Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

Are goalies all insane or just most?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRc5Qm_oNeU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

Your scorekeepers count shots :monocle:

I think I have a whopping 2 assists and 4PM through fifteen games this year playing defense. I signed up to be a forward this year and dammit I'm back on defense :(

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

PenguinManAmato posted:

Pure Hockey in Marlboro MA

I used to shop at the one in Danvers on route 1. It was the most poorly organized yet great hockey store I've ever been to. Have the stuff had no price on it so you ask the Ric Flair looking guy behind the counter who would announce a price out of thin air.

All the Canadian hockey stores are well oiled money making enterprises with half the selection and lovely prices.

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

This week I denied former NHLer Doug Smith a goal in my morning over 30 hockey league. We were down by one late so we pulled our goalie and then promptly turned the puck over. So I was the last defenseman back and Smith rifles a shot top corner and I managed to deflect it to the corner with the shaft of my stick.

SAS Goalies: am I playing the wrong position - should I start playing goal?

also Hockey Life :swoon: I'll never buy hockey poo poo anywhere else

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

I'm a defensive defenseman which offers the same lack of scoring but on a lighter budget. I keep hoping that one of these games our goalie gets sick and I can put on the equipment, it's bound to happen eventually.

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

A story for my goalie buddies from one of my wife's (male) co-workers

This guy is a goalie and gets a call out of the blue from another buddy saying he needed a goalie right away for an "event" hockey game. So he heads out to the Sensplex and finds out it's a company team playing against members of Team Canada's women's team. So he's the goalie for the Team Canada team and is told to move his stuff over to their locker room. He's in there with a couple of guys who have been added to the team to fill out numbers and about ten women.

After the game is over he's the last one off the ice (slow rear end goalie) and finds the Canada girls are all undressing and showering in front of him. None making any effort to cover themselves with towels or anything. Sadly he has no cell phone photos to prove his story, but a fun tale nontheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JungleMan
Apr 6, 2004

Martytoof posted:

That was me. I was that goalie with no proof of said sexy events!

Yet another reason why it's good to be a goalie.

• Locked thread