Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Martytoof posted:

Good thing Wonderllama doesn't read this thread :3:

NAMESEARCH UPDATE:

honestly, i've never played anywhere up north for a comparison, but after playing in the "A" league wednesday night i pray that i never play anyone better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
last night reminded me of this thread as our goalie (who let in 8 goals in 12 shots :rolleyes: ) was complaining about having to buy new leg pad blocker-thingies. his twenty-minute diatribe was about how one blocker cost him what an entire season of ice costs us skaters. he then conjectured our moms were prostitutes, or something. this is in response to the captain mentioning the possibility of charging him something next year, as he currently pays nothing.

he then said that all goalie equipment was meant to protect the goalie and not to "keep the puck out of the net" which was when i asked him what the glove is protecting.

he did mention that he was buying some new sean burke pads, so hopefully they are huge and illegal and stuffed with HGH or something. because god he sucks and playoffs start next week.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
so, i know this is for goalies, but i ripped on my goalie pretty hard earlier in the thread. well, he got us two shutouts in three playoff games and we won the "B" league championship on sunday 8 - 0.

i'd eat the crow pie, but i like to think my shutdown defense and sliding in front of slapshots was what really mattered. also, my mom thinks im a catch.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Pleads posted:

Uh, hello, that's what the DEFENSE are for. Me just score goal.

i play defense, and after some of the comments from some of the games, im pretty sure i must unknowingly be playing with you.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
one of my ice leagues is real lax about subs, and it sucks especially when there are traveling team try outs, and a bunch of really good kids are in town with nothing to do but sit around and wait for a team to ask them to play.

my roller league, basically as a rule there are no subs period, and if you use one the game is forfeited. plenty of times i've seen teams play an entire game with only 3 players.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Internet Victory posted:

High level players are much easier to play against since you can predict where their shots will go. Playing against fat beer leaguers who cant skate is tough because they shoot like its going to be a high wrister and they wiff and the puck slides under your pads. Never fails.

same goes for terrible D league goalies; kinda hard to deke them out when they don't move side-to-side

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
i got my player skates sharpened (first time) for $7 from great skate. most of the online stores will sharpen them for you before they ship them off, then you don't have to pay a ridiculous initial cut charge from the pro shop.

i pay $7 to get mine sharpened everytime FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aniki posted:

Do any of the guys exclusively play defensemen or do they try to rotate arond the "burden" of playing defense? It sadly seems like it takes a different mentality to play defense. As goalies, we all have that mindset, but most skaters are obsessed with scoring and don't seem to realize that playing good defense creates scoring opportunities. I've also noticed that a lot of the better defensemen I've played against are either goalies or want to play goalie, so if anyone on your team has ever expressed interest in playing goalie, then maybe you can convince them to dedicate themselves to playing defensemen.

defense is the offensive lineman of hockey; you only get recognition when you gently caress up, and no one says your name unless they're upset about something you did.

goal got scored against you? well, your forwards are mad that you didn't stop the guy, hang a pass through five guys, and hit them on a breakaway (they've got a laser-rocket shot you know.) and you goalie types are mad because we were screening you.

nobody blames the goalie (to his face) because you fuckers are crazy and have much more padding, the biggest stick, and full face shield.

make a great defensive play? good fucker, that's your job. now go sit on the point and think about puppy dogs or swimming pools because there's no way in hell that the ovechkin on your team is going to pass(lol) up an opportunity to put the puck through the legs of the entire opposing team.

• Locked thread