Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

agro_cragg
Dec 9, 2006
Time travel to the edge of the Moon!
Where does one start with The Kinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agro_cragg
Dec 9, 2006
I'd like to know where to start with The Misfits.

agro_cragg
Dec 9, 2006

Moe_Rahn posted:

The coffin box set. It'll run you around 60 bucks, but it's worth it. It's got nearly everything the original Misfits ever recorded save for Walk Among Us; all the songs from that album are still on it, just in different versions.

The box set, Walk Among Us, and the reissue of Static Age (which has a couple of tracks that aren't on the box set version) should be everything you'll ever need by the Misfits.

Sorry to be a snob, but I'm kinda hurting for cash right now. I can only buy one or two albums at this point. Are there just a couple of early Misfits albums that could set me on the right path?

agro_cragg
Dec 9, 2006

ZackHoagie posted:

I would love to get into both Devo and Aphex Twin

Devo Live 1980 is better than any Devo greatest hits compilation. After Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice, pick up Live 1980. Duty Now for the Future is another good choice. I'd say most other records are optional.