Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
It seems like taking down 711, partyvan, and even causing a panic in the IRC hasn't slowed, or even damaged this in the slightest. I'd care to wager, that you could utterly decimate the chan presence on the surface, and that'd do nothing to communications...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

minute posted:

Oh boy. Videos like these are only going to undermine efforts to be taken seriously.

gently caress me, they're calling on goons too?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

e-, pm me.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Game_Whino posted:

I plan to distribute info on Scientology to some of the local churches (and I'll be trying to contact the Missouri Lutheran Synod as well) It has been my experience that they are VERY good at stirring poo poo up, especially if said poo poo has to do with dangerous cults that may try to recruit their followers.

The problem is, there's just so damned MUCH damning data. Aside from the cross thing, what should I send them? (I've got the documents that have been posted)

I'd wager the "Jesus was a pedo" thing out of OT8 should do a good job.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

40 OZ posted:

The 711Chan hack is pretty interesting.

They claim to be offended at the notion that Anonymous is a elite group of hackers, when I have never heard Anon claim to be that at all. Actually, I can't think of absolutely anything that would give them that idea, given their tactics.

Hell, Anon hasn't even claimed to be hackers at all. The farthest they've gone is noting that it's up to them to help lift a(nother) cloud of oppression from humanity.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

McBeth posted:

So as far as handing out fliers during protests, what is the consensus on having their copyrighted stuff on them, the cross, quotes from 'jesus was a pedo', etc? Can we get in trouble for that? <-- not counting the potential for a civil suit.

If the co$ did try and take a protester to court for anything new you can bet the channers would harass the poo poo out of them ala Lori Drew

Goddamn I love how this thread went from 'I'm just going to sit back and watch this thing' to 'here's how I'm going to help..'

I think that's mostly due to a fair deal of goons saying 'alright, that's it, gently caress scientology'

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Zo posted:

Aww, there was a toronto gathering? I'm a short ride away from yonge, could've gone and seen it at least.

Zo, i have a thread for this up in GAG, as well i think us TO goons + some anons should do something on the 10th.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

It really just seems to be a battle of two evils; i'm just picking the side that seems less evil. Also, those little stickers could be beautiful. Attach a makeshift dispenser to a poster, and watch them attach everywhere.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Alright. Come monday, i'll drop a few "Support Anon in the war against the Church of Scientology. Sign but an X" posters around my college monday, along with the insigna at bottom. Perhaps with a few pointers on who, what, why and how.

I was thinking something along the lines of the credo, with a blanked space to sign but an X in support. But it's not as catchy as the gold which you other goons've been producing

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Ola Ugh posted:

Does anyone have good recap on this whole thing? How the whole thing started, whats happened, and what is going on now? With links to the youtube videoes, news articles, LRH quotes and everything.

If there is, I will translate it and post it on the norwegian forums I am on. I cant go, but I wanna try to get people to protest at the Cos in Oslo.
If there isn't I'll write something, but there are better writers here and people with more knowledge.

Check out Project Chanology on the Insurgency Wiki, http://partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology , as well as what encyclopaedia dramatica has to offer http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Well, you weren't loving kidding.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, I love all the fliers, but has anyone tried making a business card to hand out? I figure that at these demonstration things, it might be a decent idea to hand out fliers to regular people, and business cards to local stores and guys in suits who arent trying to sue you and have you arrested.

I figure it could just have the Anonymous suit logo thingy, and their motto on the front, and on the back, some quick URLs to look up. The point of them being that they would be easier to hold onto and they look way more official than a flier.

I might try my hand at making one, but I make no promises of quality, as MSpaint is all I have.

Actually, a buisness card would be grand.

Have the Anon logo at the left, taking it's entirety. Next to it, lines of

Anonymous
"We Are your SP"
<website>

Or better yet, make specific cards for the people who died.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

grrowl posted:

Keep in mind in some places (with Patriot Act and his regional buddies) if a cop asks for your ID or details you might have to give it to them. Giving them this kind of business card instead could land you in some hot water. It's a good idea for the scifags and people you're handing the flyers out to, but make sure you can't be arrested for anything because some cops might be looking for any excuse.

Anon has been harassing Tom Green for months and months and months. Here things like :awesome: got beat into the ground and everyone hated it, but on most chans the whole style of posting is copypasting, and applying the same memes to different situations. If it's funny, it'll keep going, and now they they're getting so much attention there's no way they'll give up any time soon.

We're Canadain, so gently caress the patriot act. If somebody whips up a buisness card that i like, PM it to me, (or failing Plat, AIM me, it's in the profile) it'll get you Plat if you don't have it.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Ok, I whipped up some quick ideas for a business card. Let me know what you think, and suggest any ideas you have. I made them as simple and easy to read as possible, but I'm sure they could be improved greatly. The first one is my original idea, the other two were suggested or inspired by the thread.

Also I have no idea if those are "proper" business card dimensions. I took a guess at that.

I figure that on the back, you could put various appropriate links to the relevant site for the lazy ones who don't want to use Google.

I like these, but including anon's mantra makes it seem... a little creepy and cultish in itself. MisterEuroPride dropped me a card idea , the text from whom "i am just a voice in the crowd" i think would go wonderfully underneath the anonymous logo/blackbar. Give the front/back of the card one of those black borders that's like a mm from the edge, and it would be golden. Plus, when you see the voice on the front, you'll be compelled to flip to the back.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 27, 2008

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Alright, once we have the cards finalized, i'll pitch them to the protests. Just another item to help spread the word.

Also, you guys realize that (afaik) this is basically the first electronic war, of citizens versus an organization, on a scale...

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Jack Does Jihad posted:

How much this matters may depend on the amount of people who show up to protest.

It is an interesting, exciting thought, though.

Yeah, which means, if by some miracle, every local protest has a decent presence, in a way, it's a globalized, decentralized, nonviolent information war.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

mag posted:

A quick business card design too. Would work nicely with one of the designs Blood Holly posted on the front.

Edit: It is in the same 2 x 3.5 dimensions as well.

gently caress you, that is incredible. I mean like game-breakingly-overpowered incredible.

Buisness cards have another very, very, VERY large advantage. They can be planted, any time, any where. Retail boxes with an open flap? Card. Small display of them in a professional office? Card. Under the door, in your wiper, slipped into cracks? Cards. Viral, we've found a way.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 27, 2008

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

What's actually scaring me right now is if you read the partyvan entries on Project Chanology, they've gone from 4chan lovechild to professionally written, almost ratafied code.

40 OZ posted:

They've already been dealt with:

http://www.regimeorder.com/

Well, i woke half the house up with laughter. That nice little frontend page makes me think of the way you'd casually backhand an animal with that "oh gently caress off" look.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 27, 2008

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Coffee Quack posted:

A less direct approach would be to attach simpler, more dramatic printouts/cards to corkboards, like at coffee shops and sometimes malls and shopping centres, schools.

Something to make people curious more than directly inform.

Every little bit helps.

There are also the No LRH stickers. These may be one of the most effective methods of spreading. Know how you see those drat peta2 stickers everywhere half the time? Well, provided we hand those little stickers out to a bunch of scene kids, and tell them a few simple facts, i say give it a week before they're EVERYWHERE.

toadee posted:

Jesus loving christ they put his SSN up. Hah.

\/\/
\/\/

Well, they have his wife's up. His is in the toobz, the site'd say.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jan 27, 2008

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Bloody Holly posted:

Is there any specific material I can reference that exposes the Co$ as anti-homosexual? I've heard that they are, but not with a source to back it up. If this is true that is one more (very outspoken) community who is directly negatively affected by the Co$ who should know about it.

Indeed. If we can find a link in the canon; real hard proof, then we should be able to call another faction to the flame. As it stands, the involvement of other faiths, plus a couple of civil rights groups, would bring huge influxes of numbers into this, too...

general chaos posted:

I used to be a street performer - I have a mildly amusing street juggling and magic act that can sometimes draw a crowd.

Instead of leaving a hat open for donations, I will be handing out business cards to anyone who will take them.

Would someone please make something less "hax the gibson" and more "please call your congressman and inform them about the actions of this dangerous cult"? Hell, a URL with information like that would be wondrous. Hell, if enturbulate.org would have information like that up, I would gladly wear it on a shirt.

I think I'm covered, legally speaking, and there are no Scientology centers in my area so I'm safe from any enturbulation.

The card that's there now is pretty drat good, but i say wait 'til morning so we can see how it can improve farther. We CAN have two links per card, or have two seperate strains, one for the whyaretheydead and another for enturbulate.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 27, 2008

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

lilljonas posted:

I am not a part of any chan. I am not a part of Anon. I have not used any DDos stuff. I don't condone vandalism or vigilantes, only picket lines and flyers. I am not handpicking laws. I am only condoning spreading information about CoS. You don't need to be a part of Chanology to want to stick it to the CoS fuckers.

This is just what Mark talked about : if legal courses such as flyers, pickets and calling congressmen are used instead of the scriptkiddie way, it will look far worse for CoS one year from now.

EDIT: and way to not read the loving thread, even if it is long. At what part did it come up that we were all going to join the chans in a happy peddo party? Please, I'd like to see that quote. I you did some research, you would see what CoS like to do with un-masked protesters. In fact, goons handing out flyers have been stalked already. That's why a lot of people are a bit uncertain about going without something to make them harder to recognize. If CoS wasn't involved in terrorizing people handing out flyers, masks would not be an issue.

It's been said before, too, that this is siding with the lesser of two evils. We're just staying the gently caress out of the illegal portions of it. (Why besmirch the name of SA when you can get some quality political work done legally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hopper posted:

Hooooly poo poo

Add it to the Insurgency Wiki as a "content index" or something when you're done :D

neogeo0823 posted:

Ok guys, heres my revisions so far. I basically only changed the text, but I think that that's the most important bit anyway. Let me know what you think. The first one, I'll admit I got a bit stumped about what to put, so its just what popped into my head at the time. As for the other two, Those are just revisions of m last ones, but changed to hopefully make them more damaging to them and less to us.

Eh, the problem to a buisness card is that those basically have poster levels of content on them :-\. Plus, if we're going to have a mission statement, it needs to be 1-2 lines tops.