Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ziir posted:

There was a website I found last year where you put in your departure city and then you can choose general arrival locations like "Europe" or "France" or "Worldwide" and so forth, tell it the time span you could go, and it would search through and list flights in cheapest order to many cities/locations. It was a simple looking website with a white background.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Skyscanner.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

moflika posted:

Not sure where to post this, but if I'm flexible on my fly out date and willing to sit around for a few days, would it be possible to get a last minute cheap seat on an international flight?

I see empty seats all the time on international flights and wonder if by hanging around the check-in desk (non-creepishly) and shooting the poo poo with the desk staff I could get something after a while. I'd have more or less nothing to check in (just a carry-on, so I can move quick) and would only aim for economy class, of course. A cheaply filled seat must be better than an empty one....

Is this retarded?

You're talking about flying standby. It used to be way easier and cheaper than it is now, but the airlines caught on and now charge more normal rates for it. I am unsure if any still allow international standby.