Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rick Grimes posted:

Just got pictures back of my mask when I got home from work. Tony finished it up, and will be shipping it out tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll have it on Friday. If not, Monday then.

To preface, I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. And, I've always like the whole Umbrella schtick. So I went with an Umbrella theme.

So yeah, once I get that, PMA's mask is getting sent on.

I love this mask. Good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I thought this was probably the funniest. I want it:
http://goaliemonkey.com/itech-goalie-mask-marvel1400-iron-man.html

The Captain America and Wolverine ones are atrocious.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So Habibi posted this in another thread, I figured it would get facetime here:

Looks like this hasn't been posted yet, and I thought it was interesting for a number of reasons: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...lies/?page=full

Some snippets:

quote:

The result? Knee pads and clavicle protectors will be trimmed for the 2008-09 season.
The group concluded that the knee pad could be limited to 2 1/2 inches in length without compromising goalie safety. With less blocking area low, skaters have a better chance of scoring five-hole.
Meanwhile, torso protection will be contoured. The clavicle protector, previously allowed to be 7 inches long, will become smaller, although Healy didn't have exact dimensions of the new piece. All goalies have been apprised of the changes and equipment manufacturers are making the alterations so netminders will have their new gear for training camp in September.

And the article then went into the new skate-blade technology they've been testing and will be incorporating:

quote:

The reduction of the Michelin men won't be the only advantage for shooters in 2008-09. In the next few weeks, more than 100 NHLers will test the Thermablade Elite II, the heated blades that were introduced in February to a 10-player group. Four Bruins are taking part in the trial run. Marc Savard, who had expressed interest in the system previously, is expected to be one of them.

According to Sam McCoubrey, Thermablade's vice president of sales and marketing, the new model features more robust electronics that will give players 75 minutes on a two-hour charge (the blade plugs into a standard electric outlet). The concept is that heated blades (approximately 41 degrees, powered by battery and a microprocessor in the skate's undercarriage) reduce friction and vibration between the skates and ice, giving players quicker starts, tighter turns, more speed out of turns, and greater efficiency that will lead to more energy late in games. Nashville forward Martin Erat, who wore the previous model last season, said he had better speed coming out of corners.

So uh, how are you guys not outraged yet?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Internet Victory posted:

These things called rules.

Wade Dubielewicz (I can't believe A) that's how it's spelled and B) I got that right first try) did that exact thing to Mats Sundin in the shootout. Sundin came in with his head down, Wade caught him above the hash marks and tripped him up good. IIRC as long as you don't throw your stick in the shootout you can do whatever you want as a goalie.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Crumleg posted:

I'm not sure I get exactly what you're saying...you can do this, to an extent, if you hit the puck before the man. Obviously you can't fly out to center ice and knock it away before he touches it, and I wouldn't recommend diving at a player coming straight down on you-- its too easy to just dodge around for an open net. If the forward is stupidly staring down at the puck, you might pull it off.

Exactly this. Don't tell Mats Sundin I called him stupid.

• Locked thread