Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
I don't know about you guys, but the Pizza Delivery for Lisa McPherson made me cackle like a madwoman.

Although I haven't gone any further than sticking flyers into Dianetics copies (in fact, I just did so today :v: ), God Bless Anon for being brave enough to protest in the most epic way.

Also, I told my English teacher about the Xenu story. Poor thing has a brother in law in th CoS. She interrupted me half-way through and asked if it was a joke, but when I told her it was real, you could just see the :smith: look on her face. I gave her a hug, and I hope her brother in law gets out before it gets bad.

Queenie Z fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
I'm trying to make a series of flyers for Goons and Anon alike to print and share. I was thinking of making one with one of Lisa McPherson's autopsy photos. Would this be too distasteful, or would it be an effective tactic?

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

BeastUK posted:

Here's another unfortunate event that the media are probably going to work into the story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/25/whack125.xml

Please, Anon couldn't possibly pull something like that off even if they wanted to.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Game_Whino posted:

I plan to distribute info on Scientology to some of the local churches (and I'll be trying to contact the Missouri Lutheran Synod as well) It has been my experience that they are VERY good at stirring poo poo up, especially if said poo poo has to do with dangerous cults that may try to recruit their followers.

The problem is, there's just so damned MUCH damning data. Aside from the cross thing, what should I send them? (I've got the documents that have been posted)

Emphasize that Scientology's claims to be compatible with Christianity is a flat out lie, and point out the glaring contradiction between the biblical fall of man and the Xenu story to support this.

As a Baptist myself, Scientology's blasphemous excuse for a religion makes my blood boil. Religion was created as a way for people to find hope and answers in an imperfect world, and those who would use faith in anything as a weapon disgrace the very foundation of religion itself. So great job getting the real religions in on this!

Also, for the record, I attend one of the largest and most attended protestant churches in our area (think big, loud, modern rock-concert services with thousands of people attending every service), so I may try to get in touch with our pastor about possibly helping spread awareness. Plus, my mother founded the special needs ministry (and I've done quite a bit of volunteer work there myself), so he might just take me seriously.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Jesus, that Youth for Human Rights video brought a tear to my eye. Saddening to know it's a Co$ front :smith:

Wait... it was!? :gonk:

Christ, I almost thought it was legit. "All children are free and equal, except the ones we tear away from their families and strip of their childhood!" :suicide:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Moot . posted:

I've been following this thread since it was 3 pages long. 49 pages later and it has digressed to making cut-and-paste anti-scientologist propaganda. Has anyone actually put any of these "posters" up in a place where they would be effective? I think if you're going to make these posters/fliers/stencils/whatever you should at least take a picture where *someone* has put one up in public where people will notice it, rather than on some obscure forum that the general public has no idea about. That is if you really mean what you say. If you just really enjoy typing words and pasting pictures into MSPaint then by all means, keep doing so.

I placed fliers in bookstores and all throughout the music/theater department on campus.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

GringoGrande posted:

Edmonton Sun's article is pretty good. Hopefully it hasn't been posted before.

Edmonton Sun posted:

Yvette Shank, a spokesman for the Church of Scientology, told Sun Media that the church doesn’t “give a drat” if the group is responsible for the Internet disruption.

“We have our books. We have our people. And we can speak,” Shank said from Toronto.

Ooo, look who thinks he's all high and mighty! :v:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

UScr00ge posted:

Has anyone thought to print out smaller versions of the flyers and put them inside the pages of Scientology-related books at bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Books a Million? That way people at the store who are browsing Dionetics find a little surprise inside.

I actually did that; but the maximum number of copies of Dianetics I've seen in stock is 2. It's obviously not a very big seller outside of Scieno handouts and booths.

Edit because tired = no spel gud

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

quote:

Have you ever smothered a baby?

Seriously, is this like the Silent Hill entrance exams or something? Maybe if he had listened to L. Ron, James wouldn't have killed his wife. :(

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Jesto posted:

I'm curious - how legal would it be to try and find out the names of all of Scientology's lawyers and other non-Scientologist staff, to put up fliers around their town with (NAME): (Profession) for Scientology. (stuff to google or claims against Scientology here)? I'm sure not all their lawyers actually believe the poo poo they sell, they're just hired hands.

If they're going to sell their soul to the devil for an easy paycheck they shouldn't be able to keep it a secret in their communities and on the internet. Actually, just getting all their lawyers names up online would be decent enough just to have a list of who the evil, greedy fuckers are.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. The CoS does the exact same thing to their critics, plus they could try to sue you for libel or something.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
There's a Christian radio station in my area that has done stories on Scientology and the stories of ex-Scientologists before. That was actually where I first heard about the cult (Mom and I were listening to it in the car one day a few years ago) and although it had a Christian spin on it (how the ex-Scieno came to Christ, etc.) it still had some very chilling personal accounts and was all around informative and well done. I'll try to contact them about looking into providing more information about the cult - it'll definitely reach the Christians in North Texas and would provide a pretty good asset in spreading the word throughout the common community.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

skander posted:

Jonestown. Jamestown was the first permanent English settlement in North America. As CaptMrWill said, mass suicide stops the cashflow. Their isolation techniques, et cetera are right there with Mr. Jones' People's Temple and other such cults, though.

Could the US government bring RICO charges against them?

'Jesus=Pedo' is the hook that gets the Christians to pay attention in the first place.

I'm a Christian and I've been paying attention long before I ever heard the OTVIII documents.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

skander posted:

Sure, but many Christians have not been. The folks I've been talking to really didn't have much opinion outside of 'Yeah, we've heard they were bad'. But OTVIII really got them fired up, and now they are interested in spreading the word and taking action. Pointing out the use of a cross has been quite successful, even without the Jesus/pedo part.

As I've said, you need a good hook or it goes right past.

Sorry, it just sounded to me like y'all were saying that Christians don't care about the deaths, the brainwashing, the abuse, etc. etc. \/:shobon:\/ I do agree that the OTVIII text is a good eyecatch, though.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
So you know the Scieno CD they released, right?

http://theroadtofreedom.ytmnd.com/

This is worse than most Christian music. My ears. :gonk:

In unrelated news, I'm going to be using the term "goof the floof" as often as I can from now on.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Mozzie posted:

In the words of Anonymous, "SAUCE PLZ".

Seriously, is that an actual gathering? Please say yes.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
If you guys get harassed and catch it on video, send them to news outlets, and hopefully they'll show just how violent Scienos really get.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
I think we should get more people to contact their state representatives once they know the true face of the church.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

For the US, you can find your states representatives and contact them here. I'll be sending something to both Texas senators shortly.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
Just so you guys know, I want to go to the Austin protest. I want to buy a Guy Fawkes mask and stand in the cold hading out fliers. But, alas, I'm only 17, and my parents were all "HAHAHA no" to the entire idea.

But I'll keep putting fliers around my college campus (yay duel credit?) and around the places I go to eat and stuff. I'll be doing what I can from the homefront and praying for everyone's safety on the front lines. Good luck, and Xenu Bless.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Rudy Kadett posted:

I was wondering to what extent the ideas and information on this forum/thread is shared with Anon? I'm guessing a lot of you guys are on the IRC channels or something like that, but is Anonymous considering this kind of advice?

The protesting guidelines posted a few pages back are on the partyvan wiki page.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
Along the lines of the Facebook thing, if someone were to start a LiveJournal community regarding the movement, you think it would get Goon attention?

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Darth Freddy posted:

Has any one started up some my space or face book bulletins/groups yet? I want to be able to help but I am in a small area where no one knows or even cares about. Of course this is West Texas so the scifags may just be to scared to get shot or something along those lines.

Sup, I've got family over there :hfive:

A Facebook group was posted on the last page methinks.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

the Awesome One posted:

That is an amazing idea. Not only will it bring the attention of the media, but also number of protesters will skyrocket- anon would not miss the chance to see a naked woman whose name doesn't end with .jpg.

And then said women would be arrested for indecent exposure! :downsbravo:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Influence Device posted:

Digg just hellbanned/censored every scientology related article from the digg frontpage, no matter how many diggs it gets. Now, no article related to this raid will make the frontpage on digg. This is bad for the momentum of protests.

This can't be good. :tinfoil:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Wow, way to completely miss the point of the whole movement. :rolleyes:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
I'm semi-fluent in Spanish, although there are probably Spain/Mexigoons that are more qualified than I am. I wouldn't help at all in the Japanese translation since I only know enough to be 1/3 of a lame weeaboo.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Lemonus posted:

Even if there is no differance, there will always be lulz.

Isn't that bannable?

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

ManMythLegend posted:

More fliers. I aimed these at the younger college crowd. Black and white should make them easy to produce.

I love these, just FYI. I just can't decide which fliers I want to use tomorrow...!

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Mozzie posted:

FYI guys, time to send phone calls, faxes and emails to your local news stations.

NBC5i has been notified. :v:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

SilverHorse posted:

BlogTalkRadio has now mentioned Anonymous and the movement. The host said godspeed to us.

Listening right now. They were talking about L. Ron's racist remarks and got a very awesome stuttering middle-aged guy to support our cause. :bravo:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Peal posted:

Is there anything happening in Australia regarding this?

They've got a site for the Melbourne protest.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Mellomeh posted:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/01/scientologists-bring-in-fed-big-boys-to-squash-internet-atta.php

Don't think this got posted yet. I don't know how reliable this source is.

I'm not entirely convinced myself.

Hahaha, oh WOW, Scientology. You can't say they're interfering with your "business" and then go back and claim freedom of religion.

Which one are you, Scientology - a business, or a religion? You seem to be rather split on that.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Roteaugen posted:

how infiltrated is the ACLU?

I wouldn't count on them. Maybe I'm just biased, but they might just side with the Scienos to protect their rights to their "religion". After all, they try to get Christian symbols banned in public yet they defend a Sikh's right to wear ceremonial daggers. :psyduck:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

iamyourgoldfish posted:

I stopped following the thread around page 60-something, but I saw a whole fuckload of flyers around work today, in a lot of high-traffic areas.

Great job and great coverage guys.

That, right there? Is awesome. :D

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Bored As gently caress posted:

Since the whole protest/march 10th of February thing is based around the theme of Guy Fawkes/V For Vendetta, I tried to come up with a little rhyme.

Remember, remember, the 10th of February
The Scientology march and protest
I see no reason
Why Scientology’s treason
Should forever remain unaddressed

What do you guys think?

There's already one.

Be very wary of the Tenth of February
Dianetics, treason, and plot
I see no reason
Why Scientology's crimes
Should ever be forgot

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

ShadowCatboy posted:

That's a grossly oversimplified and naive perspective of the ACLU.

The ACLU strictly adheres to Constitutional law, and from that they protect the individual so that his rights aren't steamrolled over by the government. They don't give a poo poo who you are or what religion you follow, just so long as it follows the formula of "X can practice Y religion openly and independently without interference from the government," and "A government institution cannot show preferential support of Y religion or coerce others to do so."

This is why they protect Fred Phelps' individual rights of religion and free speech while at the same time take down religious monuments in public spaces. It's not self-contradictory in the slightest.

Sorry, I'm just pissed because I recently talked to a girl who said this:

:j: "Pffft Scientology is just as much of a terrorist group as the UCLA..."

:psyduck: "ACLU. What, why?"

:j: "Oh right ACLU. They sue you if you call someone 'black' instead of 'African American' and stuff."

:psyduck: "What the gently caress are you talking about?"

:j: "You just don't get the analogy. So yeah who cares about Scientology."

:psyduck: "..."

I'm also, admittedly, a little biased since I'm a Christian. But I don't think that a religious monument in public makes the government preferential to one religion over another. Just because the Ten Commandments are up in public doesn't mean that the government is going to make things easier for Jews and Christians and harder for other faiths. It just feels like they're all, "We support freedom of every religion! ...Except Christians because they're the oppressive majority! :v:". I mean, come on, didn't they get a kid in trouble for passing out candy canes with descriptions of their religious significance? Or am I thinking of something totally different?

Also, that girl is an idiot. :downs:

EDIT: The insurgency wiki is up again.

Queenie Z fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 29, 2008

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Would you, as a Christian, feel comfortable going to traffic court with a judge who has a display dedicated to his faith in the resurrecting power of Satan? How about going to the DMV and filling out your license renewal form next to a stack of scientology pamphlets because the director of public safety happens to be an OTVII?

If you're cool with all that and more, then yes, I can see why you'd be okay with the 10 commandments. Personally that sort of thing would make me nervous.

I wonder how many channers they're going to catch? I'm sure the smart ones will get away with it, but there have to have been plenty who only half read the instructions for their scripts and left a very visible trail to follow.

You have a point; it's very hard to say... still, I think there's a bit of a bias against Christians among more liberal circles, and that makes me more uncomfortable than any public religious symbol. (Holiday tree, seriously? :raise: )

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Roteaugen posted:

For I am inexperienced in this field; someone needs to capture this show... or at least the scientology part.

I am willing to do the gruntwork on saving/editing if only I can be directed to a program I can use to capture streaming audio feed. (yes I realize this may sound retarded)

@ MisterEuroPride: Well, they've got nothing to hide, right? :jerkbag:

If your computer supports line-in audio, Audacity is a great program to use.

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

Curiouser posted:

Maybe that rewording'd clear it up for you. ;)

Anyway, the ACLU will almost certainly assist with advice how to conduct a legal protest, and is absolutely the first number you should call if you or another protestor is arrested for conduct within the law or within your constitutional rights.

Hell the ACLU might even take the side of the Freezoners. Copyright law should not stand between a man and his faith, and withholding articles of a man's faith from him by way of copyright law may actually be unconstitutional.

Ah, I see. I was thinking more along the lines of a restaurant that has a "God Bless" floor mat or a little Buddhist shrine or something (I see those things at Vietnamese places all the time; they're kind of cute, you know :3: ). Forgive me; I'm sick as a dog right now and haven't been thinking clearly. :sweatdrop:

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma

That... is... beautiful. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queenie Z
Sep 13, 2006

by Ozma
Is there an event in Winnipeg on the tenth? I have a friend interested in protesting there.