Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Eventually the kiddies on the chans will get bored, and this will be just another stunt that people will shake their heads at when someone mentions scientology or the chans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

It's been said before, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I doubt anonymous will get what they want from these attacks, but the fact that this is being spread around so much will definitely poison their recruiting pool, which I believe is the best thing it can do.

The best thing that Co$ can do is just wait out the storm. Anonymous will eventually get bored and go harass someone else. However (and I hope this is the case) that they will strike out at who or whatever they can in attempt to silence these attacks. It would be like trying to watch someone fighting off a continually growing swarm of bees.

What ever retaliatory reaction Co$ does will probably strike hardest with people in the 'church'. Hopefully this will give them pause, and make them reexamine their beliefs.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

I would be in favor of a flier and pamphlet campaign in my area, although I don't think their is a solid scieno presence in Happy Valley. As much as I appreciate what Anon is doing, I would prefer to do something a bit more legal, and more personal.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

BeastUK posted:

It's more like 'Scientology doesn't want you to know that all your thousands of dollars will get you is bad science fiction'.

Well let's hope Brian Herbert doesn't start his own religion along the same lines then.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

WillieWestwood posted:

It's not quite a contradiction. Since it's a belief in the CoS, they don't view it as science fiction, just as something us uninitiated folk won't understand until and unless get to OT III.

I don't think poking fun at their beliefs is a good course of action. Just about any religion has ridiculous beliefs depending on your point of view. Drawing attention to the way they treat their members and ex-members is what people should be concentrating on bringing light to.

Religious freedom should be available to any who seek it, not just those that must pay for it. People also shouldn't have to endure brainwashing and imprisonment committed against them by their own religion. This is the true ugliness of scientology.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Hyphynotizer posted:

/i/ is down, 711 is down, with a message from "The Regime"

I am at work so I can't look. What does it say?

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Zazamoot posted:

Boycotting is really the most crucial, legal course of action individuals can take against Scientology.

I have been boycotting Tom Cruise's movies lately on the basis that they don't look all that interesting. Now I can tell people it's for more personal reasons and chicks will think I am deep.

Seriously though, is there a way we can find out what companies and organizations are related to scientology so we could boycott them effectively?

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Petey posted:

This is pretty epic: Second Address to Scientology.

The reflection in his helmet makes me wonder what is he watching. It looks like Azumanga Diaoh.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Does anyone have large copies of the 'ribbons'? I plan on adorning my notebooks and handing them out to my friends.

Even though scientology doesn't seem to have a presence here in Happy Valley, I still plan on putting up flyers.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Sweevo posted:

What about something like:

"Several European countries have acted to limit the dubious activities of the Church of Scientology. What is Mr Obama's stance on this issue? Would he be willing to take steps to prevent this dangerous organisation from exploiting Americans?"

In the vein of this maybe we should approach every person running for election about this. If this becomes a campaign issue, it could definitely receive a lot more attention.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Inhumanbot posted:

Guys, it's never going to be a campaign issue.

It doesn't matter, though. We're not even into the "meat" of this mass protest yet, and I'm sure it's done permanent damage to the pool of future Co$ recruits. A lot of young people got exposed to Scientology through this, and I'm sure the taste was bitter. Anonymous, we owe you one!

It's funny to me to think that there are probably a bunch of lower-level OTs out there going, "Why are these people spreading lies about our simple and beautiful religion," while upper-levels are saying, "Aww, poo poo, they're onto us!"

Part of the idea is to get your average joe/jane scieno to think about what they are doing, to question the practices and policies of their 'religion'. As many fliers we put up, and much as we protest, it probably won't do much than change public opinion.

That is a good thing, but to better change their organization we need to convince them to do it. Most of scientology is made of low level people. We need to make them realize that their 'simple and beautiful religion' needs change. Once they realize the problems, then they can reform it themselves.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

dedpixhl posted:

Thank you for doing this. I was planning on doing the same yesterday, but I got caught up with too many things. I plan on heading up to Kinko's tomorrow since I have like $10 or so on one of their smartcards.

So, has anyone else started having their sleeptime interrupted by Scieno dreams? I have. :tinfoil:

:tinfoil: The past two nights...so weird. Glad it isn't just me.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

GringoGrande posted:

Seems like wired really doesn't like Anonymous.

Seems wired referes to anonymous as 'goons'. That seems worrisome.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

I just found out that someone at my workplace (which is rather large and encompasses several buildings) has spread around some scientology literature. I want to counter spread around some fliers, but I don't want to do it in a way that would get me fired or targeted as an SP and ruin my job.

Any suggestions?

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Slob posted:

Check on the legality of spreading religious literature around a workplace.

That would probably prevent me from putting out my fliers, but it may be the best option.

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

ProfaneMethane posted:

Just to add some information on being followed... This comes from operating with Counter Intel agents in the military. Not some movie bullshit.

Use and SDR (Surveilance Detection Route) when headed home and for a while after the 10th if you were in attendance.

1. Plot a route that circles back on itself noting vehicles at each turn, the one that stays on the same route as you is a tail.

2. Plot a route that uses a long stretch of straight freeway, they cannot predict when you will exit so they must follow close behind. The best is to traverse a bridge or section of freeway that has a branch at the end leading to multiple other paths.

3. Plot in stops at places you don't normally go to. Check who stops there too, same guy or gal shows up at more than one, you have your tail.

4. Stop and then start again randomly.

5. If you feel you need to continue checking, vary your departure times and routes to places you normally go like to work. Leave early one day, then late the next, perform the other steps above and watch for your tail.

Do you think having a rented vehicle will provide any measure of protection from things like this such as making it tough for them to run your plates or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

I just had a retarded thought. Sea Org members sign a contract for a billion years right? Well if you were reincarnated, would you have to sign up for another billion years because of a paperwork error, or do you think they have stuff in place to make sure that a person doesn't serve more than their 'alloted time'.