who simply want to pledge their support

Peppermate fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 27, 2008

sakana
Feb 9, 2003

What the fuck is up with all those chicken strips?

Yoshifan823 posted:

Did you do a search for Scientology on Facebook? There's tons of anti-Scientology groups already.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
Along the lines of the Facebook thing, if someone were to start a LiveJournal community regarding the movement, you think it would get Goon attention?

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
If you want to show your friends on Facebook that you're supporting Anon without adding your name to a group you could always set your profile picture as this:

That's what I've done and quite a few people have asked me about it. Good way to get people interested.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

AdamGo posted:

This would be an oportune moment to organise a faux-test. I'm thinking a lot of bright yellow shirts with slogans such as "FREE BRAINWASHING HERE TODAY", "WHAT IS THE COST OF MY RELIGIONS LIES?", "SCIENTOLOGY EXPLOIT THE WEAK FOR MONEY, THEN BETRAY THEM", "My religion is based on badly written science fiction", "All hail Lord Xenu"

We could get quite a crowd going :)
A lot of people who protest Scientology don't understand it, and a lot of people in this thread don't either.

First of all $cientology is NOT a "religion" - Hubbard intentionally designed the business to seem like a church so that they wouldn't be subject to the same laws and regulations that doctors, therapists, or private businesses are. He knew from the outset that so long as they eventually got tax-exempt status (official recognition) the Co$ could forever hide behind the shields of freedom of speech and religion. Even referring to Scientology as a "religion" is to let them win. It is a scam, plain and simple.

To even discuss their right to exercise freedom of speech or religion is to lose - those are not the issues here. Scientology is a criminal organization and needs to be permanently exposed/destroyed for the good of humanity.

If you really want to troll $cientology and have some impact on people without feeding their "religious persecution" complex the best thing to do is give away their secrets. Scientology relies on an incremental scale of plausibility - when you first sign up they tell you it's about one thing, and as you spend more and more time and money on the "bridge to total freedom" they introduce weirder and weirder ideas. It is prohibited to discuss Scientology with other Scientologists (because everyone is at different levels/being fed different lies) and even knowing about upper-level Scientology without taking all the proper classes is supposed to destroy you.

Basically knowing about anything OTIII or above (xenu, body thetans) before you are supposed to will ruin you for Scientology - so why don't we educate them?

So really what people should be doing is ruining people for scientology by exposing them to their own lies, or at least discussing things in terms they understand. Handing out flyers about Lisa McPherson is one thing, but an actual educational pamphlet about the structure and dogma/beliefs of Scn would be more useful.

t-shirt idea

LRH IS THE REAL SP

Be Depressive fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 27, 2008

Captain Dave
May 10, 2007
Come in?

Yoshifan823 posted:

I see that no one has made a Facebook group.

A quick search for "scientology" under the group section has turfed up Anti-Scientology Sect (rear end) as the biggest group. I joined it and hope to rally together some Facebook kids with some of you guys' flyers and ideas.

FAKE EDIT:
I'm not sure I like the abbreviation :smith:

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Be Depressive posted:

A lot of people who protest Scientology don't understand it, and a lot of people in this thread don't either.

Hmm, after having kept up with this thread, it seems to me that people understand it completely and what you've said has been mentioned more than a few times.

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.

Captain Dave posted:

A quick search for "scientology" under the group section has turfed up Anti-Scientology Sect (rear end) as the biggest group. I joined it and hope to rally together some Facebook kids with some of you guys' flyers and ideas.

FAKE EDIT:
I'm not sure I like the abbreviation :smith:

I believe that there was an official group called "Anonymous' War Against Scientology" or something similar but it is no longer around. It had quite a view members but when I went back to join it the next day it was gone.

Grammar Stalin
May 6, 2007
I honestly have no idea whether this has been covered or not, because this thread is growing fast, and I've only read up to the first 30 pages or so, BUT, if any Goons want to support Anonymous, there are legitimate channels to go through.

You can call or email Prolexic, the company that provides DDos protection the Scientology's websites (1 (954) 620-6002 or http://www.prolexic.com/company/contactus/ ) and let them know that you're not a part of Anonymous, but a contributing member of society with legitimate concerns over CoS.

You can also write in to newspapers, magazines, and news stations (anonymously or under a pseudonym, if you're really paranoid) with facts about the Church, its practices, the Lisa McPerson case, etc., and present the same case: you're not some idiot hacker kid in your mom's basement getting a laugh out of loving with the Church, but a reasonable adult with real concerns over a large and dangerous cult.

David Cross once made a statement on the Daily Show that demonstrations are most effective when they involve a lot of "average" people, as opposed to extremists and other fringe elements. We can make up that average constituant, and mobilize more people into action, too. I know a few people mentioned their mothers and co-workers learning about the Church and being horrified; let's get more of that going.

Grammar Stalin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 27, 2008

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Sufficient posted:

Hmm, after having kept up with this thread, it seems to me that people understand it completely and what you've said has been mentioned more than a few times.

I think the point he was making is that even if people understand and object to Scientology, they still refer to it as a religion when it's really nothing of the sort.

I know I dismissed it as "just a kooky religion" before I read about their suppression and disconnection policies, litigious nature, tax exempt status and similar things. It's not a belief system but a carrot-and-stick pyramid scheme to gain wealth, power, and control.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The-Mole posted:

If you want to get the message out in a form that some more people will read, write a damning, credible email (with links to objective sounding sources) on scientology. Obviously don't make it too long.

Everyone has a parent/relative that forwards chain emails to everyone....

What is needed is a simple, effective image macro that can be inserted into the text. I can't tell you how many crap Fw:Fw:Fw: image macros I get a week. The Fw: crowd still really loves image macros. That, and crappy cartoons with songs that are "sung to the tune of" something else.

I hesitate to give the Fw: crowd any more content with which to mercilessly spam others, but I'm considering sending something to the worst Fw: offenders on my list---those few who sneak actual important messages in between the crap Fw: 's.

It's horrible when someone you really care about is a Fw:der because you can't just block them :(

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

quote:

ALSO, AS GOOD AS THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE AT REACHING THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT REACH THE WORLD IN GENERAL IF WE DO NOT WRITE TO OUR MEDIA OUTLETS. THEY'RE IFFY AS TO WHETHER OR NOT TAKE A SIDE, AND WE NEED TO CONVINCE THEM TO IF THIS IS TO GET ANY WHERE. DISTRIBUTING PAMPHLETS AND FLIERS IS FRANKLY SECONDARY

IF YOU WANT TO WRITE IN, HERE IS A FANTASTIC WRITEUP OF HOW TO:

1. WRITE UP A RELEASE UNIQUE TO YOU LOCATION, DO NOT USE A MASS PRODUCED PR THAT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER ONE. THIS PERSONALIZATION WILL HELP SHOW THAT WE ARE INDEED FAR REACHING AND WANT TO CONVEY THAT FACT. THE FACT THAT WE ARE NON-VIOLENT AND OUR ONLY GOAL IS TO DISMANTLE OR AT LEAST OUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR WHAT IT IS IS PARAMOUNT AND SHOULD BE STATED IN LAYMANS TERMS

2. INCLUDE DOX! THE STORY IS JUST THAT, A STORY. THERE NEEDS TO BE PROOF, SO GET SOME DOX AND PICK OUT A FEW GOOD PASSAGES, AND MAKE SURE TO INFORM THEM THAT THIS IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG AND THAT WE HAVE MUCH MORE

3. HUGELY GENERALIZED RETURN ADDRESS, DO NOT USE YOUR OWN, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND DO NOT LEAVE THE FIELD BLANK

4. IF YOU'RE REALLY AFRAID OF POSSIBLE REPERCUSSIONS (and it's not entirely unfounded if you include dox) WEAR SOME GODDAMN GLOVES WHENEVER YOU TOUCH THE PAPER, ENVELOPE, ETC

WE NEED YOUR HELP, AND THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU CAN DO

I know that making fliers is fun and potentially effective, but I really don't see it having the effect that writing in with dox etc to your local media outlets will have if they run the story. Please, if you're unsure of what you can do to help, follow those instructions and throw the media a bone

If you're unsure as to where to acquire said dox, they are fairly easy to come upon and Project Chanology may help you on your quest

Peppermate fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 27, 2008

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Guys, I have an idea for my next set of cards, but I need a certain picture. You know the Anon suit logo thing, right? What if we had the barcode part of that, with the word "anonymous" where the head would go, with something "business"-y, like a fedora or something, over the top?

I think I explained it badly, but I will post what I am thinking once I can find a decent front-on shot of a fedora. Google isn't being very helpful today.

Vhak, lord of hate
Jan 4, 2006

by Fragmaster

DarkHorse posted:

I think the point he was making is that even if people understand and object to Scientology, they still refer to it as a religion when it's really nothing of the sort.

I know I dismissed it as "just a kooky religion" before I read about their suppression and disconnection policies, litigious nature, tax exempt status and similar things. It's not a belief system but a carrot-and-stick pyramid scheme to gain wealth, power, and control.

On the other hand apparently some people gleam some amount of spiritual/personal fulfillment from some aspect of Scientology, after reading about it a bit I have no idea what the hell it could be but the whole point is that they shouldn't have to spend 300$ a book just to find that fulfillment when Bibles are handed out for free. If Scientologists kept exercising thetans or whatever but didn't charge a hefty fee to do so then a lot of my problems with them would be solved.

Kobalt
Mar 19, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Guys, I have an idea for my next set of cards, but I need a certain picture. You know the Anon suit logo thing, right? What if we had the barcode part of that, with the word "anonymous" where the head would go, with something "business"-y, like a fedora or something, over the top?

I think I explained it badly, but I will post what I am thinking once I can find a decent front-on shot of a fedora. Google isn't being very helpful today.

Are you thinking of the Red Hat logo?

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005
Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.”
-L. Ron Hubbard

I know this quote is nothing new, we've all seen it, but has it been placed in a flyer yet? It's certainly one of the most compelling pieces of text taken from Scientology's own internal sources.

edit: According to Chanology, there is a silent protest about to begin in NYC. I'm very interested in hearing how that turns out.

Zazamoot fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 27, 2008

Schmev
Mar 21, 2006

Stuck in a bowlhole
I was talking with a college friend of mine who I used to date last night about this thread and the phenomenon in general, and she got very defensive. I was a bit puzzled and it took me a minute or two to get it out of her, but apparently her grandmother was LRH's loving personal assistant in the late 40s early 50s. SHE WAS HIS PERSONAL AUDITOR AS WELL. Man my head nearly exploded. She even has the certificate she received after she went through 'auditor school' or whatever. Absolutely bizarre.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
About the camera issue: How effective would the use of Laser pointers be. If enough people have them and are constantly pointing them at Video and Still cameras, that would leave them with at worst very little to stalk off of, and at best ruin the cameras.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Sufficient posted:

well there's a lot of people in the thread :awesome:

I was kind of specifically saying slogans like "WHAT IS THE COST OF MY RELIGIONS LIES?" or "SCIENTOLOGY EXPLOIT THE WEAK FOR MONEY, THEN BETRAY THEM" wouldn't really mean anything to a Scientologist and that by understanding them better we can come up with better t-shirt slogans. Also a lot of people were using the word "religion" and I cringe when I see that in the same sentence as "Scientology" because they fought so hard to be recognized as a religion and by doing so one is providing them with a small ideological victory.

What I'm working on is a text for a flyer that lays out how it works - what ideas they use to lure people in and how it gradually progresses into crazier stuff, exactly what that crazy stuff is (ie not just the xenu story but what it means in relation to everything else) and why people fall for it - all in one page. I've been talking to people about this at parties for years so I'll just condense my rant into flyer form to pass out.

Is anybody going to protest Flag Land Base in Clearwater? I live in Gainesville - I'll round up some friends and drive there.

better t-shirt idea: WHY IS THERE A VOLCANO ON THE COVER OF DIANETICS?

Be Depressive fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 27, 2008

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Vhak, lord of hate posted:

On the other hand apparently some people gleam some amount of spiritual/personal fulfillment from some aspect of Scientology, after reading about it a bit I have no idea what the hell it could be but the whole point is that they shouldn't have to spend 300$ a book just to find that fulfillment when Bibles are handed out for free. If Scientologists kept exercising thetans or whatever but didn't charge a hefty fee to do so then a lot of my problems with them would be solved.
Fair enough. I keep seeing this disconnect when people are talking about Scientology (the followers) and Scientology (the leaders) and I just fell prey to it as well.

I cannot fathom how an organization can claim copywright and patent law on all these documents, make an exorbitant profit off of them, AND claim tax-exempt status. I know they're not mutually exclusive, but it's preposterous to me how much money is flowing around and evading the usual taxation laws.

Commissions on supposed Church donations?! How does that even work? :psyduck:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Crain posted:

About the camera issue: How effective would the use of Laser pointers be. If enough people have them and are constantly pointing them at Video and Still cameras, that would leave them with at worst very little to stalk off of, and at best ruin the cameras.

I think you would want to be very, very cautious about doing that. All you would need to do would be to accidentally get someone in the eye to create exactly the kind of 'Scientology v. Violent Protesters' scenario or potential lawsuit that CoS would love to do.

CoS filming protests will only be a problem if the protesters do anything violent or illegal, thus providing CoS with propaganda, or if the protesters don't take steps to conceal their identity, which is relatively easy to do.

jvnorris
Jul 9, 2007
Which one of you stole my Internets
I see alot of their workers/slave/zombies running around in yellow Co$ shirts that say "Something can be done"

We need a nice yellow shirt with the Scifags logo on it and crossed out that says "Something SHOULD be done"

Harder
Mar 22, 2006

by Ozma

Rudy Kadett posted:

I was just thinking, somebody should try and keep an "archive" of this whole thing (sorry, I'm a historian in training). I've been downloading webpages and fliers and stuff but I'm sure we goons, as a collective, could do a good job of saving all this wonderful material for the future. Maybe put it all on FPT or some website later on?

And is it just me or is this whole thing making goons extremely, unusually friendly? I mean this thread is practically devoid of the usual GBS fuckery.

I am working on this unfortunately I just lost all of my work so far.

If anyone has a complilation of links (news articles and movies); it would really help me get back on my feet.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I don't think I saw this posted, but I believe Anon's planning their next thing for 1/30 at 6 pm.

Here's a quote from the forum:

quote:

1/18/08, 1/21/08, and 1/24/08 were HUGE successes anon.

Anon needs to regroup and re-attack at a designated, publicized time.

Time for the 4th wave is going to be

1/30/08

6 PM EST

Your main job now, Anon, is to ADVERTISE THIS DATE EVERYWHERE,
do it on the EBAUMSWORLDs, forums, ircs, chans... anywhere you can. Everyone has to pitch in and make sure that the entire internet knows.

If this was a bad idea, please please let me know quickly and I'll change it.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I'd say this video has already been posted but it's very informative while pretty creepy at the same time. It's also NOT WORK SAFE.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU

Rudy Kadett
Oct 22, 2007

Harder posted:

I am working on this unfortunately I just lost all of my work so far.

If anyone has a complilation of links (news articles and movies); it would really help me get back on my feet.

I think the guy you need is

Hopper posted:

I am compiling a list of links and videos mentioned in this post.
Currently I am only up to page 4 but I just started. When I have a significant amount of links I will "publish" a work in progress here or on enturbulation or wherever for easy access to links.

(I will leave out insignificant stuff like the 5000$ reward IP list or should I not?)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Schmev posted:

I was talking with a college friend of mine who I used to date last night about this thread and the phenomenon in general, and she got very defensive. I was a bit puzzled and it took me a minute or two to get it out of her, but apparently her grandmother was LRH's loving personal assistant in the late 40s early 50s. SHE WAS HIS PERSONAL AUDITOR AS WELL. Man my head nearly exploded. She even has the certificate she received after she went through 'auditor school' or whatever. Absolutely bizarre.

Oh poo poo, get her to go through her grandma's attic like NOW.

heeen
May 14, 2005

CAT NEVER STOPS
I received an amazon package on Friday which contained a coupon for 250 business cards for a mere 2.50 EUR and I'm contemplating to just order a anonymous design just for the hell of it. However there are no churches near me here in Germany, the next is in Munich. I think mailing the card in an otherwise empty envelope would be striking, but I fear it might get thrown in the trash by the first secretary to open it.
What I wanted to say is, check whether you can find similar offers in your country, apparently business cards can be pretty cheap.

Curiouser
Aug 1, 2007

YOU WILL ELECT OBAMA OR I'LL MAKE YOU ALL SORRY

Be Depressive posted:

well there's a lot of people in the thread :awesome:

I was kind of specifically saying slogans like "WHAT IS THE COST OF MY RELIGIONS LIES?" or "SCIENTOLOGY EXPLOIT THE WEAK FOR MONEY, THEN BETRAY THEM" wouldn't really mean anything to a Scientologist and that by understanding them better we can come up with better t-shirt slogans.
You are NOT going to get through to a Scientologist, and especially not one deep enough in to be interacting with the picketers. Let go of the idea. It's a distraction from educating the general public about scientology as a life-destroying criminal organization.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Atlagev posted:

To be fair, this is in Clearwater, Florida. That's the belly of the beast... I think everyone is afraid to go there to protest. :tinfoil:
I'd go there if this picked up enough steam from 2/10 that a significant turnout (more than 10-15) could be counted on. Clearwater and LA are pretty much the ideal scenes for a coup de grace and shouldn't be treated as light targets.

If anyone within reasonable distance of Central Florida wants to march into Hell, make sure Anonymous gains ground on the smaller marks.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Anarchist posted:

I REALLY like the second one, but for Googling to be effective you'd have to spell Lisa McPherson correctly. Also, the last line would look better as "Question Scientoloy." than "Question scientology"

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 27, 2008

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.
The day after I discovered this thread, everyone at work was talking about Scientology, Cruise, and anonymous. Mostly people who aren't goons or chan-ers. They were pretty positive about the whole thing. I hope it gains momentum in the mainstream.

Cynnik
Nov 19, 2002

this seems all too familiar

Yoshifan823 posted:

I see that no one has made a Facebook group.

Yeah. This is a great idea! :rolleyes:

jvnorris
Jul 9, 2007
Which one of you stole my Internets
I believe things will defiantly pick up once everyone wakes up from the weekend and sees whats gone on. Monday may be an interesting day. Scifags will prob wait till then when their weekend of partying and doing coke off of little boys are over. then they will start to play hardball and take us seriously.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006

Vhak, lord of hate posted:

On the other hand apparently some people gleam some amount of spiritual/personal fulfillment from some aspect of Scientology, after reading about it a bit I have no idea what the hell it could be..
Very early on, through a series of "exercises" called Training Routines, you learn to dissociate (zone out, enter alpha state, self-hypnosis) when doing $cientology work, and this can apparently be very pleasurable. Auditing is supposed to be a very emotional experience. Also it gives people a mission in life (albeit a crazy science fictional one) which can be a very powerful thing.

The further you progress in Scientology, however, the more destructive the program becomes. I think LRH designed it to intentionally drive people crazy, just push them until they have a psychotic break, and then reattribute it as a religious experience, over and over, until the poor sucker is dead or broke. He knew what he was doing. Usually the break occurs around the "wall of fire" of OTIII or after OTVII when you are basically sitting in a room auditing the imaginary invisible ghosts of dead aliens to save the world.

Be Depressive fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlagev
Jan 22, 2008

the Awesome One posted:

Exactly. Not responding to any of their bullshit seems to be the easiest way. Also, all operatives should watch those videos, just to get to know their harrasment tactics, and to be prepared for major trolling. It's way easier to not to loose your temper when you know you're being trolled and you're prepared.

And how about using their own tactics? Like attacking them in discussion, instead of defending yourself? For example: respond to everything they say with questions, like "why did they murder Lisa McPherson" or "Why did they try to infiltrate goverment". If they try to avoid the question by bulshitting you, ask again. Repeat the question many times if needed. Don't let them answer, don't go into any discussion, just calmy keep attacking with qestions like this. Make some personal attacks, but nothing that would make you arrested. Do not tell them they suck horse dicks, be more subtle, like "how such intelligent person like yourself got brainwashed so easily?" or "how can you support organisatoin that acted against your own country"?

I think the best idea is to ignore them, or, failing that, if you really feel you need to engage in debate with them, follow Andreas Heldal-Lund's lead (founder of Operation Clambake, xenu.net):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8303117314476291354

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6984606438461571045

Absolutely calm, eloquent, focusing on the issues he has with the CoS, and never letting himself get baited into shouting or personal attacks.

Also, to echo everyone else, Anarchist's second design is *awesome*. :-) I might add "Operation Freakout" to the list at the bottom, though. Also, the fonts at the top of the page could be bigger, simply to make it easy to read at a glance. Best idea I've seen so far as far as design, though.